Openwhatsapp updated to. 95, side load from site.

Also read the Blog and received email on why it was rejected from app world

Posted via CB10 from my BlackBerry zed one zero
    03-25-13 12:41 AM
    Dear Blackberry,

Before you decided that OpenWhatsapp violates WhatsApp's terms and that you could not accept it in App World, have you been fully aware that YOU are the ones who got me started on this project? You are the ones who convinced me to port this application to BB10. You are the ones who explicitly proposed and provided me with internal support from your OWN developers to get my port ready ASAP. You are the ones who sent me a Dev Alpha even when I explicity and CLEARLY stated and described what app I am working on. I understand this was back at a time when WhatsApp decided to ditch your platform. But throwing away my work upon a request of WhatsApp was just a cheap shot!

Do you think it's cool to get a developer work on a DAMN app for several months, and then just throw it away in the end?! Do you realize how hard it is to deliver an app that is as polished as OpenWhatsapp?! I understand how NOW you are trying to keep friends with WhatsApp and all that, but do you think this is the appropriate way to treat developers who "really" believed in your platform ?! Or was I just being used?.

And I'm sorry, your limited edition device is not enough "compensation" for my work which again, YOU STARTED, and now simply threw away. I don't want anything that reminds me of this betrayal.

Worst Wishes,
    Tarek
    OpenWhatsapp Developer
    03-25-13 01:13 AM
    Feel sorry for owa developer, wa is not putting too much effort on bb10. Look at the plain background and the look of an android port, it's so disappointing. I hope we can support owa even when bberry doesn't give a ****.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 02:10 AM
    Feel sorry for owa developer, wa is not putting too much effort on bb10. Look at the plain background and the look of an android port, it's so disappointing. I hope we can support owa even when bberry doesn't give a ****.

Posted via CB10
    It's got nothing to do with BlackBerry. As for as WhatsApp goes they have updated the app twice since release. Can improvements be made sure but it does take time. Their 2 updates since release makes me think they actually so care. Lastly WhatsApp has always more or less looked alike across platforms.

Edit: just to clarify I was talking about how fast or slow an update happens to the official whatsapp app has nothing to do with BlackBerry. The whole BBRY screwing him over I don't know but it is very low if it's true.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 02:13 AM
    I received this email from the developer as well. If what the developer is saying is true (and it seems like it), then that is not cool from BlackBerry...

But then again I always wondered how he can go about building what basically is a very similar to Whatsapp :s
    03-25-13 02:15 AM
    http://openwhatsapp.org/blog/2013/03...ar-blackberry/

Feel v bad for the dev as open WhatsApp is far better than the crap WhatsApp put out officially.
    If he's been misled by BlackBerry that's so not cool on so many levels.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 02:32 AM
    OpenWhatsapp goals

OpenWhatsapp does not aim to be a competitor to WhatsApp. Being a competitor doesn't even make sense as WhatsApp are the ones providing the service. We also do not interfere by any means nor even try to bypass WhatsApp's paid subscription process. We just believe WhatsApp is such a great service and that's why we spend a lot of time building our community clients. We spend a lot of time working to have it accessible on the platforms we love.
    I dont understand why whatsapp request blackberry to deny openwhatsapp join appworld. from what I read, whatsapp doesnt lose anything with this app available around. actually it's like having a free app developer, right? so which one actually does whatsapp sell? service or app?
    03-25-13 02:32 AM
32 12