I'm a big BB and F1 fan and for a long time I tried to mix both worlds, legally but w/o paying the heavy bucks of the official app every year.
    So investigating the Live Timing protocols, I found a developer (Mariusz) that implemented a free app for Live Timing in multiple platforms (mobile and desktop which is amazing).

Formula1 Live Timing -F1LT-snapshot7.png

I asked him to repackage his Android app, I helped testing it in Z10, Q10 and PlayBook formats, and he posted the signed and converted bars at his site F1LT for BB

As he has a QT version for Nokia, I asked him to try producing a native version for BB10 but it was a little bit slugish when we tested it (he said that maybe it was a matter of the ported Nokia elements -buttons, lists- that didn't work well in BB10 platform), but he may revisit the subject once the new QT5.x platform with iOS/Android/BB10 support ships and he may develop a new common base code for mobiles. Any QT/BB10 dev around with knowledge, feel free to contact (Mariusz) and help him out.

Enjoy this free F1 Live Timing app in the upcoming races! (and don't forget to send the developer a thank you email )
    Wolf
    07-20-13 03:16 PM
    Hi Wolf!
    this looks like a great app. I'll give it a whirl over the forthcoming days... Many thanks for your and Mariusz's efforts so far...

PDM
    07-20-13 04:14 PM
    Thanks Wolf, this is a great app! I'm enjoying it right now. You should ask him to put it in BlackBerry World for the Z10 and PlayBook. This would allow more people to use it...

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 07:43 AM
    Thanks Wolf, this is a great app! I'm enjoying it right now. You should ask him to put it in BlackBerry World for the Z10 and PlayBook. This would allow more people to use it...
    I suggested the same as Mariusz already has dev keys, but feel free to send him a thank you email and suggest BBworld publishing as well (the android app is published at GooglePlay anyways).
    Wolf

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 12:46 PM
    Very good find, just wish I found this thread before today's race! Haha.

Will definitely be used for Spa however

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 08:42 PM
    The developer attacked again, grab the new version for this weekend! Version 1.2 was published, major new feature: live track maps!

Formula1 Live Timing -F1LT-snapshot8.jpg
    Formula1 Live Timing -F1LT-snapshot11-t.png

Again, enjoy this free F1 Live Timing app in the upcoming races! (and don't forget to send the developer -Mariusz- a thank you email)
    Wolf
    MikeFromCanada likes this.
    08-23-13 05:17 PM
    The developer attacked again, grab the new version for this weekend! Version 1.2 was published, major new feature: live track maps!
    Perfect timing for Spa, thanks for the heads up Wolf!

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 11:57 PM
    And another update published, v1.3.0 got:
    - added live championship standings
    - added safety car to driver tracker
    - fixed issues with reconnecting
    - fixed issue with launching options menu
    - more bug fixes

Download at: http://f1lt.googlecode.com/files/F1LT-1.3.0.bar

Enjoy it! Wolf
    09-07-13 12:02 PM
    Worked like a charm during qualifying. Wish I could say the same for Lewis

Posted via CB10
    Baked likes this.
    09-07-13 12:49 PM
    Formula1 Live Timing -F1LT-img_20130924.jpg

Gotta love f1... crazy

Posted with a Zee10 on 10.2.XxXx steroids
    09-08-13 08:22 AM
    Developer posted another update as v1.3.2:
    added pit stop time info into DT classification
    fixed bug with positioning drivers on DT map before race start
    fixed positioning SC when opening DT
    other bug fixes

All available at http://f1lt.pl
    Regards, Wolf

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 06:48 PM
    F1LT 1.4.0 for Android and BB10/PlayBook released.
    New feature is introduced - playing old live timing sessions. Very useful tool when watching a replay of the race, quali or free practice. Session files are stored on a remote server. To get access to it select "Play session" from menu or startup screen. Application uses the same database as the desktop one, although only this years sessions are available. There are also new track maps for India and Abu Dhabi.

Formula1 Live Timing -F1LT-screen-player-t.png

As always, download update from F1LT and don't forget to thank the developer Mariusz
    Enjoy, Wolf.
    MikeFromCanada likes this.
    10-25-13 04:45 PM
    F1LT 1.4.0 for Android and BB10/PlayBook released.
    New feature is introduced - playing old live timing sessions. Very useful tool when watching a replay of the race, quali or free practice. Session files are stored on a remote server. To get access to it select "Play session" from menu or startup screen. Application uses the same database as the desktop one, although only this years sessions are available. There are also new track maps for India and Abu Dhabi.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen-player-t.png 
Views:	266 
Size:	120.3 KB 
ID:	214270

As always, download update from F1LT and don't forget to thank the developer Mariusz
    Enjoy, Wolf.
    Fantastic! This has made this app a must have now!

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 03:02 PM
    Anyone have the latest bar for this, the version I have needs an update some drivers aren't shown when setting Head to Head lap times. My version is 1.0.14.0 Same issue on my playbook and Q10.
    All of the above links are 404'd out.
    05-11-14 09:42 AM
    Anyone have the latest bar for this, the version I have needs an update some drivers aren't shown when setting Head to Head lap times. My version is 1.0.14.0 Same issue on my playbook and Q10.
    All of the above links are 404'd out.
    The author told me his app was banned from gplay and received a "suggested" to avoid distributing the app.
    Anyways, the F1 live timing protocol changed an all free apps are limited in what the information to show (very basic live timing only).
    Google for f1lt-lite and you'll get this season compatible app.
    Wolf

Posted via CB10
    93Aero likes this.
    05-11-14 10:49 AM
    Yeah I figured as much because every trace of it was removed from searches, but thanks I shall google for the latest bar version you suggest.

Posted via CB10

Edit, no luck with that search either. I'll just keep using the older version. Hopefully someone uploads their version to Box or something.
    Shame, this was one of the best timing apps out.
    Last edited by 93Aero; 05-11-14 at 12:23 PM.
    05-11-14 12:03 PM