How goes the headless battle?

I've been running the active frame version from the beginning, and while it's resource impact is much better now, it still seems to eat through my battery.

Are you seeing better results with the headless module, or is it too early in development to know yet?

Posted via CB10
    I submitted a Vendor Support Ticket today to chase up on the progress of the application. The coding for headless is finished but can't even be tested without special keys from BlackBerry.
    02-20-14 08:34 PM
    Can you upload the Bar file of this app which support headless?
    02-20-14 08:45 PM
    Can this show shared minutes?
    02-26-14 07:45 AM
    Delete it completely and re-install. The underlying database has changed radically in the first few updates because of all the new core features being thrown in.
    I deleted it completely and re-installed it on the day you advised (2/17/2014). However, it was working quite a bit the first three days then stopped working anymore. Besides, the "View Log" of Data that worked for the first three days showed cellular data inaccurately, way lower than it would be (when compared to my carrier's app MY ACCOUNT). If this app no longer works, I am going to ditch it.
    02-26-14 12:14 PM
    Long running headless approved for BB 10.2.1.
    03-03-14 05:39 PM
    Have also added more requested features and weeded out more bugs.
    03-03-14 05:40 PM
    So we can expect an update in app world soon?

Posted from my Z30 via CB10.
    03-03-14 07:22 PM
    Awesome news!

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 07:59 PM
    Some bugs that I have noticed with Fire Chest Usage after using it for a month:

* When a new billing cycle begins, all data is transferred to the new month.

Here is a image of this issue. All the data that was supposed to be in February was transferred to March.

Fire Chest Usage - Best calls, texts, data usage app-img_20140304_030419.png

* In the settings, if you swipe back the new settings will not save. You have to press on the back button to save.

----
    Anyway, I'm liking fire chest usage so far. It is a good app and I can't wait for the headless version. By the way, when will the SD card update to fire chest backup be released?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 02:10 AM
    My app still doesn't track right. It misses some data, call and texts. Also when I try to make up for it and go to Add it doesn't add up even if I restart the app.
    03-04-14 03:52 PM
    I think I have found a bug.

When a new cycle begins, the "Overview" tab, doesn't consider the first day towards our monthly quota (at least in the "Cellular data" field).

This can be verified in the "Data" tab, under "Analysis" and in the "View logs" section, where the cellular data consumption shows correctly (considering the first day of the cycle).

Screen captures:

Fire Chest Usage - Best calls, texts, data usage app-img_20140304_160805.png
    Fire Chest Usage - Best calls, texts, data usage app-img_20140304_160816.png
    Fire Chest Usage - Best calls, texts, data usage app-img_20140304_160830.png

Thanks for a great App and keep up the great work!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 04:10 PM
    Almost halfway in March: any update with the headless version? Why's it taking BBW so long to approve?
    03-10-14 03:52 PM
    Any news yet?
    03-22-14 12:50 PM
    Any news yet?
    Uploading tonight :-D

It is a completely new version, fully headless and with some new features like excluded numbers and a budget aid. I have been bug fixing for several weeks. Some people from BlackBerry also offered to help which was a nice gesture.

Should be available in 24-48 hours in BB World.

Will continue to gently add feature requests after the release.

PS. Fire Chest Backup PRO arrived in BB World about 10 days ago. If you are looking for a seriously polished backup app or just want to support our development efforts then go ahead and buy it!
    03-26-14 11:56 PM
    Which features will be free and which paid? ;-)

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 05:11 AM
    Which features will be free and which paid? ;-)
    Posted via CB10
    Just uploaded it to BB World. Now waiting for approval.

It is an independent paid app called Fire Chest 'Usage Pro'. It requires a minimum of BB 10.2.1. It was far easier to write a stand alone app with everything rather than trying to implement an additional complicated internal paid upgrade.

The following are new:

- Headless function (now at the core of the app)
    - Hub alerts
    - Excluded numbers feature (as requested by users)
    - Budget aid graph
    - And a zillion tiny bug fixes

Next on the cards is a 'free evenings and weekends' feature.

There is also still the problem of BB not allowing apps to identify the phone number dialled. We are chasing this up.
    03-27-14 09:59 AM
    I think I have found a bug.

When a new cycle begins, the "Overview" tab, doesn't consider the first day towards our monthly quota (at least in the "Cellular data" field).

This can be verified in the "Data" tab, under "Analysis" and in the "View logs" section, where the cellular data consumption shows correctly (considering the first day of the cycle).

Screen captures:

Thanks for a great App and keep up the great work!

Posted via CB10
    Yes it is. Found it too. It's fixed in upcoming paid version.
    03-27-14 10:01 AM
    For display purposes. Should be available in BB World in a day or two.

Fire Chest Usage - Best calls, texts, data usage app-ad.png
    03-27-14 10:07 AM
    Usage Pro now live in BlackBerry World.

Click here to go to the app
    03-27-14 11:53 PM
    Usage Pro now live in BlackBerry World.

Click here to go to the app
    Ah kind of pricy for me atm

Are you planning to run a discount any time soon? Like 50% (75% would be OK too :P) for the first customers or something?

Thanks!
    GSM-S likes this.
    03-28-14 04:33 AM
    Ah kind of pricy for me atm

Are you planning to run a discount any time soon? Like 50% (75% would be OK too :P) for the first customers or something?

Thanks!
    But think of the money your are now going to save

Usage Pro is now fully headless, ultra stable, very responsive, and even features a budget aid where you can budget your usage through the month. Not to mention it's beautiful to look at.

But seriously, of course we will consider a discount period but now is not the time. The price reflects our efforts/skill/dedication, the app feature set, the build quality, and our supreme confidence that you will be pleased with your investment. Your patronage will also carry over into more decent apps for BB10.
    Ben1232 likes this.
    03-28-14 05:10 AM
    I've been waiting for this app to go headless !

I stopped using the free version because I needed headless. It's well worth the fee and is a well built app.

Now to use more of my allowance so I can see that nice colourful UI.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10 app
    FireChestApps likes this.
    03-28-14 05:38 AM
    So are you saying that the headless version is a Pro-only feature?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 05:24 PM
    Yes. Rather than tacking it on to the initial version as a paid internal upgrade, which is a complicated move that increases the risk of malfunction and increases the delay for headless, we have created a pro version instead.

Either way the headless would have been a paid feature. Also most people reported that non-headless was unacceptable because of accidental app closure and increased battery drainage.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 12:02 AM
    Is the memory problem solved?

I can't find anything about it.

Posted with my Z10 via CB10
    03-29-14 05:21 AM
187 ... 45678