"A smartphone is only as smart as its user..."

I know not all apps on BlackBerry World are great, and even some are cheap tricks. But there are are quite a bunch of good ones which don't deserve the bashing many ignorant users give.

I've seen too many bad reviews in apps that work wonderfully, just because the user doesn't have a clue how to use it or even worse, doesn't bother to read the full description.

For instance, people giving bad reviews because a freemium app must be purchased to be unlocked. This happens even when it is well stated in the description.

I respect the people who rather than just complain, look for a solution on forums. If an app deserves a bad review after the user has tested it thoroughly, looked for and not found a solution, then that's understandable.

But it truly pisses me off to see so much bashing against BlackBerry, just out of plain ignorance or laziness to read descriptions! I wish I could answer certain reviews on BlackBerry World...

Loved the Q10 but now it's Z30 power time!!!
    08-19-14 12:57 AM
    The truth is, you can't fix stupid. I've seen ignorant or misleading reviews and posts in other app stores, as well. Some people are just walking buzzkills.
    08-19-14 01:00 AM
    The truth is, you can't fix stupid. I've seen ignorant or misleading reviews and posts in other app stores, as well. Some people are just walking buzzkills.
    Agreed.

Even the top apps in other stores get dinged unreasonably.

Usually, the good reviews outweigh the undeserved bad ones eventually.
    08-19-14 01:10 AM
    Agreed. It just really frustrated me to see some bad reviews recently on a couple of great apps I purchased, where the developer has been very diligent and responsive to inquiries.

Perhaps an option to answer a review could be implemented. Being honest, many people express frustration on app stores, so perhaps if other users could answer to help them, this could end up being a win-win situation. On the other hand, I admit it could also turn into a disaster.

Loved the Q10 but now it's Z30 power time!!!
    08-19-14 01:20 AM