I just wanna know if there is any native Facebook app which has real hub integration, like the old native Facebook app provided by blackberry, that you can just chat using the messenger within the hub.
    Is there any app with this? Or are they all only with notifications in the hub?

Posted via CB10
    12-10-16 06:23 PM
    I just wanna know if there is any native Facebook app which has real hub integration, like the old native Facebook app provided by blackberry, that you can just chat using the messenger within the hub.
    Is there any app with this? Or are they all only with notifications in the hub?

Posted via CB10
    There's nothing like the old native app unfortunately. The only one which kind of works, as close as possible, is Nemory's Messenger Pro app (the paid version). As with Face10 (paid version), you can use it from within the Hub without opening the app.

Truth be told, the Messenger app uses the cascades native frame but the messaging part is in reality only a Web wrapper of the mobile page. Again, it does allow you to open a conversation within the Hub without actually opening the app itself, but if I recall correctly, you might have to already have a chat with the specific contact (I might be mistaken on this).

It's definitely not the ideal experience and still far from how the native Facebook app used to work, but it's the closest as it does something else apart from receiving notifications on the Hub.

One detail I've found is that it doesn't handle the "share" feature from within the browser or other apps. So if you want to send something, you'll have to open the specific chat from the Hub or the app and post the link or share the media as if from the Web mobile page.

I just got back my Passport from the Telcel (sent it to get it unlocked as it's now out of contract) so I'll probably install Face10 and Messenger Pro (bought both a while ago), try them out and report back.

Regardless of the above, if Facebook is a must in your daily use (and WhatsApp after June 30), I'd definitely recommend taking a look at BlackBerry Android devices. If you're only an occasional user though, you can get away with some of the many workarounds available.
    12-10-16 07:16 PM
    Thank you for that detailed answer. I don't really rely on the fb messenger, so I am ok with work arounds. And for WhatsApp I have most of my contacts got to bbm. But maybe I get the BlackBerry Mercury if it comes out.
    As for WhatsApp for some groups of my university I can just use the apk then or if nemory has an app for that by the time

Posted via CB10
    12-11-16 05:50 AM
    Thank you for that detailed answer. I don't really rely on the fb messenger, so I am ok with work arounds. And for WhatsApp I have most of my contacts got to bbm. But maybe I get the BlackBerry Mercury if it comes out.
    As for WhatsApp for some groups of my university I can just use the apk then or if nemory has an app for that by the time

Posted via CB10
    Whatsapp end agreement for bb10 has changed until June 30th 2017. Enjoy for another 61/2 months. We don't need half functioning apps.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-16 11:12 AM
    I started using the Disa app from amazon store. It works real well for the facebook messaging but it does not have the hub integration. Disa also offers whatsapp messaging so it could be a solution once whatsapp ends support officially for BB10.

Try it out. The app is free and works really well.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-16 06:28 PM
    As suggested by @demonix try Disa Android App, can be downloaded from Disa | Unified Messenger or GitHub too,
    Gives notification alert on new chat sends picture too,
    Call feature not supported but very useful compare to original Android App.
    12-12-16 08:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hi again mate,

I'm trying out another alternative after restoring my Passport.

If you'd like to keep the native Facebook app installed, contact and calendar sync, and timely general notifications, here's a tip:

The native app can still draft messages straight from the Hub or the app itself and these will be sent out but won't show nor get native notifications for the answers. To complement it, use Messenger Lite and you will notice that the messages were indeed sent: http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/facebook-2/messenger-lite/

It's not a native or true Hub experience. In this regard, Nemory's apps might be closer to it, although some users have reported that notifications can become somewhat inconsistent over time. It's an alternative which seems to work fine on BlackBerry 10, since Messenger Lite pushes Android style notifications to the Hub and runs fluidly.

Posted with my powerful and masterful  Passport!
    Last edited by JG_Agustin; 12-13-16 at 12:37 AM.
    12-12-16 07:45 PM
    I started using the Disa app from amazon store. It works real well for the facebook messaging but it does not have the hub integration. Disa also offers whatsapp messaging so it could be a solution once whatsapp ends support officially for BB10.

Try it out. The app is free and works really well.

Posted via CB10
    I have tried Disa for a week, it worked good but draining battery really fast, normally I'll place my passport on charging pod when I back home and take out before I go to bed (about 11pm - midnight) , and it definitely full charged. But next morning I woke up at 8am and battery drop down to approx 85%. When I checked the device monitor it shows Disa was the battery killer.
    Back to using messenger lite apk right now.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    12-13-16 04:57 AM
    I have tried Disa for a week, it worked good but draining battery really fast, normally I'll place my passport on charging pod when I back home and take out before I go to bed (about 11pm - midnight) , and it definitely full charged. But next morning I woke up at 8am and battery drop down to approx 85%. When I checked the device monitor it shows Disa was the battery killer.
    Back to using messenger lite apk right now.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    Same for me but with BB Z10. Messenger Lite works very well (in my case).

Posted via CB10 || BlackBerry Z10
    12-13-16 05:58 AM