Hi,
    I would like to show you our application - Filement.
    It's main focus is to provide easy access to our devices and cloud services witch we are using directly in a web browser.

The BlackBerry 10 version is more focused in providing the following Use-Cases:

Transfer and manage data:
    You are able to transfer files from and to your BB 10 device without USB cable or any additional software like BlackBerry link.

Cloud Services Access:
    Finally you got universal Google Drive and DropBox interface for accessing data.

Direct Data Share:
    You are able to share data directly from your BB10 (without the need of uploading it anywhere).

Single point of access:
    The main goal is to be cross platform, just by using a browser interface, you are able to accomplish tasks such as Listening to music, watching videos, review your documents.

Key-Benefits:
    • Combine all your devices and cloud services into one interface
    • Use resources you already own
    • Works directly in a browser
    • No need to upload data to the cloud
    • Maintain real privacy
    • Data ownership remains with the owner

Screenshots:

Filement  -  Access and transfer data between devices and clouds (PREVIEW)-filement-screen-02.png

Filement  -  Access and transfer data between devices and clouds (PREVIEW)-filement-screen-03.png

Filement  -  Access and transfer data between devices and clouds (PREVIEW)-filement-screen-05.png

Filement  -  Access and transfer data between devices and clouds (PREVIEW)-filement-screen-browse-macbook.png

Link to App World: BlackBerry World - Filement
    App Price: Free
    Official Site: www.Filement.com

** Please bear in mind that we are still polishing Filement, so there might be some issues. Any feedback or recommendations are welcome.

Thank you.
    Last edited by nnikov; 07-11-13 at 01:28 AM.
    malongzy likes this.
    07-10-13 10:07 AM
    Any chance for amazon drive music streaming?
    07-10-13 11:07 AM
    Hi
    Currently we are working on Rackspace support and over time for sure we will add more cloud drives and services Including Amazon.

If you have music stored on your pc/mac or your BlackBerry our application supports music streaming.
    07-10-13 11:35 AM
    Any PlayBook app? Adding my PlayBook as a device would be nice.

Also, the app is a little slow for navigating around, any plans to do it in Cascades so it has the more native feel?
    07-11-13 10:11 AM
    Hi
    Actually we are planning to create a PlayBook app too but currently our focus is on the phone app. As mentioned in our first post the app is still a preview and the interface will be improved significantly over the next week or two, exactly into a native direction. Our aim is to be as close to the native UX as possible.

So we will keep you posted with our progress over the next week

Thanks
    dietertong and kyleheney like this.
    07-11-13 12:15 PM
    Wow, that's pretty neat. Will get that!

Posted via CB10
    Plamen_Aleksandrov likes this.
    07-12-13 07:25 AM
    Speaking of privacy and security, what I would like to know is given the promotion of the service as more secure/private than typical cloud services - if users are required to use the Filement website as an "intermediary" to their files, what prevents Filement from monitoring/copying that data?

If the encryption is, as claimed, done on the device with keys that do not leave the device - a cynic like me would like some verification that the encryption process is not backdoored or exploitable. I don't even see a privacy policy on your website, much less some sort of audit of your security practices.
    07-14-13 07:35 AM
    In a case of encryption the typical public cloud services are secure enough. We are not trying to compete with them, but to support them by giving to users access to them. The security issues with the public clouds are more related with their storage/privacy policies, because your data is remotely stored and you don't have control on how can be used or stored. Most of the public clouds are providing API that is secure enough and encrypted, we are trying to provide direct access to them, because if we forward the traffic all the time, we have to pay for the traffic, which make no sense for us to provide it as free service.
    For example you may check:
    Google Terms of Service ? Policies & Principles ? Google
    section: Your Content in our Services

However we are trying to give you the ability to use your own storage devices like WiFi routers, mobile devices and etc. like public clouds, without taking care of configurations of services, making direct access by having public,static ip and etc. You know exactly how your data is stored and where is located. Also is cheaper if you want to store and access big amounts of data.

We are trying to provide you direct access to your device when it is possible ( it is faster and cheaper for us), and forward the traffic trough our services only when the direct access is not possible. Making secure direct access from browser, when you don't have signed SSL certificate on your device is not an easy task to achieve, because even if you access your device from your wifi network somebody may sniff your traffic. If we install just and SSL certificate on your device, the browser will alert that is some kind of self signed and somebody other may issue similar certificate.
    To make the things secure, so even somebody in your network to be able to make actions on your device, our service is acting as 3rd party key exchange system. When you try to start a session to your device, encryption key is generated by our system to both of your devices and only the key is transferred trough encrypted connection, so the requests between your devices are encrypted. After the encryption is initiated, you are able to login in your device with credentials that are stored in your device, otherwise you may ask us can we access your device content.

However there are much better security encryption mechanisms but we are limited because of the browser limitations. We are trying to improving the security all the time, for example currently we are working on end to end encryption if you have installed Filement on both devices (the device that you are trying to access and the device that provides you an access).

If you are security paranoid neither the privacy policy may convince you, nor explanations. We are considering also to make the devices code open source in the near future.

And lastly the privacy just one of the important use cases of the system that we are pointing. Many people are not so concerned about privacy, the system is really useful if you want to access your devices easily without installing software everytime to access your device, or bringing cables with you.
    07-15-13 10:56 AM
    Nnikov: Thanks for your detailed reply, I appreciate it.

I don't have time to respond in detail at the moment but I may ask for a clarification or two later. I appreciate the time you took to followup.
    nnikov likes this.
    07-15-13 11:08 AM
    Omnitech I also would like to thank you for your time Getting as much feedback as possible for this preview version is our main goal for now so we really appreciate it
    07-15-13 12:20 PM
    Nnikov: Thanks for your detailed reply, I appreciate it.

I don't have time to respond in detail at the moment but I may ask for a clarification or two later. I appreciate the time you took to followup.
    Thank you too.
    If I'm able to respond to your questions, I will do it
    07-15-13 02:57 PM

Also, the app is a little slow for navigating around, any plans to do it in Cascades so it has the more native feel?
    We updated the BB10 application and now it uses Cascades

Also we developed PlayBook application (forum post), if you are curious you can test it.
    08-29-13 04:56 PM
    Thanks for the app. Can you pls add access to other cloud services such as SugarSync, Box, Skydrive and MegaCloud?
    08-31-13 05:59 PM
    Hello,
    It is about time to add all of the popular cloud service providers.
    Currently we are more focused on bug fixing and adding new features like easier transfer to the existing ones.
    After that we will add some more clouds.

Thank you for your interest. Any other feedback is highly appreciated.
    09-05-13 09:01 AM

We are now having a version for PlayBook.
    09-05-13 09:03 AM
    Good to see you are continuing to develop this.
    09-06-13 05:06 PM
    This is a great app, Skydrive support would be fantastic (and the first on BB10)
    09-08-13 07:02 AM
    After we finish some task related with transferring data between the clouds, we will add support for more cloud services.
    09-27-13 08:53 AM
    We are already partly supporting SkyDrive. There are some troubles with the transfering files between skydrive and other clouds, but we are working to find a solution. Also there are new version with many fixed bugs mainly related with .zip archives.
    sylau90 and Omnitech like this.
    11-17-13 04:53 AM
    We are already partly supporting SkyDrive. There are some troubles with the transfering files between skydrive and other clouds, but we are working to find a solution. Also there are new version with many fixed bugs mainly related with .zip archives.

Glad to see you are still updating this. It's on my shortlist of things to try when I have some time.
    nnikov likes this.
    11-18-13 04:27 AM
    Glad to see you are still updating this. It's on my shortlist of things to try when I have some time.
    Waiting for your feedback
    11-20-13 06:55 AM
    Installed and ran on a Z30. Got only a black screen every time. What gives?
    11-20-13 10:08 AM
    I haven't tested it on Z30 yet, but I will try to do it on some newer emulator tomorrow.
    Thank you for the report, and I will write you back as soon as I have some result.
    11-27-13 05:02 PM
    Why is it that I just heard of this app now?! Great idea and I look forward to using it!

Posted via CB10
    nnikov likes this.
    11-27-13 05:30 PM
    Installed and ran on a Z30. Got only a black screen every time. What gives?
    On the latest emulator is working fine, however I'm not able to test it on real Z30 device.
    However We will publish new version soon, so I will ask you to test it. There is a big chance to be fixed.
    12-10-13 07:20 AM