When I first got my Z10 in February, Files & Folders was available for me in Blackberry World.

Recently, I tried the leaked 10.1 OS to see what new features it had and played around with it for a day. When I reloaded the 10.0 with Blackberry Link, and restored my backup, I soon realized that there was an issue with Files & Folder when trying to access Skydrive.

Here is a picture of what my screen showed when I tried to go to the Skydrive:

Files & Folders by Innovatology no longer available for BB Z10?-img_00000043.jpg

Files & Folders by Innovatology no longer available for BB Z10?-img_00000045.jpg

So a few questions:

1. Does anyone know why this is happening?

2. Why is Files & Folders no longer available in BB World? ( I was trying to see if I deleted the app and reinstall, but can't find it in BB World)

3. Does anyone know if this will no longer be available for OS 10?

I've sent an email to the developer and have not receive a reply at this time.

I love this app and hope it's just an oversight or there is an updated version coming soon!!

PS. Access to other cloud services work perfectly.

Cheers!
    05-03-13 11:10 AM
    They pulled it from the store temporarily because of problems on BlackBerry's side.

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    Last edited by SebastianNap; 05-07-13 at 03:19 PM.
    05-03-13 12:20 PM
    You may try playCloud and see if it fits with your needs. It is a high quality app and there's a free version to test : https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/136397
    05-03-13 01:05 PM
    They pulled it from the store temporarily because of security concerns on BlackBerry's side.
    We most certainly did not. Security had nothing to do with it. We temporarily removed it from BlackBerry world because of bugs in the BB10 installation procedures that were causing many of our users a lot of grief. In the meantime, we have worked with RIM to find and solve these issues. A new version of Files & Folders for BB10 is currently pending approval by the BlackBerry World team.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    05-07-13 02:05 PM
    Hi Pepe,

1. Does anyone know why this is happening?
    Try going into Settngs > SkyDrive, then tap on Forget. Return to the home screen, tap Goto, then tap SkyDrive. You should get a new access token.

2. Why is Files & Folders no longer available in BB World?
    3. Does anyone know if this will no longer be available for OS 10?
    We removed it temporarily due to bugs in BB10 that would in many cases prevent the app from starting, either right after download or even after a few days. The experience for our users did not meet our own high quality standards, so we decided to save our users the frustration and removed it from BBW, even if it meant reduced sales for a couple of months. Meanwhile, we assisted BlackBerry in isolating and fixing many of the BB10 bugs.

A new version of Files & Folders for BB10 is in the BlackBerry World queue. You can find the release notes on our Facebook page. It should be available for download within a few days.

I love this app and hope it's just an oversight or there is an updated version coming soon!!
    PS. Access to other cloud services work perfectly.
    We're glad you like it, and hope you'll enjoy the new features and improvements!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-07-13 02:17 PM
    Hi Pepe,

Try going into Settngs > SkyDrive, then tap on Forget. Return to the home screen, tap Goto, then tap SkyDrive. You should get a new access token.

We removed it temporarily due to bugs in BB10 that would in many cases prevent the app from starting, either right after download or even after a few days. The experience for our users did not meet our own high quality standards, so we decided to save our users the frustration and removed it from BBW, even if it meant reduced sales for a couple of months. Meanwhile, we assisted BlackBerry in isolating and fixing many of the BB10 bugs.

A new version of Files & Folders for BB10 is in the BlackBerry World queue. You can find the release notes on our Facebook page. It should be available for download within a few days.

We're glad you like it, and hope you'll enjoy the new features and improvements!
    Thank for replying to my post and look forward to the new version!

Great job!!!

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 02:57 PM
    Hi Pepe,

Actually,

It's not working. Here is a screen shot of the settings. Can not do anything.

Help?
    Files & Folders by Innovatology no longer available for BB Z10?-img_00000046.png

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 03:01 PM
    Actually,
    It's not working. Here is a screen shot of the settings. Can not do anything.
    That's a bug in the settings screen layout of that version. Exit and re-start the app, that usually fixes it.
    05-07-13 06:17 PM
    Just to clarify, if you buy it on the Z10, I won't have to pay for the PlayBook version?

05-07-13 08:16 PM
    That's a bug in the settings screen layout of that version. Exit and re-start the app, that usually fixes it.
    This is the issue I've had all along. Even restarting the app or the device as well, no love!

Now I realized that you have to reset as soon as you restart the app, not after selecting SkyDrive then settings.

Thanks for the support!!!

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 08:30 PM
    That explains why I can't access skydive on playbook version either

Posted via CB10 with the Dev Alpha C
    05-07-13 08:32 PM
    Just to clarify, if you buy it on the Z10, I won't have to pay for the PlayBook version?

That's correct. I bought it for the PlayBook and it was available to for me on the Z10. That's what I call a great developer vendor. I don't have to pay for it twice!! :-)

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 08:32 PM
    That's correct. I bought it for the PlayBook and it was available to for me on the Z10. That's what I call a great developer vendor. I don't have to pay for it twice!! :-)

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    What about if I purchase it on the Z10?

05-07-13 08:54 PM
    What about if I purchase it on the Z10?

I would expect it works both ways.

Cheers !

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 09:38 PM
    I would expect it works both ways.

Cheers !

Posted via CB10
    I have it purchased on the PlayBook but it doesn't show as an available app on my Z10. Do I have to wait till its available again?

05-07-13 10:18 PM
    I have it purchased on the PlayBook but it doesn't show as an available app on my Z10. Do I have to wait till its available again?

If you read the whole thread, you will see that it was pulled from BlackBerry World at the developers request as there was some bugs. It will be coming back shortly with an updated version with bug fixe and other updates, Innovatology (the Developer) mentions this in the above post.

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 10:36 PM
    The PlayBook and BB10 versions of this Files & Folders are two separate products (contrary to what is claimed above). There are two reasons for this:

1. BlackBerry World has a bug that causes trouble when publishing apps for PlayBook and BB10 as one single product;
    2. the BB10 version has been completely redesigned, re-engineered and optimized for the phone form-factor, and is the result of months of hard work. Developers can always charge for updates, and though we haven't done so in the past we feel it is fair in this case.

To ease the pain a little for our existing users, we'll be continuing our introductory promo for the BB10 version.
    05-08-13 06:17 PM
    The PlayBook and BB10 versions of this Files & Folders are two separate products (contrary to what is claimed above). There are two reasons for this:

1. BlackBerry World has a bug that causes trouble when publishing apps for PlayBook and BB10 as one single product;
    2. the BB10 version has been completely redesigned, re-engineered and optimized for the phone form-factor, and is the result of months of hard work. Developers can always charge for updates, and though we haven't done so in the past we feel it is fair in this case.

To ease the pain a little for our existing users, we'll be continuing our introductory promo for the BB10 version.
    Yes, I too am getting weird errors when submitting a new Android Bar for updates. On one of my apps I submitted two separate bars for playbook and BB10 so I can get two different ID names. Bad idea. Use the same bar and make it lowest OS 2.1 and select all the BB10 devices. I think this only applies to Android apps as the Android Runtime is on all devices.

Annoying little bug...
    05-08-13 07:11 PM

Well I seem to have since I got my Z10. I don't recall having paid for it twice!

So for now I have it. When the update comes, I guess I'll find out.

Sorry to have misinformed the above poster!!

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 09:44 PM
    Files & Folders v6.3 for BB10 is now available! Release notes here:
    https://www.facebook.com/FilesFolders
    05-16-13 04:15 AM
    Files & Folders v6.3 for BB10 is now available! Release notes here:
    https://www.facebook.com/FilesFolders
    Dear Innovatology

I would like if you're still working with BlackBerry with your Files & Folders app.

I wrote to you via your email address, given from your website page on the 7th Dec 2014, but I haven't heard any reply from you.

This is the page of my email that I sent to you.
    "I have just installed your application Files & Folders and I am having trouble finding my SD Card.

Files & Folders by Innovatology no longer available for BB Z10?-img_20141207_145219.png

The device I have installed your application on, is my Z10 100-STL2*

Files & Folders by Innovatology no longer available for BB Z10?-img_20141207_145221.png

I have already installed it on my PlayBook for some time now and I am able to find my phone from my PlayBook but so far, not the other way around.

There is also no Bluetooth facilities as featured in the phone app, which is very surprising as your statement on your application installer states this is something which should be there."

Files & Folders by Innovatology no longer available for BB Z10?-img_20141207_145000.png

I have purchased both your BB10 and the PlayBook app.

This week I have uninstalled and reinstalled your application on my PlayBook, in order to send files back to my Z10.
    I have found that I was able to create a folder but the files I would like to send are not sending.

I am connected via my BlackBerry Bridge and Bluetooth, as well as my hotspot tethering, but no file is being produced in my Z10 though creating a folder.

Something isn't right here and I thought it best to inform you, and make you aware of this problem.

I do hope you can help.

jtvberry
    01-03-15 11:07 AM
    I would like to know if there has been a ban on replying back to me, as I have written here on this thread some time back and its like this thread has been closed in inactivity.

I believe spoke concerning of when I first installed your application on my PlayBook.
    Your app took an hour or two, copy transferring files from my phone to PlayBook.

Then I wiped my PlayBook clean, and since I reinstalled your app, it has been taking months to copy transfer those files again at two at a glance. I think it will take about 4-6 months to transfer 4-5GB.

jtvberry
    01-04-15 10:44 PM
    I can't speak for them but when I search BBWorld, I do not see Files and folders for my Z10. Was it offered and withdrawn?
    01-05-15 12:45 AM
    I can't speak for them but when I search BBWorld, I do not see Files and folders for my Z10. Was it offered and withdrawn?
    Dear F2

My device is a Z10 100-STL2
    Have you tried the search in our BBWA

Files & Folders by Innovatology no longer available for BB Z10?-img_20150105_150007.png

Files & Folders by Innovatology no longer available for BB Z10?-img_20150105_145924.png

Files & Folders by Innovatology no longer available for BB Z10?-img_20150105_145941.png

And you have the choice of a trial version to.

Good luck

jtvberry
    01-05-15 09:05 AM
    Dear F2

My device is a Z10 100-STL2
    Have you tried the search in our BBWA

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150105_150007.png 
Views:	800 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	325532

Name:	IMG_20150105_145924.png 
Views:	797 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	325534

Name:	IMG_20150105_145941.png 
Views:	798 
Size:	110.3 KB 
ID:	325535

And you have the choice of a trial version to.

Good luck

jtvberry
    That's interesting. I looked up THEIR NAME and only came up with 2 or 3 apps and not Files/Folders!!!! Oh, I wonder if it might depend on the OS installed???? I'm using a 10.3.1.xxxx leak.
    jtv1 likes this.
    01-05-15 02:40 PM
48 12