Announcing the release of FeedMinder 2.2. Thanks to so many of you for all the great feedback that's gone into this release.

A Twitter and RSS Reader, FeedMinder is an easy way to pull all your feeds together in one place like the Social Feeds app on BlackBerry 7.

FeedMinder 2.2 now available on BlackBerry World. Simultaneously Post to Facebook, Twitter and BBM.-feedminder-bbworld.png

BlackBerry World: FeedMinder - BlackBerry World

New in this update:

- Simultaneously post to Facebook, Twitter & BBM...

FeedMinder 2.2 now available on BlackBerry World. Simultaneously Post to Facebook, Twitter and BBM.-feedminder-post-multiple.png

- Import / export (back-up / restore) subscriptions, settings, preferences.
    - Import OPML from feedly, google reader etc.
    - Twitter pictures embedded in main timeline.
    - Enhanced tab customization options. Choose your tab icons.
    - Menu overhaul. New items for sharing, sign-in/out, scroll-to-top.
    - (Optionally) use the action bar for actions instead of tabs.
    - Q-series improvements to auto-scroll away action bar.
    - UI enhancements including more images and sharper image rendering.

Existing Features include:

- Rich, snappy, native UI combines Photos, Tweets, RSS and Atom articles.
    - Without leaving the app, drill-down on Tweets, follow users, view hashtag searches.
    - Tweet, Retweet, Reply.
    - Share your favorite articles on Facebook, Twitter, Email, BBM and others.
    - Hub Notifications, Polling, Active Frames, Priority Hub.
    - Configure rules to only be notified of specific topics, friends or feeds so notifications don't become a nuisance.
    - Mark-read support, unread counts, mark-tab-read.
    - Choose a light or dark theme.
    - Search bar filters feeds as fast as you can type.
    - Swipe down to refresh all, or pull-to-refresh just the active tab.
    - Optional "Reader Mode" strips adverts and makes easy reading.
    - Expand items in place to reveal more.
    - Full article viewing in app - no more hopping in and out of the browser as with other apps.
    - Organize your Twitter and RSS feeds together across any number of configurable tabs to group information in a way that makes sense to you, regardless of source.
    - Add RSS and Atom feeds directly from the browser (long press URLs anywhere on the device and share them to FeedMinder)
    - Choose from our extensive live Catalog of feeds.
    - Enter a web page and we'll scan it for feeds for you.
    - Or, perhaps you'll be happy with the default set of subscriptions that cover World News, Sport, Technology, Entertainment, Business and more...
    - Native, fluid, not an Android port.

FeedMinder 2.2 now available on BlackBerry World. Simultaneously Post to Facebook, Twitter and BBM.-combined.jpg

FeedMinder 2.2 now available on BlackBerry World. Simultaneously Post to Facebook, Twitter and BBM.-combined2.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails FeedMinder 2.2 now available on BlackBerry World. Simultaneously Post to Facebook, Twitter and BBM.-combined_smaller.png   FeedMinder 2.2 now available on BlackBerry World. Simultaneously Post to Facebook, Twitter and BBM.-combined2_smaller.png  
    SirJes, Bla1ze, imadorkx and 2 others like this.
    01-20-14 08:38 PM
    Even the loading webpage is faster.

Worth every penny.
    01-20-14 09:05 PM
    if the option to add facebook feeds was added , it would be super.
    imadorkx, cajunberry and cbosdell like this.
    01-20-14 09:07 PM
    Great app and excellent new features Thanks
    01-21-14 01:37 AM
    Great app, I use it all the time.

Quick question, why can't you scroll down further to read older tweets in the Twitter feed? I can only view up to one hour back in any tab.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 04:30 AM
    Great app, I use it all the time.

Quick question, why can't you scroll down further to read older tweets in the Twitter feed? I can only view up to one hour back in any tab.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Thanks Azam! Auto-more is enabled on the Twitter tab only. I thought doing auto-more in tabs that had a mixture of RSS and Twitter content would give a confusing experience, so I disabled the feature on those other tabs. If you aren't seeing the behavior on the Twitter tab, you likely added more filters in there.
    01-21-14 09:18 AM
    Yes it's understandable not having auto more for a tab containing mixed RSS and Twitter content but I am not experiencing the behaviour with Twitter only tabs either.

As a test I removed all filters and created a new Twitter tab containing just my family members as friends. Unfortunately I am just seeing entries in this tab for the previous one hour with no auto more options to scroll down.

Am I understanding the concept incorrectly?

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 02:04 PM
    Yes it's understandable not having auto more for a tab containing mixed RSS and Twitter content but I am not experiencing the behaviour with Twitter only tabs either.

As a test I removed all filters and created a new Twitter tab containing just my family members as friends. Unfortunately I am just seeing entries in this tab for the previous one hour with no auto more options to scroll down.

Am I understanding the concept incorrectly?

Posted via CB10
    Hey Azam,

If you just create a tab filtered to "All Tweets", that'll include the auto-more feature. As soon as you add any filters, I disable auto-more on that tab - even when those filters are (as in your case) Twitter friends. If I were to enable auto-more for friend-filtered tabs, I would have to keep grabbing "pages" of tweets until I found more tweets for those specific friends. (If I didn't there would be holes in the timeline in other views). Or I would have to build tabs from querying the individual user's timelines, which has some other side-effects. You know that clicking on any given friend's avatar takes you to a view of that friend including their last 30 tweets?
    01-21-14 04:48 PM
    Fair enough, you are correct.
    Thanks for the reminder on clicking the avatars and seeing last 30 tweets.

Just another thought, is it possible in a future version to give users the option to rearrange the tab order? At present it appears in 'date created' order with the exception of 'Hub' and 'Priority Hub' which rightfully are at the top.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 05:43 PM
    Fair enough, you are correct.
    Thanks for the reminder on clicking the avatars and seeing last 30 tweets.

Just another thought, is it possible in a future version to give users the option to rearrange the tab order? At present it appears in 'date created' order with the exception of 'Hub' and 'Priority Hub' which rightfully are at the top.

Posted via CB10
    Yes that's on the backlog. A couple of other people have asked for that too.
    01-21-14 08:03 PM
    Thanks for the update today. Awesome app!!
    01-28-14 07:15 AM
    Are you planning to add retweets, favorites and replies to each tweet. I check tweets to see how many times they've been retweeted and by who. Would make me use twitter in feedminder instead of the bb10 twitter app
    02-04-14 09:35 PM
    Are you planning to add retweets, favorites and replies to each tweet. I check tweets to see how many times they've been retweeted and by who. Would make me use twitter in feedminder instead of the bb10 twitter app
    That's a request I haven't had before. As I'm sure you know, you can tweet/retweet/reply in the app, but I haven't been asked to display the existing retweets and favorites on each tweet before. I am getting that information in the request, so I could certainly add it if I can work out where to squeeze it in on the UI.

I'm not planning an update in the immediate future, but I'll add that to my backlog.

Thanks for the feedback.

Andy
    02-12-14 07:39 PM
    Thank you!
    02-19-14 05:12 PM
    Is there a way to alphabetize the feeds?

Posted via CB10 / 10.2.1.1925
    02-20-14 09:01 AM
    Please, by the name of sweet jebus, make it headless!
    02-21-14 03:31 AM
    add facebook, BBM, whatsapp(Status and photo change) to this app.. nothing beats it in the world then...

seriously need the old BBOS social feeds on BB10
    02-21-14 04:30 AM
    Great app so far!

Is it possible to open in reader mode by default?

As well, is it possible to view only unread?

Finally, a HUGE plus one on customizing tab and feed order.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 12:08 AM
    One more request: can you please add an option to delete the history and cache?

Some sites (eg Globe and Mail) track your reading and limit article views: deleting your history and cache in the browser prevents this but doesn't work for the app.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 04:29 AM