I'm not sure if BlackBerry programmers use Facebook, but if they do they must realize their app is just unacceptable. It decides it can't load things all the time and looks like it's three years old. What's really upsetting is using the browser version is far better. It works better, has more features and looks sharper.

Today I put FB by BlackBerry in a folder. I'll be using a web shortcut from now on.

This is the most important app on the phone. Period. Fix it already!

Posted via CB10
    bloodypatronus and FrankIAm like this.
    11-30-14 11:45 PM
    I agree with it sucking, but disagree with it being the most important app.
    11-30-14 11:50 PM
    What he said ^^

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-01-14 12:27 AM
    Hmm. Yeah its subpar compared to its Android and iOS counterparts.

But I tried the browser. I find the browser much worse. The width doesn't even scale correctly to my Z10 Screen.

You can load the Android version. Runs a bit sluggishly for me though on a Z10.

Z10STL100-4/10.3.1.1151
    Rana_Tauqeer likes this.
    12-01-14 12:39 AM
    Yeah, get the android app, it runs kinda bad when you open it at the beginning but It gets better later on.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 01:02 AM
    I was just talking to my brother about this. Every time I update my BB10 facebook app, it literally gets worse. This last update stopped hub notifications? I just don't get it. I've tried everything to fix it with no luck. I'm thinking of downloading it from Snap. I realize I won't get hub notifications, but at least there is good chance the experience will be better.

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    12-01-14 01:22 AM
    I am unable to open Facebook app provided by BlackBerry..!! Its pathetic..!!

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    12-01-14 03:06 AM
    I agree to south lander, neither do Facebook app for BlackBerry works well nor fb the browser... BlackBerry developers should upgrade it in comparison with android and ios apps for Facebook. For now it's definitely getting worse, even with recent Facebook app updates, on BlackBerry!

Posted on CB via Z10 STL100-2
    12-01-14 03:16 AM
    I hope Nemory Studios will also make a Facebook client app. He's amazing btw with twittly and snap10

The BlackBerry Z10
    12-01-14 03:56 AM
    I agree but I believe Facebook doesn't support BlackBerry very much so they are very limited to what they can do

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 04:11 AM
    It's enough for me as it's not the most important app for me.. but I can't disagree on the fact that the app is missing heaps of features and not working quite well most of the time
    12-01-14 04:28 AM
    Why do thread like this exist?!

Sentt frrom myy BlaackBerrryy Q10 on Globe-Telecom | OS 10.3.1.1151 via SIC Wipe n Load
    12-01-14 04:30 AM
    I actually find the app quite decent. I don't use my phone to browse through FB ever so I don't mind that. The only thing I need that FB app to do is to get notifications and message which it works just fine.

Nemory did a good job with the messenger app but he seems to abandon it because of those security reasons so it wont function headlessly but that app can act as a decent FB browser.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 05:55 AM
    One small correction....Facebook app BY Facebook. Have complaints? Send 'em straight there.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 06:11 AM
    One small correction....Facebook app BY Facebook. Have complaints? Send 'em straight there.

Posted via CB10
    A small correction, Facebook app BY BlackBerry.

Finally gave up on Facebook by BlackBerry-img_20141201_203239.png

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.1151
    ubizmo, jope28 and SnoozerBold like this.
    12-01-14 07:33 AM
    I have an iPhone and I use the mobile version rather than the app. Reason is I found the app wasn't battery friendly in the older versions and the new versions don't have messenger built in. I don't constantly spend the whole day looking at the postings of perfect people showing off their perfect lives so the browser version works fine for me.

Try it out: https://m.facebook.com/
    12-01-14 07:48 AM
    I don't know what problems people are having with Facebook for BlackBerry. I love it. The only downsides that I can think of are photos in comments don't show up and you can?t post photos in comments. But that doesn't bother me. I like that you don't have to use separate Messenger app like you do with ios and Android.

Posted via CB10
    vitekkfm and der_mit like this.
    12-01-14 08:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    If it was made by facebook, it wouldn't suck.
    12-01-14 08:37 AM
    How do I get back my most recent or online contacts in chat? All I see now is old useless (unleavable and deletable) group chats.

I just want it to auto show online persons like on other apps and desktop

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 08:50 AM
    This is the most important app on the phone. Period. Fix it already!

Posted via CB10
    Most important app? Um, for you maybe. I could care less what happens on Facebook, let alone when an app update is coming. Nonetheless, I agree though that if performance sub par, the app should be updated.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 09:26 AM
    . What's really upsetting is using the browser version is far better. It works better, has more features and looks sharper.

Today I put FB by BlackBerry in a folder. I'll be using a web shortcut from now on.

Posted via CB10
    I've been doing this since forever for the same reasons. I go through phases of having the actual app so I have the luxury of notifications, and phases where I just delete it for a while, and live in false hope that it will be on par with the browser version by the time I next download it - I am repeatedly disappointed, each and every time.

It's a phone, I'm not "running it" or "rocking it" I just use it. Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3062
    12-01-14 09:38 AM
    I deleted it a few months ago. Not just because the app was sluggish and buggy but because Facebook is a mess these days. Too much advertising and way too many inane notifications. So I got rid of the app and now I just log into the browser version once or twice a week and check my updates when I feel like it.
    12-01-14 09:51 AM
    I gaved up on the FB app by BlackBerry- and the android version is very sluggish on BB10 devices. The best FB experience on BB10 is the Browser. No issues, I see all post, all features are available. I leave the app on the device for the Hub Notification that's it.
    MLDodier likes this.
    12-01-14 10:12 AM
    Looks like BlackBerry is slowly fading away from their own apps also. Yes we get updates from time to time but to fix bugs from the previous build. I've been waiting for any updates to BlackBerry Express but it's been on beta for months now.
    I think Chen is steering the company away from social apps used by the general consumer (LinkedIn, four square, twitter, Facebook). I have not received any significant updates in a while. I understand the push towards enterprise but throw a dog a bone with some good updates with great hub integration.
    Also, why aren't all BlackBerry built apps bb10 verified with the "build for BlackBerry" stamp of approval?

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 11:01 AM
    Looks like BlackBerry is slowly fading away from their own apps also. Yes we get updates from time to time but to fix bugs from the previous build. I've been waiting for any updates to BlackBerry Express but it's been on beta for months now.
    I think Chen is steering the company away from social apps used by the general consumer (LinkedIn, four square, twitter, Facebook). I have not received any significant updates in a while. I understand the push towards enterprise but throw a dog a bone with some good updates with great hub integration.
    Also, why aren't all BlackBerry built apps bb10 verified with the "build for BlackBerry" stamp of approval?

Posted via CB10
    That's just it, they try to fix bugs but never add any of the important functionality which the users are crying out for!

The people behind this app are chumps.

It's a phone, I'm not "running it" or "rocking it" I just use it. Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3062
    12-01-14 11:19 AM
56 123