For anyone not getting the bell icon when peeking, go to settings in the hub > Hub Management > make sure notifications are selected.
    03-13-13 05:24 PM
    For anyone not getting the bell icon when peeking, go to settings in the hub > Hub Management > make sure notifications are selected.
    Do you see whatsapp in the Hub settings? I don't

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 baby!!
    03-13-13 05:27 PM
    When a friend sent me a picture, it said downloading. It doesn't open up and I don't know where the picture went.

Posted via CB10
    just told my sister to send me a picture on whatsapp it was automatically saved in folder called whatsapp despite that there is no option to chose if you want to receive the files automatically or not ..

check out the setting inside whatsapp > media setting .. if you don't have an SD card inserted in the phone be sure that it's set to save media on device ..
    03-13-13 05:27 PM
    it doesn't work! "Installation Error" my Z10 has FW 10.0.10.32
    Do you have any idea to solve this problem? I can't upgrade my Z10 yet! My carrier doesn't push the upgrade yet!

Posted via CB10
    it won't work unless you software os version is 10.0.10.648 or +
    Last edited by Alooi Divona; 03-13-13 at 05:52 PM.
    03-13-13 05:29 PM
    WhatsApp DOES NOT have to be running for notifications to come in. I tested it. This means that it doesn't have to be in active frame. And messages comes in pretty quickly too. New messages appears in the Hub, but using standard notification icon (the icon of a bell), not whatsapp icon. You can just tap on that notification to reply the message immediately without launching the app.
    Amazing! I just tried this. That's so cool! You just click the notification in the hub, and you can start typing right away, no need to open the app. The back button takes you right back to the hub! It works even better than the Gtalk app, which is built by BB :P
    03-13-13 05:29 PM
    I'm getting the bell icon but when i go to settings in the hub > hub management < under notifications i can only see Calls and Voicemail !
    03-13-13 05:33 PM
    I'm getting the bell icon but when i go to settings in the hub > hub management < under notifications i can only see Calls and Voicemail !
    Sorry, you're absolutely correct. I assumed that people might've disabled it and that's why it wasn't working for some. It works perfectly fine for me as well.
    03-13-13 05:35 PM
    Hmm...I'm getting a "bell" icon in peek when there are no new notifications. I tried opening the actual app to see if it was because I was only viewing the message in the hub, but that doesn't fix it. It's not a big deal, but it's a little annoying...

Edit: Maybe this "stuck" bell icon is what people are talking about. It's not a new notification. It's just that the bell hasn't been cleared.
    03-13-13 05:37 PM
    my first impression is terrible waiting for so long now everybody saying how it works.......... but not available on my device??????????????/
    I have a Blackberry-66AO model STL100-3 software release 10.0.10.85 Don't understand what is wrong????
    03-13-13 05:38 PM
    Love it all, just wish they had different colours for the names in a group chat. ATM they are all grey and boring.
    Alooi Divona likes this.
    03-13-13 05:38 PM
    my first impression is terrible waiting for so long now everybody saying how it works.......... but not available on my device??????????????/
    I have a Blackberry-66AO model STL100-3 software release 10.0.10.85 Don't understand what is wrong????
    Did you try going from BB World? Make sure you log in so that it shows you the BB10 version, or click "change" at the top, and select Z10, and it will show you the BB10 version.

BlackBerry World - WhatsApp Messenger
    03-13-13 05:41 PM
    Hmm...I'm getting a "bell" icon in peek when there are no new notifications. I tried opening the actual app to see if it was because I was only viewing the message in the hub, but that doesn't fix it. It's not a big deal, but it's a little annoying...

Edit: Maybe this "stuck" bell icon is what people are talking about. It's not a new notification. It's just that the bell hasn't been cleared.
    i got this also it was gone when i rebooted the device
    AbsoluteT23 likes this.
    03-13-13 05:41 PM
    Is anyone else finding that the notification is not showing up? Ie the sound is made, when you go to the hub, the message is in the notification section however the little bell does not show up in the peek view when you scroll up to see what type of messages you have.

Posted via CB10
    I get the notification inside the hub, but I do not have the bell in the peek view or on the lockscreen.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
    03-13-13 05:42 PM
    i got this also it was gone when i rebooted the device
    Well, it's not that big of a deal, and I'm guessing it'll happen frequently since I've only sent probably 50 messages in total from the app so far, so it's not worth restarting every 20 minutes to get rid of the bell.

That is unless a restart fixed the issue permanently (or at least fairly long term)? Has the stuck bell come back after you restarted?
    03-13-13 05:43 PM
    Well, it's not that big of a deal, and I'm guessing it'll happen frequently since I've only sent probably 50 messages in total from the app so far, so it's not worth restarting every 20 minutes to get rid of the bell.

That is unless a restart fixed the issue permanently (or at least fairly long term)? Has the stuck bell come back after you restarted?

Well, i didn't get any messages since that i will report back later when i get some

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 05:55 PM
    My option to toggle the notification bell on or off is gone. As in nadda,ziltch, can't reactivate notifications in the hub. It disappeared after the OS update. Please help

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 06:11 PM
    Has anyone managed to send a picture via whatsapp?

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 06:34 PM
    Deeper hub integration!

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 06:36 PM
    Better hub integration but for a company that said two months ago they wouldn't support bb10, this is incredible!

Posted via CB10
    Alooi Divona likes this.
    03-13-13 06:37 PM
    Just installed WhatsApp from BB World on my Z10. Native app, runs extremely smoothly. The usual settings you would expect from WhatsApp are all there. The bonus is the active frame view, which you can set it to display you last message, or nothing if you so wish.

WhatsApp DOES NOT have to be running for notifications to come in. I tested it. This means that it doesn't have to be in active frame. And messages comes in pretty quickly too. New messages appears in the Hub, but using standard notification icon (the icon of a bell), not whatsapp icon. You can just tap on that notification to reply the message immediately without launching the app. HOWEVER, whatsapp is still NOT integrated into the Hub. What appears in the Hub is just a notification, not the chat itself. Meaning if you delete the notification inside Hub, the chat will still be in whatsapp.

Typing is smooth, almost no lag in the app. Emoticons all working.

Whatsapp has done a really nice job with it. It behaves exactly like you would expect a native BB10 app would. The UI should be second nature to Z10 users.

My hopes for future updates would be Hub integration.
    This is fairly accurate for me. I'd like to have a different little icon rather than the notification icon. **** even if it looked like a text message in the hub rather than a notification. And I can't seem rename a contact/edit their info AND can't delete. Hopefully that'll come at some point. I even tried deleting the person out of my phones contacts and then refreshing my favorites list.
    03-13-13 06:47 PM
    well i tested to see if you get messages when the app is closed and you do but i just re opened the app and had a friends message waiting that didn't go through to the hub while the app was closed.

edit: other peoples' messages are coming through with the app closed and the one friends whose wont unless my app is running is using whatsapp on wifi and doesn't have a phone plan on his phone. would that have anything to do with why they aren't pushed to my hub?
    03-13-13 07:16 PM
    It's sometimes stalling for several seconds. There were also some instances that I would be chatting with someone and then when I'd wanna go chat with someone else, it would show the old chat I was having and would just stall for a little bit. So that would be nice if it was patched otherwise it's a good app.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 07:29 PM

Lol now the bell doesn't show when I peek I just see it when i enter the hub

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 07:29 PM
    Has anyone managed to send a picture via whatsapp?

Posted via CB10
    I did it from the whatsapp inside the conversation, , but from the pictures when you press share there is no whatsapp option

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 07:33 PM
    Great first iteration. Would like to see true HUB integration and not just via the notification section. Keep it up Whatsapp. Now that it's here, we can expect lots of updates as whatsapp is great for that!
    03-13-13 07:36 PM
106 1234 ...