Hi,

I am looking for a feed reading app and wonder which is best?

They both have good ratings in BlackBerry World.

Thank You.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 02:11 PM
    Personal preference - gNewsReader. Not only do I find it easier to use, but the developer is extremely proactive, and takes user suggestions, implements as many as he can. Take a look in this thread to see the activity! http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rogram-767030/
    03-20-14 02:19 PM
    Haven't used Feedminder, but gNewsReader works with Feedly, which is my now replacement for Google Reader(R.I.P).

It's simple, and clean.
    03-20-14 02:19 PM
    Hi,

I am looking for a feed reading app and wonder which is best?

They both have good ratings in BlackBerry World.

Thank You.

Posted via CB10
    They're really different products. FeedMinder is a stand-alone RSS aggregator (with no cloud sync/integration at the moment); gNewsReader is a Feedly/NewsBlur client. As far as the RSS experience goes, the only thing FeedMinder has on gNewsReader is an inline preview of article text [teaser text]. Otherwise, I prefer the gNewsReader UI. FeedMinder also has a built-in Twitter client, but it's fairly bare-bones. There's no way to open an individual tweet to view conversations; all you get is the timeline view..
    Also, as noted earlier, the gNewsReader developer has been visibly active in, well, developing his project, and I think that augurs well for its future as a mature, polished app.
    03-20-14 06:08 PM
    For the record, gNewsReader can also be used as a stand-alone RSS reader. Add individual feeds without syncing to a cloud-based source such as Feedly.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 06:21 PM
    For the record, gNewsReader can also be used as a stand-alone RSS reader. Add individual feeds without syncing to a cloud-based source such as Feedly.
    I might be mistaken, but as far as I know gNewsReader is still dependent on Feedly (or NewsBlur) to provide the RSS aggregation, whereas FeedMinder's data is saved locally.
    03-20-14 06:28 PM
    Thank you for the advice I was angling towards gNewsReader but was unsure about its ability to also read rss.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 06:29 PM
    Thank you for the advice I was angling towards gNewsReader but was unsure about its ability to also read rss.

Posted via CB10
    "NOTE: Feedly/NewsBlur account is needed to operate this application. NewsBlur support is at BETA status and some features may be lacking compared to Feedly backend."

(Source: gNewsReader - BlackBerry World)
    03-20-14 06:34 PM
    If you're OK with an Android app (and with ads), I would personally recommend gReader (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...greader.reader). It's a little more polished than gNewsReader at this point, it supports offline caching, and it now doubles as a stand-alone RSS reader.

If you're all about the native solution, though, I would register for Feedly if you haven't already because I think gNewsReader is that much better than FeedMinder right now.
    03-20-14 06:39 PM
    I might be mistaken, but as far as I know gNewsReader is still dependent on Feedly (or NewsBlur) to provide the RSS aggregation, whereas FeedMinder's data is saved locally.
    My mistake. I misunderstood the "add feed" option in the overflow menu. Apparently it adds new feeds to your Feedly or NewsBlur account from on-device. I was wrong, but found a feature I was unaware of...
    03-20-14 06:49 PM
    I personally like FeedMinder better. Alerts in the hub, and another form of twitter if you don't like using native twitter app

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 10:35 PM