Downloaded right away. That and fire chest back up.

Great work you guys.

I am semi new to BB, and to find a detailed native data app is awesome. Most of the junk in BlackBerry World costs way too much for way too little.

Sure I could get an android APK But why bother? The emulated android never syncs properly with BlackBerry OS anyways...

Great job, and I am glad I stumbled across your post in the "fixes we need" thread.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 02:25 AM
    Also, what do some CBers mean by "Headless"?

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 02:26 AM
    Nice...

Posted via Awesome Astro flying10.2.1.1925 on CB10. For a regular dose of Quotes, subscribe C001190A9 .
    01-26-14 02:40 AM
    Thanks. Yes we are passionate about native BlackBerry development.

Headless means the app can run in the background even after you close it's window. Currently the app needs to be open to monitor calls, texts, data usage.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 03:41 AM
    Cool, man! Coninue the great work!

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany
    01-26-14 03:47 AM
    Does anyone know how to get Crackberry to do a review article for the app? Are their reviews paid reviews?

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 03:58 AM
    Does anyone know how to get Crackberry to do a review article for the app? Are their reviews paid reviews?

Posted via CB10
    I'd ask Bla1ze... he might tell you how you can blog on the Homepage... Good luck! You deserve all attention! Thumbs up for the Apps!

01-26-14 05:38 AM
    So much yess in one app. Will glady pay for the premium. Kudos

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 05:47 AM
    There is an issue with BBM calls being counted towards talk time. We are already working on it and exploring the calls API.

As mentioned earlier, BlackBerry's calls API is a little restricted, unlike the texts API where you can actually read the phone number to which a text is sent. This is why the calls analysis section of the app is not as informative as the texts analysis section. It may end up being a case of "this is as good as it gets" for the moment. Hopefully BlackBerry continues to update their API in line with the other major platforms.
    01-26-14 06:47 AM
    What is this "26 days remaining"?

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    01-26-14 07:01 AM

I'm guessing you just installed the app today like I did. After looking around the settings, it seems that the default reset cycle falls on the 22nd every month. So 26 days remaining is how long it is until the next quota reset.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: of course everyone just installed this today.

Posted via CB10
    FireChestApps likes this.
    01-26-14 07:27 AM

Your data plan and amount of consumption... I think it has to do with that... or so??

01-26-14 07:36 AM

The first progress bar in the overview screen tells you how many days you have left in your carrier's monthly billing cycle. By default, after installation, the "Last day of monthly cycle" is set to "22nd" in the settings screen. You need to change it to your own. The reason for choosing this day is purely arbitrary (actually it's the last day of my own personal billing cycle).

You might ask why I didn't choose the 31st as the default day. The reason is that it might cause unnecessary confusion because not all months have a 31st. Were you to select the 31st, the app is actually smart enough to know that the cycle should end on the last day of each month regardless.
    01-26-14 08:12 AM
    T

01-26-14 08:31 AM
    Ignore earlier post "T", it's cuz of my effed up touch screen on BlackBerry z30, everything gets pressed automatically! >

01-26-14 08:33 AM
    There is an issue with BBM calls being counted towards talk time. We are already working on it and exploring the calls API.

As mentioned earlier, BlackBerry's calls API is a little restricted, unlike the texts API where you can actually read the phone number to which a text is sent. This is why the calls analysis section of the app is not as informative as the texts analysis section. It may end up being a case of "this is as good as it gets" for the moment. Hopefully BlackBerry continues to update their API in line with the other major platforms.
    I'm curious. Why doesn't the app have a bar in the overview that tells me about how much text messages I can send for the remainder of the month?
    01-26-14 08:36 AM

I'm curious. Why doesn't the app have a bar in the overview that tells me about how much text messages I can send for the remainder of the month?
    01-26-14 08:36 AM
    Is there such a thing as a "Texts quota" in carrier plans anywhere and how does it work? I will Google it. It's not hard to add in a progress bar for "texts" if users want it. Was trying to keep the app simple, uncluttered, and for the masses.
    01-26-14 08:53 AM
    Well, I have a ZERO "texts" quota. So I pay for each and everyone.
    01-26-14 09:01 AM
    Well, I have a ZERO "texts" quota. So I pay for each and everyone.
    Would a "Texts" progress bar on the Overview screen make any difference if you have no formal quota? I mean, a progress bar is only relevant in the context of a quota. Currently you would have to head over to the "Texts" screen and glance at the graph.
    01-26-14 09:14 AM
    Thank you for this great app. Can't wait to purchase the premium version when it comes out. Here are a couple of my feature suggestions.

- Is it possible to graph data usage by cellular, wifi, and data? Can be all on the same graph but each is color-coded. For example, I currently have 250mb used of which 16 is over cellular and 234 is over wifi so maybe the bar chart can show the 16 in red and the 234 in green in the same bar.
    - Would love to see data usage by day (even talk). I know you said usage by app will come when the API is released; is this a similar limitation?
    - You say that notifications will be sent at 80% usage and every 10% after that. Can you make this a user setting?
    - Can the data tracked at the bottom of the overview screen (data throughput speeds) be logged and made exportable? It would also be nice to include the mb volume. I found some interesting trends already and never would have thought that my LTE is faster than my wifi and this type of information would be useful.

Thanks for listening.
    Akuji_ism and FireChestApps like this.
    01-26-14 09:36 AM
    Thanks for the app!

I am however pretty sure it has a memory leak. I'm seeing a constant linear growth in memory usage as it runs.

Fire Chest Usage - Best calls, texts, data usage app-img_20140126_103816_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 09:40 AM
    does the app take wifi into account? like will it stop calculating how much data i use once i'm connected to wifi?
    01-26-14 09:46 AM
    Thanks for the app!

I am however pretty sure it has a memory leak. I'm seeing a constant linear growth in memory usage as it runs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140126_103816_edit.png 
Views:	1092 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	241853
    Posted via CB10
    Thanks ltlowe.

We have already pounced on this problem. Somebody pointed this out earlier today. Have also already added the issue to the website so people are aware.

Will try and get an update out later this week or early the next. We are currently deep in to headless territory which when complete automatically fixes the issue (headless apps have a fixed memory limit).
    smart548 likes this.
    01-26-14 09:58 AM
    Ignore earlier post "T", it's cuz of my effed up touch screen on BlackBerry z30, everything gets pressed automatically! >

I just have read "Thanks" ;-)

01-26-14 10:26 AM
187 1234 ...