Hi there,
    I'm in need of a simple app to record or log when I go for a walk.

Having injured myself at work I am supposed to go for an hourly walk. My work mates have made a statement saying I don't go for my walks.
    Prefer much what I'm after is a simple app that I can push a button and it logs the time and date.
    It doesn't have to be headless as I'm half to have it open so I can easily press the button.

I've had a look at apps both in blackberry world and android but all I could find was apps where I have to fill in details which is too much.

If anyone knows an app suited I'd be very appreciative.

Cheers

Posted via CB10 on my ‎ BlackBerry Z10 ‎
    04-12-15 06:56 PM
    Have you looked at Casca Run? It is well reviewed.

Exercise log app?-img_20150412_191331.png

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    Powdah and Stevendon like this.
    04-12-15 07:13 PM
    Nogago Tracks creates a log but I don't see that it adds time/date into the file or readings. But saving the file would time/date stamp it.
    04-12-15 08:30 PM
    I use Endomondo. It is an android port in BlackBerry World. Note that the android version from Snap doesn't work. It logs all your walks: distance, time, speed, calories, including a daily total if you take more than one walk that day. You can also see your track on a map. All your exercises/walks are stored online so you will always have your history without a backup. The free version works well for my purposes. The app actually runs in the background if you close it. When running in the background, you can check your progress through the Hub notification from the app, in addition to voice report at mile interval.

Posted via CB10
    Stevendon likes this.
    04-12-15 09:23 PM
    Excellent thanks.
    It's pretty good. A bit more complicated than I was looking for, but it's great anyway.
    Ultimately I can have it open and select start then finish when finished.

I love the voice too.

If there's something more basic that quid work too.
    I'm picturing one of those count clicker the survey people use. The ones where say they are counting cars of a particular brand they click and it increments. If something like that existed which logged the date and time that would be perfect.
    If none exist this one looks close to the idea.

Cheers

04-12-15 09:31 PM
    Endomondo looks great too although I'll have to create an account, but love the live messages too.

The gps isn't needed as I just do a couple laps of the factory to loosen up as the know it all say I can't sit for long periods without a walk.

my injury is a lower back with pains in the leg, so any exercise has to be light.

But I do love these apps and probably will be great if and when I improve and can exercise more.

04-12-15 09:43 PM
    Seems like a pedometer is what you need. I personally have never used one. Look up BlackBerry World and Snap. There ought to be some good pedometer apps. My wife uses an IPod Nano that ties around her upper arm so that she can measure distance without having to carry a phone.

Posted via CB10
    Stevendon likes this.
    04-12-15 11:22 PM
    Yeah, that's an idea.
    I've been one of those el cheapo pedometers somewhere here.
    Great to track steps when it works and is adjusted right.
    I know those Fitbit thingies are another option, but I'm told they are more an expensive novelty toy as they lack accuracy, and they will count steps without any steps taken. I'm told as it's a bracelet, it will record arm movements.

I'm still liking the idea of a log app that just records start and stop, but I'm thinking it's a long shot.

Thanks everyone...
    You have all given some great ideas

04-18-15 02:09 PM