Hi all,

Anybody else notice that FastTube and SuperTube aren't loading any videos anymore?

It won't give me the option for SD, HD videos etc which than allows the videos to play.

I have reached out to support to see if this is device specifics for me or perhaps the apps or BlackBerry 10 in general.

I always loved the FastTube for BlackBerry 10. The ability to make the videos full screen on the Passport was amazing!!

Posted via CB10
    06-12-19 06:38 PM
    Knowing YouTube and Google, probably some updates to their API.
    06-12-19 07:33 PM
    Hi all,

Anybody else notice that FastTube and SuperTube aren't loading any videos anymore?

It won't give me the option for SD, HD videos etc which than allows the videos to play.

I have reached out to support to see if this is device specifics for me or perhaps the apps or BlackBerry 10 in general.

I always loved the FastTube for BlackBerry 10. The ability to make the videos full screen on the Passport was amazing!!

Posted via CB10
    Enough clowning around on my part...
    @TrumpetTiger - I believe this is up your alley.......
    06-12-19 07:36 PM
    Yes. API changes indeed.

Try YouTube Vanced:

https://youtubevanced.com/non-root

I've had success with v13.16.55.
    Last edited by conite; 06-12-19 at 08:49 PM.
    06-12-19 07:57 PM
    I tried the Supertube dev awhile ago. His reply:

"I tried hard to fix that, but till now I didn't find a solution. Hope in
    the future bu[t] hopeless." that was in March.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-19 08:26 PM
    Newpipe apk was working on my BB10 devices last time I checked. I also use the same app on my BlackBerry android devices.
    mh1983 likes this.
    06-12-19 09:16 PM
    Enough clowning around on my part...
    @TrumpetTiger - I believe this is up your alley.......
    Thanks for the handoff Chuck!

Hi all,

Posted via CB10
    Hey curves,

Unfortunately this is a problem with the apps as a whole, probably related to the YouTube API as Bla1ze mentions. FastTube has actually been sadly pulled from Blackberry World, and while SuperTube is still available it will need to be updated to work with the new system. The dev is responsive and sympathetic but has been experiencing this problem for some time, so it's unclear whether an update is possible.

As I've mentioned in other threads, I highly recommend StereoTube for those who might have it saved in Blackberry World's My World section, but if you've never downloaded it before it will not come up in search results. In that case I'd suggest CacheTube for YouTube:

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=US

It's working well and is fully native, providing a similar experience to SuperTube. Note there is another app called CacheTube as well by a different developer, which is also a solid choice; however, it is more of a hybrid web app which gives CacheTube for YouTube a slight edge in my view. Let me know if you have any trouble with the app and I'll help as best I can.
    06-12-19 10:04 PM