We are thrilled to introduce Files & Folders for BlackBerry 10, our unified file and cloud manager with integrated Google Drive, SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box and Dropbox.

Files & Folders lets you manage your stuff wherever it is - on your device, on your SD card or in the cloud.

Recently voted Best New BlackBerry App by CrackBerry, the PlayBook version has gathered a huge following of delighted users. The BB10 version was re-invented, re-designed and re-engineered for BB10 phone, with innovative peek back and peek forward gestures and integration with system apps.

Our goal with this first BB10 release is to provide (nearly) all the features you know & love from the PlayBook, and some new ones to boot. In the coming weeks we'll be rolling out even more exciting new goodies, and tweaking & optimizing the existing ones.

To our PlayBook users: unfortunately, we've had to release the BB10 version as a separate product, but we're running a special introductory promo which we hope will make up for this.

UPDATE: some users have reported that the app doesn't load. Try removing & reinstalling Files & Folders via BlackBerry World.

Find it in BlackBerry World here.

Files & Folders for BB10 now available!-030.goto.png Files & Folders for BB10 now available!-020.expanded.png
    Last edited by Innovatology; 02-07-13 at 11:33 PM.
    02-05-13 07:39 PM
    An absolutely fantastic application on the Playbook and I am sure the BBOS10 application will be more of the same excellent craftsmanship.
    Innovatology likes this.
    02-05-13 07:44 PM
    Great news. I need google drive for work. I look forward to downloading it when I get my Z10 in March.
    Innovatology likes this.
    02-05-13 07:47 PM
    awesome - one of the essential/must-have apps...everyone keeps talking about Instagram, and others, but I carry a BB so I can get things done - I haven't been able to get Instagram to download/syncs files to/from the cloud (unless they're pics), lol.

Keep up the good work, and please get going on adapting this for the Q10!
    02-05-13 10:44 PM
    Can't wait to get this for my Z10.
    Innovatology likes this.
    02-06-13 04:25 AM
    Just bought it but shuts down before loading. Any updates for this on the way?
    02-07-13 10:17 PM
    Looks like it wasn't installed correctly by BlackBerry World. Try removing and reinstalling the app, and let us know how you get on!
    robtanz likes this.
    02-07-13 11:31 PM
    Awesome but it wants me to pay again. I already bought it for PlayBook?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    02-07-13 11:53 PM
    Awesome but it wants me to pay again. I already bought it for PlayBook?
    As we noted above:

To our PlayBook users: unfortunately, we've had to release the BB10 version as a separate product, but we're running a special introductory promo which we hope will make up for this.
    02-08-13 12:45 AM
    MUST HAVE app, it's on my Playbook and it will be the first app I'll buy for the Z10 that should be delivered today...
    Innovatology likes this.
    02-08-13 01:10 AM
    Wow. I wont have BB10 for a bit since I'm waiting on the Q10 but the fact that this can speak to Google Drive makes it a must buy for me.
    Innovatology likes this.
    02-08-13 01:38 AM
    How will these sort of applications work with work / personal balance settings, I'd like to have this in my personal half of the phone but doubt our security people would allow it particularly if it can access the likes of Google Drive
    02-08-13 01:50 AM
    Awesome... Bought it for my Playbook and just bought for my Z10.
    Thanks! Great dev people!
    Innovatology likes this.
    02-08-13 01:58 AM
    If I have the app on my phone will I be able to access files that are on my PlayBook on my Z10?
    02-08-13 02:44 AM
    Looks like it wasn't installed correctly by BlackBerry World. Try removing and reinstalling the app, and let us know how you get on!
    Thanks. It worked. great app
    Innovatology likes this.
    02-08-13 05:35 AM
    How will these sort of applications work with work / personal balance settings, I'd like to have this in my personal half of the phone but doubt our security people would allow it particularly if it can access the likes of Google Drive
    That's the beauty of BB Balance: apps in the Personal space cannot access files in the Work perimeter. If your security people know their stuff they should have read up on BB Balance and know this.

At the moment we do not explicitly support installation of Files & Folders into the Work perimeter of BB Balance. If your BB is configured to allow Work apps to access personal files (the default) then it should work. We're looking into ways to improve this.
    02-08-13 05:57 AM
    If I have the app on my phone will I be able to access files that are on my PlayBook on my Z10?
    Not in the current version. You can do it the other way around though: the PB version can access files & folders on your Z10 via Bridge, as long as the Z10 isn't enrolled in BES.
    drum, canuckvoip and Vorkosigan like this.
    02-08-13 05:58 AM
    Awesome one of my top 10 apps on my playbook.
    Innovatology likes this.
    02-09-13 09:04 PM
    We are aware that the current version has some bugs - it was submitted to App World long before the release version of BB10 was available. We're working hard to iron out the bugs we find, and will have a new version available soon. In the meantime, please let us know of any bugs you may encounter by e-mail! If we don't hear about them, we can't fix them.
    02-11-13 08:02 PM
    Hopefully what every arrangements you are making for Playbook owners will not expire before the phone is available here in the US. This seems to be what we will face with the Playbook, having to repurchase most apps. When BB finally releases BB10 for the Playbook will we have to buy it a third time?
    02-11-13 08:22 PM
    Hopefully what every arrangements you are making for Playbook owners will not expire before the phone is available here in the US.
    Don't worry, the promo isn't ending anytime soon.

This seems to be what we will face with the Playbook, having to repurchase most apps.
    This is to be expected - BB10 is very different to PlayBook OS. It has many more features, and requires a lot of re-engineering to take advantage of those features. The user interface is also quite different. Furthermore, a phone app is very different to a tablet app. This also requires a lot of work by the developer. In short, porting anything but the simplest of apps from PB to BB10 and from tablet to phone will be a large and time-consuming project (we've been working on F&F for months). We feel that after almost 2 years of free updates, charging an upgrade fee for such a major new version is not unreasonable, as it has to be economically viable for the developer. It's also quite common on other platforms.

When BB finally releases BB10 for the Playbook will we have to buy it a third time?
    We have no idea what BB10 on PlayBook will be like yet. We can't answer this until we know more.

Please remember that these apps cost less than an average cup of coffee at Starbucks.
    02-12-13 05:25 AM
    Please remember that these apps cost less than an average cup of coffee at Starbucks.
    A cup of coffee from Starbucks tastes the same consistently no matter where you purchase it.
    By the sounds of your 2 star rating out of 5 stars on BB World, the BB10 app does not meet the expectations of your Playbook app.

Looking forward to trying out the app, but will wait patiently for updates first
    02-12-13 10:22 AM
    Awesome to hear! I'll be picking it up as soon as I get my Z10 here in the states.
    02-12-13 11:12 AM
    Not everyone buys their coffee from Starbucks. haha. To me that is not a good comparison because I don't drink coffee on a regular basis and so I feel their coffee is way over priced. I understand the amount of work and effort required for bringing an app to us. I should have thought about how the PB apps would not be workable on the new phone. I have spent a lot of money on apps that turn out to be worth less than the 99 cents. So for quality apps it is fine to pay again. But I believe many will watch for more reviews before they start purchasing PB apps to make sure they are equal or better than on the PB. My only beef is when we are charged more than what is charged for android or ios customers.
    02-12-13 11:54 AM
    Does this app provide regular ftp access as well? What about smb?
    02-12-13 03:39 PM
38 12