Today I discovered a Russian build Navigation app called Navitel. Allthough it didn't mention my country (Netherlands) I was still curious enough to download it. To my suprise it does have Dutch maps (BeNeLux) and other west european countries. Only thing missing is Dutch speech, but English is fine.

So far I am very pleased with the interface, searching address works simular as TomTom, It will find satelites very quick, 3D (2,5 more likely) mapview and route import and export. Unfortunately the import has not worked for me with my own created routes, appearently they use OziExplorer te create the export file, so I guess I have to use OziExplorer to create the import file as well.

Getting the maps is easy, just go to the section to download maps, select europe and select the countries you want to have. Only problem so far is that it will store them on the internal storage, no option to choose external storage.

For BeNeLux maps price after trail will be 16 Euro, with free updates, but for 43 Euro you can get Western Europe, so that would be smart move.

Allthough I like this app, I still prefer Navigon, because of alternative routes and scenic routes for motorcycle. So still waiting on Navigon/Garmin to deliver their version for BB10.
    08-07-13 07:07 AM
    Navitel Ver [5] Android converted Bar files runs . but the font is toosmall and problem for indexing map
    08-07-13 07:31 AM
    Mireo western map was 16 euro also dutch here

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 09:22 AM
    Navitel Ver [5] Android converted Bar files runs . but the font is toosmall and problem for indexing map
    This version is 7.5 and is in bb world
    08-07-13 04:31 PM
    Mireo western map was 16 euro also dutch here

Posted via CB10
    Tried Mireo, but really did not like it, still waiting for navigon to deliver a bb10 version
    08-07-13 04:33 PM
    Tried Mireo, but really did not like it, still waiting for navigon to deliver a bb10 version
    What didn't you like about it? It does the job very well

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 05:04 PM
    Hi Dave, as mentioned I miss Motorbike option, scenic routes and the option to use created routes (rte or gpx). I use navigation most of the time when cruising on holidays. For the rest, it's been to long ago I tested Mireo, because of the 7 day trail, which ended long time ago
    08-09-13 06:20 AM