Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Yes, the BB 10 Facebook app is in ancient times. If Blackberry is having a hard time in providing Most applications,, the least they can do it make the core social apps such as Facebook and twitter competitive or on par with those on other platforms. One user posted that he goes to the browser to use Facebook, but you shouldn't be even doing that in the first place cause the app is there to provide more than the web page can provide. The twitter app is much better with good functionality but again blackberry's developers didn't look at it from all perspective. I own and a Q10 and the screen real estate is pretty small (but i love it) as such they should have hidden the top and bottom banners to maximise how much tweet can be viewed. Currently my screen can only view one tweet per scroll, and everyone knows that after just an hour you can have, over a hundred tweets and having to scroll a hundred tweets at that rate is frustrating, I use Blaq instead and again, i shouldn't have to buy an app just to use basic functionality well. I know that this comment won't do much, I have tried emailing on several occasions to raise the issue but to no avail. I have been a blackberry user for close to 6-7 years now and i just want the basic necessities to be met and met well and i will be satisfied.
    08-14-14 05:00 AM
    Remove BlackBerry FB and install Android version. I dare say that is the route BlackBerry will take soon when 10.3.x goes with An Android app store.

At least then they can concentrate on other native things.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 05:04 AM
    BlackBerry costumer support is awful. BBW is ridiculous you have to pay for apps that are free on other OSes and instead of some good official native apps for social network we have paid apps such as iGran &...
    BlackBerry should care about it's users.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 11:39 AM
    BlackBerry costumer support is awful. BBW is ridiculous you have to pay for apps that are free on other OSes and instead of some good official native apps for social network we have paid apps such as iGran &...
    There's a free version of iGrann and you can install the Android version of Instragram (which worked flawlessly when I used it before iGrann came out). Plus, BlackBerry would love to have all apps on the platform, they even said they would financially compensate app developers but they can't force them. That said, the app that BlackBerry is in charge of developing, which is Facebook for BlackBerry 10, needs a major overhaul. I completely agree with the OP, as do many others who have voiced their discontent directly to BlackBerry on the Beta Zone forums.
    08-14-14 11:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    Don't blame BlackBerry for the choices Devs make.
    tjseaman and sk8er_tor like this.
    08-14-14 11:50 AM
    Don't blame BlackBerry for the choices Devs make.
    Well, it is kind of their fault that developers went away

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 12:00 PM
    One user posted that he goes to the browser to use Facebook, but you shouldn't be even doing that in the first place cause the app is there to provide more than the web page can provide.
    Didn't know I could play Facebook games on my Facebook app thanks for that

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 12:02 PM
    Well, it is kind of their fault that developers went away

Posted via CB10
    It really isn't though. If it's anyone's fault it's the original app developers fault.
    08-14-14 12:03 PM
    There's a free version of iGrann and you can install the Android version of Instragram (which worked flawlessly when I used it before iGrann came out). Plus, BlackBerry would love to have all apps on the platform, they even said they would financially compensate app developers but they can't force them. That said, the app that BlackBerry is in charge of developing, which is Facebook for BlackBerry 10, needs a major overhaul. I completely agree with the OP, as do many others who have voiced their discontent directly to BlackBerry on the Beta Zone forums.
    Yes I know there's a free version but I can't see my notifications till I open the app and I don't wanna use android apps. I bought a bb10 phone not an android. There should be a problem that developers don't want or can't develop their apps on bb10 .Android apps update often but when was the last time we had an update for tango viber skype or...?
    I think we should blame BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 12:44 PM
    It really isn't though. If it's anyone's fault it's the original app developers fault.
    In this case BlackBerry is the original developer of this app ever since BBOS. And if FB can't be bothered to make an app themselves is because BlackBerry let their sales go down by choosing to ignore its competitors. So yes, it's BlackBerry 's fault.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 02:41 PM
    While there are definitely several factors at play, BlackBerry is ultimately responsible for its own ecosystem.
    08-14-14 02:44 PM
    If I own a dairy factory and I don't feel to supply your grocery store with my dairy goodness is it your fault or mine? Maybe I feel like my milk and cheese won't sell at your store because it's in a small town. Is it your fault I don't want to take the risk?
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    08-14-14 07:24 PM
    Why didn't you title your post Problems with FaceBook app? This forum is for asking a specific question so that people can help you. None of us can update the FB app.
    08-14-14 07:35 PM
    I'm happy it let me delete an embarrassing post where I made a comment by getting two people mixed up. Deleting used to be hard but one quick long press and a confirmation tap and all is forgiven, phew. So can it better?,Absolutely. I was annoyed that it won't load my scrabble games. Thankfully I can load Scrabble via Android directly on my phone and hook into my current FB games that way. Not the best but BlackBerry really needs to up their market share before Dev's come back in droves.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 07:39 PM
    Man, I'd be happy if the native BlackBerry Facebook app would simply support swiping inwards from the left and right screen edges to access the side panels, like the Android version does. I use the phone single-handedly, so reaching upper corner virtual buttons is much less convenient than a single swipe.

Puh-lease BlackBerry, add this feature!

Z-30/STA 100-5/10.3.0.700+.296/T-Mobile USA
    08-14-14 10:44 PM
    Correction with all of instagram bug fixes it's more smooth then igrann on 10.3

Which is sad because isn't cascades apps supposed to be faster? It's been boasted about but are they really?
    Not to mention, most devs stick to the generic boring and less visual cascades UI. (I blame BlackBerry for that)
    People on Android and iPhone had the current BBM UI which is trying to mimic BB10 cascades.

Maybe it's because instragam is constantly updates and igrann gets an update once every 2-6 months but still.

Go back to test instagram: download the "latest" update from snap and it's insanely faster, more smooth and has more features. It is just lacking headless which i'm sure it's coming with 10.3 (it would be stupid if blackberry didn't).

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by khehl; 08-15-14 at 09:56 AM.
    Coffee Shampoo likes this.
    08-14-14 11:27 PM