Hey all,

I'm running official 10.2.0.1803 (software version 10.2.0.429) on a Z10 STL 100-3.

I'm not sure if this is a 429 issue, but

1. Often Flipboard is black when I return to it from another app. It is still running, but the screen doesn't "redraw". When I touch the screen, bits and pieces will start to appear.

2. I can't login to Instagram. After cutting and pasting my login credentials for Instagram (there is a major keyboard issue with the Instagram login!! ), I simply get the page below:

Flipboard: Can't add Instagram :( Plus no screen refresh :(-img_00000001.png

No explanation given! I'm able to use side loaded Instagram no problem, and am able to log into the website no problem. And I had Instagram connected to Flipboard before with no problem.

Anyone else have an issue adding Instagram to Flipboard?? Any solutions?

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 04:26 PM
    Crazy! Literally right after I posted this, I went back to Flipboard and hit the back button from the "Forbidden" screen (as I have done many times before), but THIS TIME I got the following screen (instead of a blank white screen I got before).

1. It appears that the trick is to first ENTER AN INCORRECT PASSWORD.
    2. It will return you to the login screen.
    3. This time, ENTER THE CORRECT PASSWORD.
    4. You should get the "Forbidden" screen.
    5. NOW, when you hit "back" from the "Forbidden" screen, it will take you to the screen below:

Flipboard: Can't add Instagram :( Plus no screen refresh :(-img_00000002.png

You can then hit submit, and get THIS screen:

Flipboard: Can't add Instagram :( Plus no screen refresh :(-img_00000003.png

From here you can finally be able to login.

Hope this helps others!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mnc76; 12-10-13 at 10:48 AM.
    12-07-13 04:35 PM
    !!

Today I loaded up Flipboard and it wouldn't let me view my own Instagram feed. I ended up having to relogin again and do the whole captcha thing I outlined above again.

Now it will let me see my feed, but it won't let me "Like" anything on Instagram!

It says "Couldn't Like Item"?? Anyone else get this??

Attachment 228309

NOTE: It appears that I can leave comments, but just not "Like" anything. Very wierd.
    Last edited by mnc76; 12-09-13 at 08:12 AM.
    12-09-13 08:01 AM
    I think I may have discovered the root issue.

When I opened my side loaded Instagram, and decided to "Like" a photo, I got the "verify your account " message and had to enter the captcha thing again.

Maybe Instagram wants you to verify yourself in its native app... I expect that I'll now be able to "like" photos through Flipboard again (will post back as soon as a new 'worthy' photo appears

HOWEVER, this doesn't bode well for apps like iGrann if this is true, unless the dev supports Instagram verification. Otherwise, one might be prevented from interacting with friends.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 08:32 AM
    It doesn't connect to mine because the keyboard goes all dodgy when typing

Posted via My Awesome Z30 running 10.2.1.1055
    12-09-13 10:33 AM
    It doesn't connect to mine because the keyboard goes all dodgy when typing

The trick for is to copy and paste your username and password from another app. I created an email and typed my username and password into it, then copied from there (and then deleted the email).

To copy into Flipboard, just hold down on the text area for a second until a little "Paste" arrow appears. Click on it and it will paste in the last thing you copied.

Posted via CB10
    bluetroll likes this.
    12-10-13 01:52 AM
    The trick for is to copy and paste your username and password from another app. I created an email and typed my username and password into it, then copied from there (and then deleted the email).

To copy into Flipboard, just hold down on the text area for a second until a little "Paste" arrow appears. Click on it and it will paste in the last thing you copied.

Posted via CB10
    This worked thankks

12-10-13 02:07 AM
    Worked,

Thank you
    12-10-13 11:54 PM
    Whenever I "Like" a photo via Flipboard, Instagram removes Flipboard from my list of "Authorized" applications, and I have to go through the Instagram-login process in Flipboard again.

Anyone else have this issue?

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 01:56 AM
    I can't "Like" neither ...
    12-11-13 05:58 AM
    FYI: Turns out the issue with not being able to "Like" an Instagram photo is known to Flipboard. I emailed them and this is what they said:

Thanks for your report. We are aware of this problem and are working with Instagram to solve it. For now, please visit Instagram.com in your web browser, login and “Like” an item. Then, login to your Instagram account on Flipboard. This should re-establish the connection to the service. Let me know if this helps or not.
    12-13-13 10:20 AM
    Are you having the original app for instagram or youre on the websitr?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 05:00 AM
    Are you having the original app for instagram or youre on the websitr?

Posted via CB10
    I access Instagram through the original app, the Web page, and through Flipboard.

I can like photos on the Web and original app with no problem.

Flipboard is the only one that has an issue (and as I posted, Flipboard is aware of this bug in Flipboard) .

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 06:16 AM
    I have a iPhone 4S
    Even I can't login in my Instagram account on flipboard
    I tried that wrong password thing but it dint work
    any ideas how to make it work ??
    12-21-13 12:49 AM
    I figured it out
    I logged into Instagram on the Instagram app
    Then switched to flipboard tried login and it logged in
    12-21-13 09:05 PM