Is the memory problem solved?

I can't find anything about it.

Posted with my Z10 via CB10
    Absolutely! It was solved in the previous free version some months ago. Better still it's now headless! - it runs in the background even when you close the app.

We spent weeks delaying the release of the headless version to get everything just perfect.
    03-29-14 05:55 AM
    We are always playing around with interesting tech in our goal to do exciting things on BB10 that haven't been done before or perhaps haven't been done properly. Currently we are experimenting with some OCR modules we've brought over to BB10.

We are also looking at apps that make use of telemetry (communicate with devices in the environment) - seems to be getting popular on Android and iPhone.

I will start an R&D thread somewhere in the next few days where you guys can point us in the direction of interesting stuff being done in other ecosystems.

BB10 has so much untapped potential.
    smart548 and FF22 like this.
    03-29-14 06:29 AM
    Great app! I was waiting for the headless version for a long time. Good job.
    Please tell me how can I set the dark theme on the Z10?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    03-31-14 06:17 PM
    Great app! I was waiting for the headless version for a long time. Good job.
    Please tell me how can I set the dark theme on the Z10?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Last time I checked, the light/dark theme had to be selected prior to compiling the BAR file. Third-party apps can't include the option to select it post-compilation. If you know of any third-party apps that can do it let me know.
    03-31-14 09:24 PM
    Last time I checked, the light/dark theme had to be selected prior to compiling the BAR file. Third-party apps can't include the option to select it post-compilation. If you know of any third-party apps that can do it let me know.
    iGrann allows to select between light and dark theme in the app settings. But I don't know if that's what you mean.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 259925
    03-31-14 11:39 PM
    Watcher has the option to select light or dark theme

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Last edited by pystha; 04-01-14 at 01:49 AM. Reason: removed screenshots
    04-01-14 01:36 AM
    Watcher has the option to select light or dark theme

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Hmm...I will look into this.
    04-01-14 11:20 AM
    OK, i checked all the reviews on this relatively new app and similar ones. I decided to spend the $5 since it looks promising. I would really like to see the ability to identify what app is busy using my data. I checked two emails on the cellular network and was on wifi the rest of the time. Some how that used approximately 36 mb. No downloads or anything. Let's see if my investment will save money. I think it will.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 05:01 PM
    OK, i checked all the reviews on this relatively new app and similar ones. I decided to spend the $5 since it looks promising. I would really like to see the ability to identify what app is busy using my data. I checked two emails on the cellular network and was on wifi the rest of the time. Some how that used approximately 36 mb. No downloads or anything. Let's see if my investment will save money. I think it will.

Posted via CB10
    Some thoughts:

1. The paid version is a solid release. I use it myself.

2. The paid version isn't just "headless". It has hub alerts, budget aid, excluded numbers, and soon excluded evenings and weekends plus more (including breakdown by app when this is possible on BB 10). The free version has none of this and never will. And the competition is so far behind it's virtually non-existent.

3. The paid version is still cheaper than a strawberry sundae. And that's got to be a good thing.

4. There are so many bugs in the FREE version, it's embarrassing. Most bugs are small and are going unnoticed. Also too much confusion about whether it is headless or not - everybody has an opinion and the most disparaging of users haven't even read the app description properly. I am going to take it down Saturday and overhaul it. Will take a few days.

5. The thing I noticed about WiFi is that when you turn it on, the phone immediately starts using increased traffic (watch the live data traffic graph after connecting to WiFi) and check the data log after an hour of doing nothing with your phone. Are they apps checking for updates? No way to tell right now as the API doesn't support that level of analysis.

6. Planning to do some demo vids showing how the apps work so people know exactly what they are getting before they buy.

7. Working on more really cool stuff that you haven't seen on BlackBerry 10 yet. Very excited...
    kbz1960, UnlimitedEra and GSM-S like this.
    04-04-14 10:54 AM
    Hmm...I will look into this.
    Supertube and Fasttube have also the option to switch between bright and dark theme. I think the way how to code this option was discussed last year in the CB forum.

Posted via CB10
    FireChestApps likes this.
    04-06-14 05:58 AM
    I did purchase this app. It helped decide to keep my data off most of the day. I had it on for one hour and 89 mb vanished while checking email. No downloads or videos. Wild. Thank you for the app. I will add a comment on BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 06:57 AM
    I am having a hard time deciding to buy this app. I was an early user of the free version, and it is the best looking of all the usage trackers, but for me the biggest decision point is the battery impact of the headless module.

It's hard to commit without knowing how well it works and what kind if impact the different trackers have. I presume a time limited trial version is too difficult to implement....

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 10:51 AM
    Paid version works well for me
    Haven't notice any abnormal batter usage in headless mode.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 07:31 PM
    At first I noticed a bit of a reduction in battery life with the paid version.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10 app
    04-14-14 07:38 PM
    I got the pro version two days ago. So far it's good. I'll review once I used the app for at least a week.

Anyways, the pro version uses only about 1% per 12 hours. (in background mode. Checked in battery monitor.)

By the way, does anyone have a good alert tone? I want to differentiate Usage Pro's alerts from the default BlackBerry notification alert.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by GSM-S; 04-15-14 at 08:39 AM.
    04-15-14 02:21 AM
    We are working on battery optimisation for the headless module of Usage Pro.

Can everyone post (or email) the percentage battery usage from their 'Device monitor' app whilst only headless is running.

Thanks.
    04-15-14 02:27 AM
    During the night ( 6 hours) with no calls made and no bedside mode , the battery usage was 0,04%.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    04-15-14 03:53 AM
    Overnight (12 hours only headless) usage has been 0.9%.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 07:48 AM
    The app isn't counting my sms messages.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10 app
    04-24-14 10:28 AM
    I have noticed on certain days when I know I'm not on WiFi, that it barely records cellular data.
    Fire Chest Usage - Best calls, texts, data usage app-img_20140429_140937.png

"So we are never give up!" on my TKBerry Z10
    04-29-14 01:10 PM
    What about adding daily limit for sms/mms and others?For example, I have 500 min for month, 2.5 gb for month, 3600 sms for month (but only 120 per day), 3600 mms for month (same as sms).

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 01:44 PM
    What about adding daily limit for sms/mms and others?For example, I have 500 min for month, 2.5 gb for month, 3600 sms for month (but only 120 per day), 3600 mms for month (same as sms).

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, for letting us know what you need, we will see what we can do about it!
    crmabbitt likes this.
    05-06-14 05:11 PM
    My billing cycle has finally passed, and I'm quite pleased with the pro version of the app. I think it is the best way to track usage on BlackBerry 10 currently.

Anyways, after using the app for about a month, I noticed that hotspot data is not included in the usage.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 02:32 AM
    My billing cycle has finally passed, and I'm quite pleased with the pro version of the app. I think it is the best way to track usage on BlackBerry 10 currently.

Anyways, after using the app for about a month, I noticed that hotspot data is not included in the usage.

Posted via CB10
    Yes hotspot is included on Usage Pro. Are you using FireChest Usage?
    By the way, What does you mean when you say hotspot data. Is it cellular data used by the hotspot? Because cellular data is being counted. Perhaps you want hotspot data to be added to WiFi progress bar which is not what WiFi counter is to be used for?

Sent from my BlackBerry
    05-07-14 09:59 AM
    Yes hotspot is included on Usage Pro. Are you using FireChest Usage?
    By the way, What does you mean when you say hotspot data. Is it cellular data used by the hotspot? Because cellular data is being counted. Perhaps you want hotspot data to be added to WiFi progress bar which is not what WiFi counter is to be used for?

Sent from my BlackBerry
    I think what he means is that he'd like hotspot usage to be tracked separately. For example, I have unlimited data, but only 3.5 GB of hotspot data to share with my other devices. I don't need to measure regular data usage because it's unlimited, but I'd like to be able to measure how much hotspot data my tablet or my PS Vita is using when connected to my phone's mobile hotspot.
    05-07-14 07:37 PM
187 ... 5678