I see an announcement for Flixster on BB10 and go looking to see what it is. This is from Wikipedia

Common criticism

Flixster's growth has been described in the trade press as attributable to "its aggressive viral marketing practices",[15] including "the automated selection of your email account's entire address book in order to send a Flixster invitation to all of your contacts."[15] Although Flixster claims this procedure is an industry standard used by other services,[16][17][18][19] Flixster differs in that their system automatically selects all contacts in the user's address book and requires the user to manually un-select each address individually to prevent email from being sent in the user's name. Co-Founder Joe Greenstein has described the difference between Flixster and other sites as: "We make it easy to invite your friends. Other sites don't provide good ways for people to spread the word."[15]

As a consequence of its policy of emailing users' entire address books with advertisements for the site, the website has been criticized on numerous Internet blogs.[20] At one time email from Flixster to Hotmail users was being filtered and deleted as spam.

Around August 2012, the Flixster website stopped allowing public access. Viewers must log in using a free account or Facebook.

Do I want a company that does things like this to access my information? I dont think so.

Full article here.

Flixster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    01-27-13 11:48 AM
    Boo Hoo. I don't get it, CB members complain about no apps, an app is confirmed and then it's all "but do 'we really want this app?" PFT.
    OP, don't download it.
    01-27-13 03:57 PM
    Yea OP i understand your concern but i think a little more appreciation should be given... if the app wasnt available there would be people making threads saying the sky is falling and RIM will fail because [insert app here] is missing. Let the reviews in app world discourage people from getting the app, but in the meantime its a welcomed +1 to 100k
    01-28-13 01:36 AM
    Just about every app these days wants, and does, access your personal information and so forth. I'm aware of this so I look for it and disable the action. If I can't I don't load it or delete it. Now in the case of Flixster, I do want this app. I have a large blu-ray collection and some of my digital copies are available for streaming through Flixster. So if I choose to pass the time someday with a movie, I can do so by watching a movie from my own collection that I have in the cloud.
    01-28-13 08:34 AM
    It's blackberry. You can deny permission to your personal information. Just downloaded it on my Dev alpha and it asks for permission for: device identifying information (device pin) and your location (gps), both of which can be denied.

It doesn't ask for permission to access your address book so it can't access your address book.

BlackBerry is great eh?
    01-29-13 12:49 AM