Find out why people have depended on FeedMinder (and the free version "RSS Savvy") to read their News over 2 million times!

FeedMinder is an easy way to pull all your Twitter and RSS feeds together in one place like the Social Feeds app on BBOS. You do not need to understand anything about RSS to use it.

You can also use FeedMinder to simultaneously post to multiple networks. FeedMinder includes a headless service, and has optional Hub notifications, off-line reading and a Reader Mode for dealing with mobile-unfriendly web sites.

Other features include:
    - Rich, snappy, native UI combines Photos, Tweets, RSS and Atom articles.
    - Without leaving the app, expand articles in place, drill-down on Tweets, follow users, view hashtag searches.
    - "Reader Mode" strips adverts and pop-ups, and makes easy reading.
    - Type once and post simultaneously to Facebook, Twitter and BBM.
    - Organize your Twitter and RSS feeds together across any number of configurable tabs to group information in a way that makes sense to you, regardless of source.
    - Hub Notifications, Polling, Active Frames, Priority Hub.
    - Configure rules to only be notified of specific topics, friends or feeds so notifications don't become a nuisance.
    - Mark-read support, unread counts, mark-tab-read.
    - Choose a light or dark theme.
    - Search bar filters feeds as fast as you can type.
    - Tweet, Retweet, Reply.
    - Swipe down to refresh all, or pull-to-refresh just the active tab.
    - Full article viewing in app - no more hopping in and out of the browser as with other apps.
    - Share your favorite articles on Facebook, Twitter, Email, BBM and others.
    - Add RSS and Atom feeds directly from the browser (long press URLs anywhere on the device and share them to FeedMinder)
    - Choose from our extensive live Catalog of feeds.
    - Enter a web page and we'll scan it for feeds for you.
    - Or, perhaps you'll be happy with the default set of subscriptions that cover World News, Sport, Technology, Entertainment, Business and more...
    - Import OPML from Feedly, Google Reader etc.
    - Import/export (back-up/restore/share) subscriptions, settings, preferences.
    - Native, fluid, not an Android port.

Available here:
    FeedMinder - BlackBerry World

Find out why people have depended on FeedMinder to read their News over 2 million times!-combined_smaller.pngFind out why people have depended on FeedMinder to read their News over 2 million times!-combined2_smaller.pngFind out why people have depended on FeedMinder to read their News over 2 million times!-feedminder-post-multiple_small.jpg
    Last edited by acundill; 07-07-14 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Find out why people have depended on FeedMinder to read their News over 2 million times!
    ronfc likes this.
    07-07-14 07:25 AM
    This sounds like a real time saver once you get the hang of it! I might check this out today!
    07-07-14 07:38 AM
    I do use the free RSS. Keeps me up to what is going on in today's world. I recommend it.

BlackBerry10IsSoSuperCaliFragilisticExpialiDocious
    07-07-14 08:34 AM
    Just bought it. Seems to work well. I don't see a hub integration icon. Just notification in the hub. Is full integration in the hub coming?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 10:11 AM
    Just bought it. Seems to work well. I don't see a hub integration icon. Just notification in the hub. Is full integration in the hub coming?

Posted via CB10
    I used the Notifications category in Hub as I chose not to inject individual messages into Hub (for fear of a fire-hose of feeds swamping the Hub - some users subscribe to 50+ feeds and thus get thousands of articles a day). So Hub integration was intended to notify you of when something important to you comes in, at which point clicking the notification opens the app. The app is better suited to browsing "feeds", leaving hub for "messages". Well that was the idea anyway!

However, I have wondered about having a dedicated icon/category/account in Hub (like WhatsApp for example). I do have signing permissions to do that in future if it that becomes a popular request.

Thanks for supporting the app
    07-07-14 10:49 AM
    I used the Notifications category in Hub as I chose not to inject individual messages into Hub (for fear of a fire-hose of feeds swamping the Hub - some users subscribe to 50+ feeds and thus get thousands of articles a day). So Hub integration was intended to notify you of when something important to you comes in, at which point clicking the notification opens the app. The app is better suited to browsing "feeds", leaving hub for "messages". Well that was the idea anyway!

However, I have wondered about having a dedicated icon/category/account in Hub (like WhatsApp for example). I do have signing permissions to do that in future if it that becomes a popular request.

Thanks for supporting the app
    Would love to have a dedicated icon in the hub to browse even the summary of the feeds as right now in the notification section. Keeping everything in the hub would make this perfect

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 10:58 AM
    Find out why people have depended on FeedMinder (and the free version "RSS Savvy") to read their News over 2 million times!

FeedMinder is an easy way to pull all your Twitter and RSS feeds together in one place like the Social Feeds app on BBOS. You do not need to understand anything about RSS to use it.

You can also use FeedMinder to simultaneously post to multiple networks. FeedMinder includes a headless service, and has optional Hub notifications, off-line reading and a Reader Mode for dealing with mobile-unfriendly web sites.

Other features include:
    - Rich, snappy, native UI combines Photos, Tweets, RSS and Atom articles.
    - Without leaving the app, expand articles in place, drill-down on Tweets, follow users, view hashtag searches.
    - "Reader Mode" strips adverts and pop-ups, and makes easy reading.
    - Type once and post simultaneously to Facebook, Twitter and BBM.
    - Organize your Twitter and RSS feeds together across any number of configurable tabs to group information in a way that makes sense to you, regardless of source.
    - Hub Notifications, Polling, Active Frames, Priority Hub.
    - Configure rules to only be notified of specific topics, friends or feeds so notifications don't become a nuisance.
    - Mark-read support, unread counts, mark-tab-read.
    - Choose a light or dark theme.
    - Search bar filters feeds as fast as you can type.
    - Tweet, Retweet, Reply.
    - Swipe down to refresh all, or pull-to-refresh just the active tab.
    - Full article viewing in app - no more hopping in and out of the browser as with other apps.
    - Share your favorite articles on Facebook, Twitter, Email, BBM and others.
    - Add RSS and Atom feeds directly from the browser (long press URLs anywhere on the device and share them to FeedMinder)
    - Choose from our extensive live Catalog of feeds.
    - Enter a web page and we'll scan it for feeds for you.
    - Or, perhaps you'll be happy with the default set of subscriptions that cover World News, Sport, Technology, Entertainment, Business and more...
    - Import OPML from Feedly, Google Reader etc.
    - Import/export (back-up/restore/share) subscriptions, settings, preferences.
    - Native, fluid, not an Android port.

Available here:
    FeedMinder - BlackBerry World

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	combined_smaller.png 
Views:	1023 
Size:	494.2 KB 
ID:	283532Click image for larger version. 

Name:	combined2_smaller.png 
Views:	1021 
Size:	469.4 KB 
ID:	283533Click image for larger version. 

Name:	feedminder-post-to-multiple_small.jpg 
Views:	1018 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	283534
    I second that! One brilliant app!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 11:20 AM
    I am one of the users of this app.

It is indeed a good app and developer seems to nice. I strongly recommend to buy this.

as a feature request, I want to see more in this app,

- filter unread posts
    - text in justify mode instead of left intent
    - 10.3 UI change
    - bottom bar hides when scrolling
    - multiple share options based on user choice.
    - quick load time
    - replace browser with a new UI that shows the content in a uniform UI independent of the source

Also, I want to see more native apps from you. Please tell us what next you will be making.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 12:00 PM
    I highly recommend this app, I bought FeedMinder it's the best RSS feed and twitter client rolled up in one. Also a great way to post status updates to multiple social media.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 12:01 PM
    Good luck with the app. It would seem you already have some admirers.
    07-07-14 01:00 PM
    What is the priority hub? I can't figure out how to make something a priority so only those can be seen in the priority hub

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 10:23 PM
    What is the priority hub? I can't figure out how to make something a priority so only those can be seen in the priority hub

Posted via CB10
    The "Priority Hub" tab appears once you have specified any notification rules. (Swipe down from the top, select Settings, then Notifications). Anything you have asked to be notified of then appears in that "Priority Hub" tab. Priority articles also have a small red triangle drawn in the corner.

The idea was that I needed a way for users to easily find the articles about which they had just been notified of - so they can click the notification in Hub, then the app launches bringing them straight to the relevant articles without them having to go searching for them.
    07-08-14 09:10 AM
    Hmm. Not sure if it's working for me. I have World News as a notifications. But when I go to the app after being notified. I am seeing the priority list empty

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 10:44 AM
    Hmm. Not sure if it's working for me. I have World News as a notifications. But when I go to the app after being notified. I am seeing the priority list empty

Posted via CB10
    Yes that's as designed sorry - let me explain... In the case where you choose to be notified for an entire tab/category, I don't dump everything from that tab into the Priority Hub tab. The Priority Hub tab is intended for when you want to be notified of new items from a specific RSS feed, Twitter User or Keyword - something specific that could be burried amongst your feeds. If you create a "Tab" rule (to be notified of anything new in a tab), then you would simply go to that tab (as the app automatically does when you launch FeedMinder from that notification).

I now realize that in your case however, if you do have just tab/category rule(s), the Priority Hub will still appear (because you have defined one or more rules), but because that is the only rule you have - the Priority Hub tab is thus empty. I'll add checking for that to the next version.

Hope that made sense!
    07-08-14 02:57 PM
    Yes that's as designed sorry - let me explain... In the case where you choose to be notified for an entire tab/category, I don't dump everything from that tab into the Priority Hub tab. The Priority Hub tab is intended for when you want to be notified of new items from a specific RSS feed, Twitter User or Keyword - something specific that could be burried amongst your feeds. If you create a "Tab" rule (to be notified of anything new in a tab), then you would simply go to that tab (as the app automatically does when you launch FeedMinder from that notification).

I now realize that in your case however, if you do have just tab/category rule(s), the Priority Hub will still appear (because you have defined one or more rules), but because that is the only rule you have - the Priority Hub tab is thus empty. I'll add checking for that to the next version.

Hope that made sense!
    Understood

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 04:42 PM
    Anyway to sync between multiple bb10 devices. I wouldn't want to duplicate the effort of adding custom rss on every device

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 06:45 PM
    Anyway to sync between multiple bb10 devices. I wouldn't want to duplicate the effort of adding custom rss on every device

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    FeedMinder does not support auto-syncing between multiple devices - you can import/export all your tabs and subscriptions to back-up, share with friends, change device etc, but there is no sync feature at this time.
    07-24-14 09:05 AM
    FeedMinder does not support auto-syncing between multiple devices - you can import/export all your tabs and subscriptions to back-up, share with friends, change device etc, but there is no sync feature at this time.
    Thanks. Export will work. Will you be integrating the hub feature with icon?

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 09:39 AM
    Thanks. Export will work. Will you be integrating the hub feature with icon?

Posted via CB10
    Any update on this. Would love to have the priority list integrated in the hub rather than open the app to see them

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 10:17 AM
    I'm a user if the free version for months now, it's one of my most used apps. Might actually be my most used app next to BBM. I love how it is like Social Feeds from BBOS.

I finally bought the full version due to the info in this thread, thanks!

Posted via CB10
    ameetmedi likes this.
    07-31-14 11:08 AM
    How much feed history is retained? And is it possible to purge the feed cache?

EDIT (14AUG) - Disregard both questions. I found the answer in another thread http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=10339874
    Last edited by underway99; 08-14-14 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Found my answer
    08-13-14 11:31 PM
    Very important question!

I'm considering moving to the Priv, will you be making an android app for Feedminder? Is there a way to 'restore' my feeds on an android alternative? I use this app all day long every day so this is a huge concern I have.

Pat

patmur2010 via BlackBerry Passport
    11-07-15 12:21 PM