App Name: Fire Chest Usage

Summary:

• Perhaps the most comprehensive calls, texts, and data usage app ever developed for BlackBerry 10.
    • Powerful yet intuitive UI.
    • Consumer-oriented.
    • Gets the job done.

Link to app: BlackBerry World - Fire Chest Usage

Link to website: Fire Chest Usage

Price: FREE! (Later freemium)

Eye candy:

Fire Chest Usage - Best calls, texts, data usage app-available_now_1.png

Fire Chest Usage - Best calls, texts, data usage app-available_now_2.png

Fire Chest Usage - Best calls, texts, data usage app-img_00000080.png

Message from developer:

Please report all issues to this thread or by sending us an email, preferably before you submit a feedback score in BlackBerry World. Bear in mind that this is the first public release and issues are bound to be discovered despite several weeks of in-house testing.

Headless function coming with a freemium update (along with some other refinements) in about 2 weeks. Only users on devices with 10.2.1+ will be able to take advantage of the paid upgrade to headless. Check the website to see what other premium features we plan to deploy - pending suitable expansion of BlackBerry’s public API.

As with most things in life you get what you pay for and we think this app is worth significantly more than 99 cents. While the premium upgrade will set you back several dollars, the freemium model does allow everyone to try the app to their satisfaction before purchase.

The other thing to bear in mind is that we remain focused on developing a suite of high quality apps that target multiple core deficiencies in the BlackBerry 10 ecosystem. ie. the apps everyone wants. Your decision to purchase the premium upgrade will snowball our momentum on every front.

Please use the contact form on our website to notify us of bugs, submit feature requests, and even send us messages of appreciation
    Last edited by FireChestDotCom; 01-24-14 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Grammar
    01-24-14 12:50 PM
    AMAZING yes
    FireChestApps likes this.
    01-24-14 03:29 PM
    Thanks, Fire Chest. So far it is a great app. I shall update this post when I used for over a week.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10.
    01-24-14 04:50 PM
    Thx for the app! Right now seems to work really fine! I WOULD like to keep counting also with frame closed but that will probably be an update(paid one: that I will buy I think). Seems that this dev made 2 out of 2! 2 apps; both of them amazing!

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 05:27 PM
    App is awesome
    Also liking the logo and the new logo that is shown in the OP for Firechest Backup

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 05:51 PM
    Is that the new fire chest backup app icon? It looks a lot better than the current one. Love how the shape looks a bit like BlackBerry Protect because that app is kinda like my BlackBerry Protect now. Like the red and silver color theme too

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 09:17 PM
    The Help mentions setting alerts but I can't find the option under Settings. It's for another version?
    01-24-14 09:41 PM
    The sections in the "Settings" screen called "Talk time", "Cellular data", and "Roaming data" contain the controls that let you define the quotas used by the "Alerts" section in the "Overview" screen.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 10:57 PM
    The sections in the "Settings" screen called "Talk time", "Cellular data", and "Roaming data" contain the controls that let you define the quotas used by the "Alerts" section in the "Overview" screen.Posted via CB10
    I see, the alerts refer to the setting of quotas in the Overview screen, not sound alerts or notifications in the Hub. Thanks for the info.
    01-24-14 11:31 PM
    Another excellent thought. Will make headless version report via the hub. Beautiful. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    smart548 likes this.
    01-25-14 12:33 AM
    I have used the app for 16 hours. So far it is good. There are only two things that to be sorted out. I noticed that the app uses a lot of ram. It keeps rising as hours pass by.
    Fire Chest Usage - Best calls, texts, data usage app-img_00001067.png
    Fire Chest Usage - Best calls, texts, data usage app-img_00001066.png
    As well, there should be an option to input the used talk time. That is all the things that need to be sorted that I have currently noticed until now.

01-25-14 09:12 AM
    I have used the app for 16 hours. So far it is good. There are only two things that to be sorted out. I noticed that the app uses a lot of ram. It keeps rising as hours pass by.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00001067.png 
Views:	1062 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	241603
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00001066.png 
Views:	1061 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	241604
    As well, there should be an option to input the used talk time. That is all the things that need to be sorted that I have currently noticed until now.

Thanks for the feedback.

With headless support the app has to operate within very limited ram, so it's already being re-engineered to achieve this. Talk time feature should be easy to implement.
    GSM-S likes this.
    01-25-14 09:32 AM
    I think you should release the headless version now for people with 10.2.1.xxxx already loaded on their devices.
    01-25-14 01:40 PM
    Thanks to Dev for releasing a very important business tool to the BlackBerry community (and for free). I predict this may soon be one if the apps with the highest download volume in BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    FireChestApps and GSM-S like this.
    01-25-14 01:46 PM
    A few questions about what happens to data continuity after a reboot? If one controls the reboot, should one backup and then restore? Or is that useless?

Will the headless version keep such data between reboots?
    01-25-14 03:38 PM
    I think you should release the headless version now for people with 10.2.1.xxxx already loaded on their devices.
    It needs polish. Also need to iron out the bugs - thats what the release of the free version will help with. If people are going to pay money for it, it had better be working properly beforehand.
    habs_fan likes this.
    01-25-14 03:48 PM
    A few questions about what happens to data continuity after a reboot? If one controls the reboot, should one backup and then restore? Or is that useless?

Will the headless version keep such data between reboots?
    All information is maintained by the app automatically between reboots. The backup and restore feature is for when you move data between wipes or handsets. Have you experienced issues upon reboot?
    01-25-14 03:52 PM
    does the app need to be open in an active frame in order to record data use, telephone calls etc. i hadnt had it opened and ive noticed nothing is recorded.
    01-25-14 03:55 PM
    does the app need to be open in an active frame in order to record data use, telephone calls etc. i hadnt had it opened and ive noticed nothing is recorded.
    Oops! Yes the free version is not headless.
    01-25-14 04:22 PM
    Love your app but quick question!

Do you plan on adding filters for our voice plans, like unlimited nights and weekends?

Posted from my Q10 with only 1GB of RAM
    01-25-14 04:23 PM
    How about those of us actually on the unlimited anytime minutes plans. Can your app be set to not track that at all. I am only interested in data, carrier data at that. My wifi is unlimited too.

Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of concern to you.
    01-25-14 05:18 PM
    Love your app but quick question!

Do you plan on adding filters for our voice plans, like unlimited nights and weekends?

Posted from my Q10 with only 1GB of RAM
    Have added this to the planned features/fixes listed on the website.
    Last edited by FireChestDotCom; 01-25-14 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Grammar
    01-25-14 06:21 PM
    How about those of us actually on the unlimited anytime minutes plans. Can your app be set to not track that at all. I am only interested in data, carrier data at that. My wifi is unlimited too.

Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of concern to you.
    Was thinking of putting a sectioning under settings in which you can select which modules you want to use (talk/text/data) and you would only see the tabs for the active modules. It can make things complicated so I am leaving this to the end until the fundamental features are sorted out.

Note that the active frame already knows if you're not interested in a particular modality and haven't set a quota for it.
    01-25-14 06:26 PM
    As soon as it's headless I'm the first to buy

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 07:11 PM
    Have updated the website with a new list of planned features.
    Last edited by FireChestDotCom; 01-25-14 at 07:44 PM.
    habs_fan and Akuji_ism like this.
    01-25-14 07:16 PM
187 123 ...