I'm sure everyone is experiencing the stupid issue with FB not sending notifications to the hub, unless the app is open, or you reinstall FB.

I'm curious if there are alternatives for this? I know about Android FB, and it bothers me with no hub integration.

I highly doubt there's a better alternative, but it doesn't hurt to ask right?!
    02-17-14 09:29 AM
    I'm sure everyone is experiencing the stupid issue with FB not sending notifications to the hub, unless the app is open, or you reinstall FB.
    I'm not having that issue. Be sure you have "Sync Messages" set to "On" as well as "Enable Notifications" set to "On." I found that it would not give you notifications with only "Enable Notifications" on, I had to enable "Sync Messages" as well.
    vishalkapoor77 likes this.
    02-17-14 09:38 AM
    I'm not having that issue. Be sure you have "Sync Messages" set to "On" as well as "Enable Notifications" set to "On." I found that it would not give you notifications with only "Enable Notifications" on, I had to enable "Sync Messages" as well.
    I've got all of that set exactly as described, it works great for about a week after I reinstall it, then all of sudden it just stops, and I go and open FB and I have like 2 messages haha. I'm hoping there's a fix for this because it's quite annoying. It's a vicious cycle of reinstalling and uninstalling..
    02-17-14 09:42 AM
    same issue with me, i don't get FB notifications in hub and only when i open FB i see notifications pending. I'm on 10.2.1.2141.
    PaulyDoyle likes this.
    02-17-14 09:45 AM
    It won't help with hub notifications, but I bookmarked the mobile version of facebook and added it to my homescreen. I have the app installed, but I don't use it for anything other than sharing. I disabled all alerts for facebook when I did this.

Posted with CB10 via Q10 running 10.2.1.1259
    PaulyDoyle likes this.
    02-17-14 10:45 AM
    I have a similar issue. My notifications come in for fb in the hub. When I try and open them the screen will go dark as usual but instead of opening the message the hub brightens up again and I'm back at square one. It will work every now and then but in general it has not been a reliable way to access Facebook. I have had to use the app instead.
    I've been noticing this for a few weeks. Possibly since 10.2.1 was released.
    I'm on rogers btw.
    Let's hope someone can shed some light on this annoying and persistent issue.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 10:11 PM