Would a "Texts" progress bar on the Overview screen make any difference if you have no formal quota? I mean, a progress bar is only relevant in the context of a quota. Currently you would have to head over to the "Texts" screen and glance at the graph.
    No, I try avoiding texts and if they come, infrequently, fine! But I do believe some users do have text limitations. Carriers are greedy!!!
    FireChestApps likes this.
    01-26-14 11:30 AM
    If there's an app that needs to be headless is this one...patienly waiting

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 06:47 PM
    Yeah my carrier here in Singapore only allows for 900 texts and MMS per month. Granted, I don't use texts and MMS as much now but I believe some people who still do would appreciate it if they could keep track of how many texts and MMS they have left for the month.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 07:26 PM
    Yeah my carrier here in Singapore only allows for 900 texts and MMS per month. Granted, I don't use texts and MMS as much now but I believe some people who still do would appreciate it if they could keep track of how many texts and MMS they have left for the month.

Posted via CB10
    Ok will be added.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 01:30 AM
    Does anyone know how to get Crackberry to do a review article for the app? Are their reviews paid reviews?
    Congratulations! Your wish came true at CB and Top BlackBerry News.
    GSM-S and FireChestApps like this.
    01-27-14 05:39 PM
    Congratulations! Your wish came true at CB and Top BlackBerry News.
    LOL!!! Was a nice surprise last night. Thanks!

And now the app is trending.

We are working hard (researching/coding/testing) everyday to make the app phenomenal. Lots of bugs found and they are being sorted out rapidly. Hopefully ready for another release next week.
    GSM-S and Akuji_ism like this.
    01-28-14 06:37 AM
    Can we please add a feature?
    -Ability to ping and test connection.

No need to create a fancy interface on it. Just a text and readable nunbers. Animation is not important.

Thanks for this app though... it's not just awesome, but more than that.
    Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 08:57 AM
    Can we please add a feature?
    -Ability to ping and test connection.

No need to create a fancy interface on it. Just a text and readable nunbers. Animation is not important.

Thanks for this app though... it's not just awesome, but more than that.
    Posted via CB10
    Will integrate the ability to Ping a connection. Won't make it into next weeks release though.
    eldricho likes this.
    01-28-14 01:38 PM
    hey FireChestDotCom.. any ETA on when the headless version will be released?

Thanks
    01-28-14 06:43 PM
    Will integrate the ability to Ping a connection. Won't make it into next weeks release though.
    Thanks... no need to rush. take your time.
    Having a feature like speedtest would so nice too.
    Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 08:21 PM
    The first version seems a little heavy on cpu usage as well. My battery life is way down (feels like half, but device monitor is reporting 9.2% of battery used by FireChest Usage.)

Is this something you are aware of and plan to improve? I think it would be very important for headless to use as little cpu as possible.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 09:07 PM
    hey FireChestDotCom.. any ETA on when the headless version will be released?

Thanks
    Coding for headless should be finished Sunday night (2nd Feb). Then:

1. Payment integration,
    2. Testing for several days,
    3. Apply for permission from BlackBerry to release app as a headless app.

Not sure how long it will take. Perhaps 10-14 days all up?

About to release another non-headless update to BB World in 1-2 days with bug fixes, enhancements, and user requests.
    GSM-S likes this.
    01-29-14 01:02 PM
    The first version seems a little heavy on cpu usage as well. My battery life is way down (feels like half, but device monitor is reporting 9.2% of battery used by FireChest Usage.)

Is this something you are aware of and plan to improve? I think it would be very important for headless to use as little cpu as possible.

Posted via CB10
    Yes there is a memory usage issue which probably puts extra pressure on the battery too. The next release (mentioned above) has some memory tweaks but it's the headless version that will fix this issue once and for all.
    01-29-14 01:05 PM
    I have every intention of buying this for two phones but it will end up depending on how much you are able to reduce the battery impact. Looking forward to the next release.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 03:44 PM
    I have every intention of buying this for two phones but it will end up depending on how much you are able to reduce the battery impact. Looking forward to the next release.
    Another data monitoring app I am using now is heavy on battery usage, too. It might be an inherent characteristic of such apps. Of course, the more power efficient they can be designed, the better.
    01-29-14 05:41 PM
    Is it possible to display not only contact name but the number also in Calls Log? Right now I see only 'Unknown' in it (see the screenshot). Also it would be nice to track not only outcoming calls and messages but incoming ones also.

Fire Chest Usage - Best calls, texts, data usage app-img_00000557.png
    01-30-14 02:51 AM
    Is it possible to display not only contact name but the number also in Calls Log? Right now I see only 'Unknown' in it (see the screenshot). Also it would be nice to track not only outcoming calls and messages but incoming ones also.
    The reason why you see "Unknown" is because BlackBerry (seemingly) forgot to allow programmers to build apps with the ability to read the phone number of a call that is made. So while the app knows that a call was made and at what time, it can't collect the actual phone number called. This contrasts with SMS where BlackBerry has allowed apps to read the number to which SMS are sent.

I have to think about how to elegantly integrate incoming calls for those users that want them.
    Akuji_ism likes this.
    01-30-14 04:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    Have added SMS and MMS quotas. They will each get their own progress bar in the Overview screen. They will integrate into the bar graph on the Texts screen too.

Have also made it such that only progress bars for quotas that have been set will appear in the Overview screen.

Can you tell me whether your carrier plan in Singapore has separate quotas for SMS and MMS or whether it's a combined quota? Thanks.
    01-30-14 04:15 AM
    It is a combined quota. A bundle of 900 sms/mms.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 05:48 AM
    Is there such a thing as a "Texts quota" in carrier plans anywhere and how does it work? I will Google it. It's not hard to add in a progress bar for "texts" if users want it. Was trying to keep the app simple, uncluttered, and for the masses.
    I have quota 3000 sms per month and 100 sms per day. For mms the same. Russia, beeline.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 08:38 AM
    And what do you think about rounding seconds to the minutes on finish call log ( for example 00:26 -> 01:00, 02:15 -> 03:00)?
    Operator do the same (=

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 11:06 PM
    I have a question. What notification do we receive when we are near the limit?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by GSM-S; 01-31-14 at 01:07 PM.
    01-31-14 12:14 AM
    The App is awesome !

But i have to stop using it !
    It is using over 500 mb of RAM and my Akku is missing around 30%.

Sorry

Waiting for Update
    01-31-14 12:33 AM
    Will the update resolve the ram issue even if not using headless function? I mean, with active frame open,the app will still behave like that ram-talking? Thx for making it clear ;-)

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 06:12 AM
    I found interesting bug

Fire Chest Usage - Best calls, texts, data usage app-img_20140201_000526.png
    Fire Chest Usage - Best calls, texts, data usage app-img_20140201_000532.png

Posted via CB10
    GSM-S and Akuji_ism like this.
    01-31-14 02:06 PM
187 12345 ...