Hi, I downloaded and installed Fongo on my Passport a couple of days ago from BBWorld. I actually can't believe it works, and works great. Anyone else try it?

However, last night my phone was about 80% charged, when I woke up this morning, 7 hrs later, it was dead as a doornail. I charged it with no problem but noticed that from 3AM to 7AM the battery dropped like a bomb down to 0%, and I can only think it's due to Fongo. I'd hate to remove it from the device because it is very handy (don't always like to give out the real #).
    12-08-17 06:48 PM
    I use it on my Q5. It does drain the battery a bit, but not that much. Have to say it is an amazingly useful app and an easy way to let you use an old BB as a secondary device.
    andy957 likes this.
    12-08-17 08:22 PM
    an easy way to let you use an old BB as a secondary device.
    That's right!
    12-08-17 08:23 PM
    The app still works as well as ever on the Bold 9900. But all the servers are in Ontario, so the latency is too high for calls from the West to the West.
    12-09-17 12:18 AM
    I have used Fongo on BB Z30 (as well as several other BlackBerry, IOS and android devices) for a while. Haven't noticed any unusual battery drain. Works like a charm when on WiFi (or carrier data) throughout the world. You do have to get accustomed to the slight latency issues. If you do a search, there are a few other threads on this forum about Fongo.
    12-09-17 07:40 AM
    I have used Fongo on BB Z30 (as well as several other BlackBerry, IOS and android devices) for a while. Haven't noticed any unusual battery drain. Works like a charm when on WiFi (or carrier data) throughout the world. You do have to get accustomed to the slight latency issues. If you do a search, there are a few other threads on this forum about Fongo.
    I find that it's perfect for calling friends in Ontario. Otherwise, I can't stand the delay, and use a VOIP service with a local server and low ping times.
    12-09-17 09:18 AM
    I've used Fongo now on a variety of phones for over 2 years and it's been incredible. I haven't experienced the latency as others have, called all over the country. So much so that I dropped the data plan on my second phone. Yes I love Fongo!

It's much better battery wise on Android than on BB10 if I remember from using it on my Q5 and Z30. I hope that they continue to support BB10.

If your on a prepaid account it can save you a boatload of money!
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    12-09-17 10:00 AM
    So I learned something new and, I think, extremely helpful. I didn't realize that there's a setting to turn off an app when it's minimized, i.e. closed out. Once I enabled that for Fongo, the battery life has improved greatly. Now getting 2.5 days of power, like I used to.
    12-10-17 04:50 PM
    So I learned something new and, I think, extremely helpful. I didn't realize that there's a setting to turn off an app when it's minimized, i.e. closed out. Once I enabled that for Fongo, the battery life has improved greatly. Now getting 2.5 days of power, like I used to.
    With that setting off, would you receive an incoming call, though?

Posted via CB10
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    12-11-17 07:53 AM
    With that setting off, would you receive an incoming call, though?

Posted via CB10
    Good question. I haven’t given the # to anyone yet but I will test it out by calling from a different phone and will report back here.
    12-11-17 08:11 AM
    Yes Fongo will answer with the "setting" off. It does take an extra ring or two (heard by the caller) before Fongo will ring on your handset. If the app is just minimized, it rings through immediately. I have tested it numerous times, calling from my land line to my Fongo mobile number. The Fongo service will start automatically when the phone is rebooted and will show up in the Hub as "connected".
    andy957 likes this.
    12-11-17 08:46 AM
    I periodically check for updates for my Passport, even though the chances of anything show up are slim. However, just got a Fongo update! Don't know what it includes but it seems to indicate they're at least fixing bugs.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-17 10:04 PM
    Unfortunately the battery draining bug is still here...
    04-16-18 01:17 PM