First to give some background.

Kiwi browser kept giving me issues on various popular social media websites and even copy and pasting on some sites despite testing different builds. It was just too much of a compromise. I wanted to try and found an android browser that didn't make me feel like I was missing out on the web when used on BB10.

I was very happy with everything about the most recent builds of the normal Firefox browser by Mozilla, except for the fact that it would occasionally crash. The compatibility was excellent however.

I have now just tested the Fennec F-Droid version of Firefox for F-Droid and pushed it pretty hard on intensive social media sites and this thing hasn't crashed yet on my Passport. So far, this browser is working really sweet. I may have just found the browser that is going to keep my BB10 devices trucking on for a while. I'm going to test it on a Z10 this week and see how it does on that.

Here's the link to download the .apk if you are interested in giving it a test drive.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/mozill...-apk-download/

Posted via CB10
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    06-24-19 03:27 PM
    Cannot install it on my passport

Posted via CB10
    06-27-19 06:59 AM
    First to give some background.

Kiwi browser kept giving me issues on various popular social media websites and even copy and pasting on some sites despite testing different builds. It was just too much of a compromise. I wanted to try and found an android browser that didn't make me feel like I was missing out on the web when used on BB10.

I was very happy with everything about the most recent builds of the normal Firefox browser by Mozilla, except for the fact that it would occasionally crash. The compatibility was excellent however.

I have now just tested the Fennec F-Droid version of Firefox for F-Droid and pushed it pretty hard on intensive social media sites and this thing hasn't crashed yet on my Passport. So far, this browser is working really sweet. I may have just found the browser that is going to keep my BB10 devices trucking on for a while. I'm going to test it on a Z10 this week and see how it does on that.

Here's the link to download the .apk if you are interested in giving it a test drive.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/mozill...-apk-download/

Posted via CB10
    How's the battery consumption with that browser?
    06-27-19 10:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    Try going directly to F-Droid to choose the APK to download. There appear to be a few versions of each release and some say they're Android 4.1 compatible.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Forums v1.3.3.
    06-27-19 11:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    Make sure it is the (arm-v7a) (Android 4.1+) variant. Other versions are listed that will not work.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-19 01:38 PM
    Fennec for android 4.1 has been updated on f droif to version 68
    But didn't work on bb10 classic for me.

Still use 67 version

Love Peace and Share
    07-18-19 11:52 PM