...So back in August I met a developer building this app fella for Facebook within the playstore for around a dollar. It's worth every cent. In just a few months it's not over 100 thousand downloads and counting. It's fast, it's tiny with notifications and messages but more importantly the dev's are working with the BB10 runtime of 4.3/18 to make it work great on our blackberry devices as well as android from ics upwards. It really is an amazing app and allot was inspired from the old blackberry OEM facebook with the bar at the bottom on classic mode, you must swap the bar to the bottom and switch on classic mode as well as pick your color which is preset to Blackberrys old FB darker blue'ish black color when in classic mode. The developer ad's and fixes bug asap. You can message him within the app (it's only 2.1mb) or now they have a games section and even a Fella for facebook blog within where you can reach out. It's an amazing thing and worth this mention in its own thread to anybody looking for a Facebook that is small in size, fast, super customizations with a dev who not only listens but responds with updates constantly to improve and add elegant and unique features as well as fix hiccups. There is to much stuff to name but if you get this and want a feature (sound will be added soon like face10) as well as spy for messages so one can read a message but the sender not see that you read it as well as other spectacular features. To many to mention. If you get this, I must say add the bar to the bottom asap in settings at the top right hand side and choose ya color, font, texture as well as I suggest Classic mode. Also enable swipe gestures as it allows for swiping across the Facebook pages. Again, way to much to mention and again, messenger is included within! With notifications.

Kind Regards, DREAD

BTW: if you get Fella and join us, please remember ton report any bugs to the dev via the report button on the slide out bar to the left or right in messenger itself 'they will respond swiftly and handle anything even faster. 4.3 stars and counting!.. if you join us, let me know what you think also. I am hooked! I encourage you to build a relationship in ya free time with the DEV to get features you want added as he listens! #FellaForFacebook in Google play. No play services required! Just download and start making facebook the way you want it, even fonts, sizes, etc. #enjoy

#itsFAST .....

 Passport SE  -Working wiDe in 2017+...
    11-23-17 03:53 PM
    Oops, link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fella.app

11-28-17 01:07 AM
    It's just another wrapper for Facebook. There are many. I used Metal for a long time, and use Simple now.
    11-28-17 01:17 AM
    It's just another wrapper for Facebook. There are many. I used Metal for a long time, and use Simple now.
    Yes, they all are thanks for letting me know, again. Anybody else know the answers to the mysterious questions above?

You can NOT do a FB from scratch beings FB hoards their api's now! You chose metal because you liked it? Same with me and 100 thousand + others for Fella. JS..

11-28-17 04:11 AM
    Hey, if you EVER need/want a basic but super fast free open sourced FB no ad plus adblocker, check out FaceSlim.

It Runs fantastic on BB10 as its roots were here even though an .apk it first popped up with version 1.0 in BBW.

Listen, I am trying to help get Fella ahead or on par with FaceSlim as its nearly there, we want it above par actually for BB10 but run into what to tweak next... Yeah, fella if you like the old blackberry facebook with bar at bottom and endless customizations but faceslim for free and just basic facebook that works and chugs along. Both include notifications and messenger. Faceslim does have a dark feature whilst Fella every color you can dream.

Doesn't metal include twitter to? If so, how's the twitter within it? Any good? Notifications? Been awhile. I use FaceSlim for lower end connections and Fella for everything else tweaked to my exact preference (styles) as in color, font, etc. We are trying to get it to work better on a slower connection like FaceSlim can but like I said short of adding 60mb to a 2.1mb app as in adding a custom engine (it adds that much or more!!) we are at a wall and doing research. Going to try XDA and maybe android central too as the Internet is a huge place. Somebody out there knows!

We just want to make it as good as it can be and need a little help as in a link to the niddy griddy of details for BlackBerry 10's forked runtime and building. Apks or from a person who knows more then just 4.3 / 18 (360/480) and also whether the validity of apks needing to be compatible with 4.0 work best with our 4.3 art/dalvik is true or absolutely false, anyone?....

I heard this from David studios. Still no response back as to why, 9 days later so either he felt competition, wasn't into providing more info then that or was just talking out of his rear end as I googled, binges, ducked, etc, nothing on that particular issue, topic.

Anyway, He created the app Kolor in BBW which doesn't seem to be doing so great so maybe he made this stuff up.

He said this via email:

"We are not sure that Fella for Facebook works correctly on all BB10 devices! Since it starts from Android 4.1 and for Android applications to work on BB10 they have to be Android 4.0 El lunes, 20 de noviembre de 2017"

I mean, huh? Fella works Fine and starts at 4.1+... he wrong we aren't re arranging this to 4.0 when this is a outright lie or just ignorance on his behalf.

Kind Regards, Dread Pirate Regan

PS: When you think about it, Face10 is also just a wrapper A.K.A browser as in think of "hub browser or card browser" that's how he did it. Shame it's missing allot and it's so user unfriendly as to where links/notifications take you. However with the above said in nemorys defense (as much as I hate to do so) it's the only option as no api's from Facebook to build an app from scratch leaves us with the real facebook or wrappers which I honestly like the wrappers better. Well some as small and customizations as well as faster and much, much smaller with messenger built in. The best part, a ton less battery drain for some of them that are coded/built right.

BTW: Would BBW accept a .apk file that is just converted via the easy conversion tool which wraps it into a folder for some odd reason or is this not acceptable? Is this a "port" or is a "port" more intricate then just using GoodEReaders apk2bar converter so it reads as a .bar file versus the .apk file it is...? Thanks guys... and girls.

Last edited by DreadPirateRegan; 11-28-17 at 09:20 PM.
    11-28-17 09:08 PM
    Removed from Google Playstore after over 100 thousand downloads and continually in the top ten paid for social. Why? Because it's confusing people with the real facebook. PffffT... time to revamp since u never win a challenge with them. As in built in updates and it's own page.

12-19-17 02:15 PM
    We are back under this, now FREE. Running free for now whoever gets it and has it during time it goes paid again. Five stars thus far. Thanks, Dread

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...?id=breeze.app
    12-20-17 10:57 PM
    I downloaded face slim! Thanks, fast and free, works really fast

Posted via CB10
    01-01-18 09:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    I agree!

01-18-18 01:30 PM
    Fella is back and amazing on android, up there with swipe but faceslim for a. Apk is still best and free for BB10 in my opinion. Fella for android. As for best all around for BB10 native that is FacePro within the Blackberry world! It's superb and my Go-To....
    02-25-18 09:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    Ok I downloaded faceslim on my passport and it doesn't even work! The screen is cut off and I can't even log in!
    08-01-18 07:43 PM
    Really? Odd, works for me, what version? I can extract mine and share?...

12-28-18 10:20 PM
    Really? Odd, works for me, what version? I can extract mine and share?...

What up DPR? Where you been? Merry Belated Christmas and Happy Early New Year!!
    elfabio80 likes this.
    12-29-18 07:29 PM