I hate to say it, but I've already ditched a few BB10 apps now that it's so easy to install android apps, even though the native interface is arguably better. SoundHound wasn't working, so I installed Shazam, and it kills SoundHound. I've installed several android games, and having the ability to do this so easily is looking kind of dangerous for native app development, like other people have mentioned in these forums. I hope this doesn't become a problem.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 12:58 AM
    Hi. I guess it will become a problem for native BB developers if a lot of people follow your lead. However, your phone, so you must decide which apps run better and which suit you.
    11-22-13 05:13 AM
    Yeah, I do prefer native, but my Shazam scenario worked out in a pinch, and I can imagine there are a lot of people who just loaded up their phones with all the apps they've been wanting since the Z came out.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 07:50 AM
    well, soundHound works fine for me...
    it didn't want to work on edge (it might be that there was a connection issue), but was perfectly fine on wifi :/
    11-22-13 07:56 AM
    I'm not big into apps but just a thought, why doesn't BB approach the android app developers and have them put their android apps straight into BB World. Now that we able to load android apps, why not just cut out the middle man. I understand the position BB is in, but what's the point of hiding it. Just show the difference between built for BB apps, as they currently do in BB World.
    11-22-13 08:19 AM
    Well let's just say bbry has been on a downward spiral before the ability to load apk files so I don't think this is going to to make things any worse.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 08:26 AM