I'm sure it was asked and answered before, but let's talk dev to dev, is this changing profiles, muting or disabling sound events?
    Without giving any secrets away? I'm not I can give you a *complete* answer, but I can tell you that it's not changing profiles (yet)
    knobtviker likes this.
    10-31-13 06:57 PM
    Question - just upgraded to Pro. But is there a way to NOT have it enabled for ANY. I can't seem to UNcheck Media. It seems something must always be MUTED? That is what if at this time, I don't want any muting even when FLIPPED?
    Yes I'm working on this for a future enhancement! I guess as a workaround I'd suggest to just toggle background mode to Off if you don't want any (which will actually just shut down the background process until you toggle the setting back on!)
    FF22 likes this.
    10-31-13 06:59 PM
    In the spirit of halloween...

Flip Shush for BlackBerry 10 Free!-feature_headless.jpg
    10-31-13 07:01 PM
    Yep looking into it! What device model (i.e. STL100-4) and OS version do you have?
    Sorry, should have included that: Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1371

Posted via CB10
    jamespaulmuir likes this.
    10-31-13 07:13 PM
    Is it possible just to mute calls or does it all go along for the ride?

PS Purchased the Pro. Yay for Headless App!
    10-31-13 09:31 PM
    Sorry, should have included that: Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1371

Posted via CB10
    I've tracked down the bug for anyone experiencing ringing in the handset and fixed it!

Now.. some bad news... BlackBerry World team raised the minimum OS version for Flip Shush to 10.2.1, which means even if I push an update with this fix, you would be required to have 10.2.1 to get the update! I'll say for sure that this is quite frustrating for me, but I imagine it might be more frustrating for everyone who has already downloaded the app (not to mention upgraded to the Pro version) and is experiencing this bug and cannot update cause they are on 10.2.0.xxxx!

I'm going to contact the BlackBerry World team and what our options are. I just feel terrible that there are thousands of you out there that downloaded the new version of Flip Shush and are now dead in the water until 10.2.1 is available. I don't blame anyone here, I'm not that kind of person, it's just an unfortunate situation and I think the best thing we need to do is work together to figure out what to do next...
    MADBRADNYC, FF22 and NinjaBread like this.
    11-02-13 10:18 PM
    Just purchased this app, Thanks, I'm sure it will come in handy. Plus its just plain KOOL.....SMILE
    11-02-13 10:31 PM
    I've tracked down the bug for anyone experiencing ringing in the handset and fixed it!

Now.. some bad news... BlackBerry World team raised the minimum OS version for Flip Shush to 10.2.1, which means even if I push an update with this fix, you would be required to have 10.2.1 to get the update! I'll say for sure that this is quite frustrating for me, but I imagine it might be more frustrating for everyone who has already downloaded the app (not to mention upgraded to the Pro version) and is experiencing this bug and cannot update cause they are on 10.2.0.xxxx!

I'm going to contact the BlackBerry World team and what our options are. I just feel terrible that there are thousands of you out there that downloaded the new version of Flip Shush and are now dead in the water until 10.2.1 is available. I don't blame anyone here, I'm not that kind of person, it's just an unfortunate situation and I think the best thing we need to do is work together to figure out what to do next...
    Nobody blames you.

Q10 and Canadian all the way! Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1791
    11-02-13 10:34 PM
    Mine is still working. Still silences the phone in the background. My OS is 10.2.0. Does this flip shush also mutes the alarm? Because if it is, it should be fixed dude. I don't want to miss work or anything because I accidentally flip my phone down.
    11-03-13 12:00 AM
    I posted this in another thread, but seems like it will get to the dev here:

I bought the Pro version to get the headless functionality, but when my Q10 is jiggled, even if it remains upright, the mute function becomes engaged for a second then disengages. This means that when I walk and listen to music or podcasts the audio jumps and stutters while the muting goes on and off. Very annoying! The phone never approaches anything close to the angle shown in the settings, but the muting still engages just from the jiggling.

I have stopped using the app because of this problem! I hope a fix can be pushed out, but it seems I might lose the headless functionality if I upgrade now because of the OS specifications thing, which is super sad...
    11-03-13 01:27 AM
    I posted this in another thread, but seems like it will get to the dev here:

I bought the Pro version to get the headless functionality, but when my Q10 is jiggled, even if it remains upright, the mute function becomes engaged for a second then disengages. This means that when I walk and listen to music or podcasts the audio jumps and stutters while the muting goes on and off. Very annoying! The phone never approaches anything close to the angle shown in the settings, but the muting still engages just from the jiggling.

I have stopped using the app because of this problem! I hope a fix can be pushed out, but it seems I might lose the headless functionality if I upgrade now because of the OS specifications thing, which is super sad...
    I'm sorry about the trouble you are having! I experienced this myself and definitely think this can be adjusted on my end for this use case (walking/running while in pocket). In the mean time, have you tried adjusting the flip angle in the Advanced settings? If not, try setting it to the minimum angle of 5 degrees. Hopefully that helps until I can get it fixed for you!
    11-03-13 08:54 AM
    Mine is still working. Still silences the phone in the background. My OS is 10.2.0. Does this flip shush also mutes the alarm? Because if it is, it should be fixed dude. I don't want to miss work or anything because I accidentally flip my phone down.
    The audio for the alarm is classified as a notification, so if you have Flip Shush set to "Phone, Notifications, Media" or "Notifications, Media", then yes it will mute the alarm when flipped.

I can tell you though I'm working very hard to replace the current "profiles" in Flip Shush with the ability to select a global built-in notification profile (Normal, Silent, Vibrate Only, etc), which would then honor the global settings for each profile. For example, if your global setting is set to "Silent", the alarm will still sound but phone/notifications will still be muted.
    MADBRADNYC and FF22 like this.
    11-03-13 09:17 AM
    That's a solid solution. Just keep at it, disregard the OS bump up. By the time it is available, you can still push updates, no?
    For those already that jumped on board.
    11-03-13 01:25 PM
    Argh! I wanted to downgrade to 10.2 official, but I did not read the headless option no longer appears if you reinstall the app. Oh well, back to Active Frame use for now.
    11-11-13 07:39 PM
    Hi James. I have a suggestion for the apps lol.

Can you just change the profile into all alerts off when the device is flipped and back into normal alert when it is not, so that the alarm would still work. (maybe this is what you are trying to do? If so, please make it possible lol).

Second, could you add an option to turn the display off when the device is flipped, and turned it back on when it is not?

Thanks!
    11-16-13 10:57 PM
    Dear Developer,
    Please add a mode that changes the behavior of the app:
    When you get a phone call and flip the phone, it should stop the ringer. If the phone is still fliped down and you get another call - it should ring until you flip it again. This is a equivalent of pressing the volume buttons on the device.

When an alarms goes off, flip to snooze. This is more important than the first and it is crucial. Right now, you might cause a massive delay for work across the globe ( ) because if you flip the device it mill mute but not snooze and the alarm will never ring again.

And here is why the current behavior of the phone silencing makes no sence:
    If you want to mute all sounds because you are going to take a nap or overnight sleep you will never hear the alarm in the morning. If you want to mute the sounds because you are in a meeting and flip the device down, even peaking for the time will unmute the phone. E.G. For both cases it is better not to use this app and switch your profile instead.

Don't get me wrong, the app is great, but you missed the point.

The above is my own opinion and wish/advise how should be the app updated. I bought this app and don't regret it because I believe you will listen to your customers. But as of right now - it isn't usable.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 09:31 AM
    Wow... just wow. Before you blame me for taking your post out of context, using terms like "you [the developer] missed the point" and "it [the app] isn't usable" are... *facepalm*
    If the app does not work for what you want, then maybe you missed the point of this app. The developer has already said a lot more customisation is coming with newer OS releases, so I hope he addresses some of your concerns.
    But frankly, the options you ask for do not make much sense to me. I can agree the it would be handy if the Alarm was not muted when flipped, but stuff like re-flipping the phone for every new incoming call? Re-flipping for a snooze alarm? Staying muted when peeking at the screen? (A delay in switching back when flipped up could solve that last issue.)
    Too many tweaks and toggles like that would defeat the purpose of this app: an easy way to quickly change sound settings. I agree with your closing statement though, you should probably stick to changing your profile.
    "Rant"
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    12-01-13 02:48 PM
    IMO, one of the best features of this application is the ease of use.
    There are always things that can be improved upon, but too many settings are just a turn off to me.
    The more mucking around to inflate the app, leaves too many cracks to break the app.
    Especially when the developer is attempting to have it work on all current & future BB10 versions (as he should).
    Then people will really be complaining.
    12-01-13 06:56 PM
    Wow... just wow. Before you blame me for taking your post out of context, using terms like "you [the developer] missed the point" and "it [the app] isn't usable" are... *facepalm*
    If the app does not work for what you want, then maybe you missed the point of this app. The developer has already said a lot more customisation is coming with newer OS releases, so I hope he addresses some of your concerns.
    But frankly, the options you ask for do not make much sense to me. I can agree the it would be handy if the Alarm was not muted when flipped, but stuff like re-flipping the phone for every new incoming call? Re-flipping for a snooze alarm? Staying muted when peeking at the screen? (A delay in switching back when flipped up could solve that last issue.)
    Too many tweaks and toggles like that would defeat the purpose of this app: an easy way to quickly change sound settings. I agree with your closing statement though, you should probably stick to changing your profile.
    1. Unless you are the developer, don't see why you even started typing this - it was addressed directly towards him. Obviously you just want to fight.
    2. Negative comments are usually not very welcome for a product that is widely accepted, but without "negative comments" there is no evolution. And this was far away from rant - I gave specific resons.
    3. If I was the developer, I would be happy that someone spent 30 minutes testing the app and another 15 minutes giving feedback (that's about $100 with my wage).
    4. You are right with one thing and I was thinking the same - we need another app for business users to do what I suggested. Risking to miss a call because the phone flipped in my pocket or because I knee down sometimes equals loss of income for me. Same with snoozing alarm - if I am late for appointment I get $25 per hour penalties.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 10:09 PM
    I appreciate your feedback. I've spliced my answers in below:

Dear Developer,
    Please add a mode that changes the behavior of the app:
    When you get a phone call and flip the phone, it should stop the ringer. If the phone is still fliped down and you get another call - it should ring until you flip it again. This is a equivalent of pressing the volume buttons on the device.

When an alarms goes off, flip to snooze. This is more important than the first and it is crucial. Right now, you might cause a massive delay for work across the globe ( ) because if you flip the device it mill mute but not snooze and the alarm will never ring again.
    I can look into doing this in the future, but it would have to be programmed as "mute for X seconds" when flipped. Not sure If I can programmatically snooze the alarm when flipped, though. I suggest maybe just using the volume buttons for that case.

And here is why the current behavior of the phone silencing makes no sence:
    If you want to mute all sounds because you are going to take a nap or overnight sleep you will never hear the alarm in the morning. If you want to mute the sounds because you are in a meeting and flip the device down, even peaking for the time will unmute the phone. E.G. For both cases it is better not to use this app and switch your profile instead.
    The next version of Flip Shush will have a whole new way of muting. Instead of the current way, you will be able to select a built-in notification profile to switch to when the device is flipped (i.e. When flipped, change device to "Vibrate Only").

As for the peeking while in a meeting, I wonder if there could be some customizable "grace period" that you could set. It could behave like this: When flipped down, set my profile (let's say "Silent") immediately, but when flipped face up, allow me to use the phone for 10 seconds (again, customizable) before switching the profile back.

Don't get me wrong, the app is great, but you missed the point.

The above is my own opinion and wish/advise how should be the app updated. I bought this app and don't regret it because I believe you will listen to your customers. But as of right now - it isn't usable.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the feedback, I do appreciate it. Use cases like this allow the app to evolve!

P.S. are you running one of the 10.2.1 leaks?
    12-01-13 10:28 PM
    I appreciate your feedback. I've spliced my answers in below:

I can look into doing this in the future, but it would have to be programmed as "mute for X seconds" when flipped. Not sure If I can programmatically snooze the alarm when flipped, though. I suggest maybe just using the volume buttons for that case.

The next version of Flip Shush will have a whole new way of muting. Instead of the current way, you will be able to select a built-in notification profile to switch to when the device is flipped (i.e. When flipped, change device to "Vibrate Only").

As for the peeking while in a meeting, I wonder if there could be some customizable "grace period" that you could set. It could behave like this: When flipped down, set my profile (let's say "Silent") immediately, but when flipped face up, allow me to use the phone for 10 seconds (again, customizable) before switching the profile back.

Thanks for the feedback, I do appreciate it. Use cases like this allow the app to evolve!

P.S. are you running one of the 10.2.1 leaks?
    Yes, I am runing 10.2.1.1055.
    Regarding the snoozing the alarm and silence ringer only:
    Both can be achieved with pressing either volume button - if there is a way to replicate that event in the framework this could be very easily achived.

Regarding the peeking while in meeting - I had this separated because it isn't request for a feature. I was just trying to explain that there isn't much sence for the phone calls muting in its current implementation IMO.

Both of these were long time present on old Nokia Symbian phones and it worked flawlessly. Nothing is easier than flipping a phone to snooze the alarm and get 10 more minutes of sleep.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 11:31 PM
    I am glad you shared your feedback, but posting it in the CB forum is not "directly towards him [dev]". Everyone has the right to respond. I was not trying to pick a fight, I even said I hope the dev will listen to your concerns; and he did!
    Now that you went into some more detail, I understand your concern about missing calls a bit better, hopefully that new notification setting will help.
    Your snooze request sounds the most difficult to me, because 'flipping' is the trigger for FlipShush already, doing it for every snooze as well is probably asking for conflict.
    And as for 'peeking', I think the grace period mentioned is actually a great idea! Flipping down should be instant, but flipping back up with a short timer: if possible, great!
    1. Unless you are the developer, don't see why you even started typing this - it was addressed directly towards him. Obviously you just want to fight.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    12-02-13 08:07 AM
    Flip Shush Pro in-app purchase is on sale! $0.99 (USD) for a limited time!

Attachment 176303

This App has achieved the Built for BlackBerry� designation. This means that it has been through a rigorous approval process at RIM and will deliver a quality BlackBerry� 10 experience.

BlackBerry World - Flip Shush for BlackBerry 10

Features:
    • Mute Media (Music/Video) by flipping device face-down (app must remain running, even if only in active frame)
    • Built with BlackBerry 10 Cascades

Pro Features - Available via In-App purchase (2.99 USD On sale for $0.99)
    • Everything list above plus:
    • Mute Notifications
    • Mute Phone Ringing
    • When upgrading to FlipShush Pro, all Pro owners will automatically get all new features

Attachment 139946 Attachment 139945

Attachment 139947 Attachment 139948

Attachment 139949

*Pro features shown in screenshots
    Have sent you an email, having some difficulties purchasing the app. Do advice
    12-25-13 07:59 PM
    @jamespaulmuir ,

thanks a lot for the app. Purchased PRO few days ago and indeed experience the similar problems like the few others:
    1. when flipped, calls are not muted ,but the volume gets just lower.
    2. during the move, the mute function gets engaged even if phone stays relatively upright ( making the angle value lower is a little help)

Info: running 10.2.1.1925 on Z30STA100-2

Did I get your explanation correct (from the post 81), that the fixes of these problems are already implemented but you do not want to push the update because it will leave the 10.2.0.xxx users behind? Or was it solely about the fix for the "ringing in the handset" issue?

And I second the request to add the option to "un-mute all": much more convenient this way than the work-around to stop the process and quit the app.
    12-27-13 03:57 PM
    Just a heads up for all of you, it's free
    01-06-14 01:14 AM
122 ... 2345