Very cool. So is the headless version available in World ? I see 1.2.2
    10-20-13 10:35 AM
    Very cool. So is the headless version available in World ? I see 1.2.2
    Not yet! Still doing some final touches and testing. Since the Pro is a paid, I want to ensure the highest quality before pushing it out. I'll post here when it's ready in BlackBerry World!
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    10-20-13 10:58 AM
    Thanks for your response! Much appreciated.
    1. Currently it overrides the current profile settings. I am considering adding a 4th option to the dropdown which will allow you to actually have the profile switch to whichever profile you'd like (you would be able to choose Normal, Vibrate, Silent, Phone calls only, All Alerts Off). It would then honor all the settings of the built-in profiles. This would give folks the option to, for example, "Have the device switch to the vibrate notification profile when it's flipped upside-down"
    I really like that idea! More settings for the profile changing options would make many very happy.
    I've recently found that it does override the current profile by turning the device upside down and looking at the notification settings. It appears to work via the accelerometer and not the light sensor, which is awesome! It does not interfere with BeBuzz LEDs or anything at all when calls are received the way it sits currently. I can see missed calls pop ups and all. I really like this application!
    2. I'm not sure this is technically possible with the current APIs available as of 10.2 (any other devs our there correct me if I'm wrong!). I will keep an eye out for it though! If it does become available, it will become an option that is turned off by default
    In playing with the app as stated earlier, I've found that the other caller can hear the phone ring on their end until it goes to voice mail. I really don't have an issue with this, but TBH, I would prefer the option for the calls to go directly to voice mail, and/or even an immediate "pickup/hangup" feature without going to voice mail at all. In this day and age, with immediate communications, some feel as if you are ignoring them when the phone just continues to ring for 30 seconds before going to voice mail. I understand if this is not possible at this time. I also really appreciate the fact that you are willing to look into this for a future update rather than dismissing the idea. Much respect!.

Looking forward to your official headless app submission!

Good Luck and Prosperity!
    jamespaulmuir likes this.
    10-20-13 11:58 AM
    A few teasers for you guys!

Flip Shush for BlackBerry 10 Free!-img_00001075.png Flip Shush for BlackBerry 10 Free!-img_00001076_800.png
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    10-21-13 02:11 AM
    Awesome!!!
    10-21-13 08:11 AM
    just purchased
    10-21-13 12:38 PM
    This is an amazing app idea. I will have to purchase this. Are you the only dev that has made a headless app right now?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 03:25 PM
    I am downloading as this sounds a great app. The only thing that put me off is the screen needs to be on for it to work but I guess that is an OS limitation.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 01:47 AM
    Flip Shush 2.0 with Headless mode has been approved!

The new version should be showing up in BlackBerry World soon!

A few things to note:
    - The new version requires 10.2 or above
    - The new notification mode selection is not yet available in this version (I'm working really hard to get this feature! )
    - Flip Shush Pro is required to run Headless mode
    - Flip Shush Pro is on sale for $0.99!

Posted via CB10
    abUdi4, bobo616 and knobtviker like this.
    10-30-13 06:54 AM
    It's now headless!!! Wooooot!!

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 01:43 PM

A few things to note:
    - The new notification mode selection is not yet available in this version (I'm working really hard to get this feature! )

Posted via CB10

HI. Just bought the Pro version for the Headless.. Not sure how to get this to work.. At the various angles, it seems to lower the volume for the Calls but It is not muted.. Do you have to do anything else?

On the other hand the notifications mute seems to work just fine..
    Last edited by ameetmedi; 10-30-13 at 03:43 PM.
    10-30-13 02:29 PM
    I'm sure it was asked and answered before, but let's talk dev to dev, is this changing profiles, muting or disabling sound events?
    10-30-13 03:06 PM

A few things to note:

Posted via CB10
    I'm now running my first headless app. Brilliant! I didn't think headless apps were being implemented until 10.2.1 so a great surprise. Seems to work really well.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 03:59 PM
    Absolutely amazing app. It should be featured in BlackBerry World carousel.
    10-30-13 04:54 PM
    Question - just upgraded to Pro. But is there a way to NOT have it enabled for ANY. I can't seem to UNcheck Media. It seems something must always be MUTED? That is what if at this time, I don't want any muting even when FLIPPED?
    Paul86 likes this.
    10-30-13 05:55 PM
    I picked it up and upgraded to pro. Excellent job. Works perfectly in background.

I set it to only 5degree inclination, since anymore could cause it to accidentally mute when I throw it in my pocket or such

Posted from the Shield Helicarrier on a Z30
    10-30-13 06:03 PM
    Just bought the pro version, learned about this from knob's twitter, saw that it's the first headless app and had to try and buy it!

Posted via CB10
    knobtviker likes this.
    10-30-13 10:42 PM
    The only thing I wish it would do is stop the vibrate as well if a call comes in but not sure if this would be possible.
    10-31-13 01:08 AM
    First of all congrats on getting your app approved to be headless!

Like some others on the thread I'm encountering some issues with the headless implementation, it doesn't seem to mute the device fully or 100% of the time unfortunately.

I'm finding that when I flip my Z10 when a call comes in it switches to handset (as if I've got a headset plugged into the audio jack) and turns down the volume but doesn't mute it.

Hopefully you can pinpoint the issues as it's such a useful app.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 07:42 AM
    Is the pause media function not working for anyone else? It will mute my music when I flip my phone over, but it will not pause the stock music app.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 08:56 AM
    Mine will pause the music I believe.

I sent the dev an email about the app "waking up" whenever the phone moves. It would be great if it could be programmed to only "wake up" when a tilt angle within a few degrees of the user's set angle is reached. Could help save on battery life. Using the App Manager, I can see that whenever I move my phone even the slightest bit, it wakes up Flip Shush. I can see it having an effect on battery life when walking/moving/typing.
    10-31-13 09:05 AM
    HI. Just bought the Pro version for the Headless.. Not sure how to get this to work.. At the various angles, it seems to lower the volume for the Calls but It is not muted.. Do you have to do anything else?

On the other hand the notifications mute seems to work just fine..
    Yes there are a few others having this same issue! I'd be happy to help figure out what's causing it. What model do you have and which OS version are you running?
    10-31-13 06:47 PM
    Mine will pause the music I believe.

I sent the dev an email about the app "waking up" whenever the phone moves. It would be great if it could be programmed to only "wake up" when a tilt angle within a few degrees of the user's set angle is reached. Could help save on battery life. Using the App Manager, I can see that whenever I move my phone even the slightest bit, it wakes up Flip Shush. I can see it having an effect on battery life when walking/moving/typing.
    I will just answer here instead of replying to your email if that's ok!

As of right now, Flip Shush is running as a "Long Running Headless" application, which means that there isn't a gyro/accelerometer trigger available from the OS for background apps. If BlackBerry were to provide such a trigger, Flip Shush could work in the way you've described. The app has to stay on all the time and do the listening of the gyro/accelerometer on its own. I can assure you that I've optimized it like crazy to use as little CPU/memory as possible. Also, for what it's worth, the headless version uses less CPU than it does running in Active Frame.
    10-31-13 06:55 PM
    First of all congrats on getting your app approved to be headless!

Like some others on the thread I'm encountering some issues with the headless implementation, it doesn't seem to mute the device fully or 100% of the time unfortunately.

I'm finding that when I flip my Z10 when a call comes in it switches to handset (as if I've got a headset plugged into the audio jack) and turns down the volume but doesn't mute it.

Hopefully you can pinpoint the issues as it's such a useful app.

Posted via CB10
    Yep looking into it! What device model (i.e. STL100-4) and OS version do you have?
    10-31-13 06:55 PM
    The only thing I wish it would do is stop the vibrate as well if a call comes in but not sure if this would be possible.
    This should be possible in a future version!
    10-31-13 06:56 PM
122 12345