Instead of more search options, would it be possible to simply allow custom search URLs? We would type in the full URL and insert %q or something as a placeholder for the search string.
    See the classic Opera desktop browser's implementation of customizable search for an example of how to do that right.
    07-17-13 02:47 AM
    As an example of how necessary it is to be able to change the user-agent:

Using the Yelp webpage has always been annoying with the native BB10 browser because it basically serves you a desktop page that you can't use at all without zooming and scrolling like crazy, and you're even more stuck with that annoying nonsense because Yelp hasn't bothered to make a BB10 app yet.

But all you have to do is load it in Evolution and set the user-agent to "iPhone", and BOOM - the site is now usable. It would be worth the $2 just for that.

Opera struggled with that issue because if everyone ID'd their browser as IE or Firefox, its small marketshare would look even smaller than it was. They settled on offering an "identify as" setting (in addition to the native setting) that had the expected strings for the browser you were emulating, but some additional text that made it clear it was Opera emulating the other browser.

For really pedantic sites that refused to recognize anything but the exact user-agent string the other browser used, they also have a "mask as" setting that provides the exact string if necessary.
    07-17-13 03:05 AM
    Does this browser work with My Homepage as well? They should just be all in one, since you develop both.

Posted via CB10
    I use My Homepage with this browser. Works fine!
    DJRikko likes this.
    07-17-13 10:57 AM
    It's still a little rough, but a wonderful addition to my Z10 and I'm looking forward to seeing it develop over time.

I was thinking of buying it just for the ad blocker, but when I saw we can change the browser agent settings ....... SOLD! Now I can finally browse the Rotten Tomatoes movie website, which was aggressively blocking the native browser (beyond the home page) both directly and through Flixter, by telling it I'm using a desktop machine.

Thanks and please keep up the great work!
    07-17-13 02:00 PM
    Made some solid progress today...

Before:

After:
    Last edited by Shao128; 07-17-13 at 05:07 PM.
    07-17-13 03:39 PM
    New tab interface:

Dealz417 and Ruslan Botsyurko like this.
    07-17-13 07:10 PM
    Version 1.0.8 has been submitted to BB World for approval.

Includes:
    - Fix for text zooming (blurry text)
    - Privacy mode
    - Disable cookies
    - Disable page title popup
    - Custom font sizes
    - New tab interface
    abUdi4, Dealz417 and 11pts like this.
    07-17-13 07:11 PM
    I am finding the landscape to portraits rotation and vice versa isn't working sometimes. Also I would like the address bar to stay hidden all the time unless you swipe down from the top when you have it set to hidden
    07-17-13 07:16 PM
    Love it. Bought it

Would love it if you could make the active Window show the last website you visited

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 07:23 PM
    Thank you for the ad blocking.. worth the $1.99 just for that feature alone...

A few bug reports/feature requests:

1)when you touch the url field, it should be have like the native browser and highlight the entire text field so you can easily just start typing in a new address
    2) bug: video playback in full screen sometime will not go back to Web page view after playing and you get a non responsive black screen and have to terminate the browser and relaunch.
    3) need positive feedback when a link is clicked on: currently, if you click on a link, the browser seems to just freeze with no indication that anything is happening and the a few seconds later, the screen redraws and the link opens..
    4) need to be able to open links in tabs
    5) need feature to open tabs in background vs bringing them up fight away
    6)swipe back/forward navigation gestures interfere with on-page navigation (eg pages with slide-to-scroll content)
    7)need easier tab access: slide down from top like PlayBook or tabs button on bottom bar like native browser
    8) need more than 4 tabs
    9) browser insists on loading mobile content vs desktop content on some Web pages

Posted via CB10
    Ruslan Botsyurko likes this.
    07-17-13 11:22 PM
    Version 1.0.8 has been submitted to BB World for approval.

Includes:
    - Fix for text zooming (blurry text)
    - Privacy mode
    - Disable cookies
    - Disable page title popup
    - Custom font sizes
    - New tab interface

FABULOUS re: the fast text zooming fix, and other additions. This is shaping up to be a real standout app.

My $0.02: re: cookies: Since many websites either fail hard or fail in various abstract ways if cookies are not enabled, my personal preference is to enable them either for session cookies only, or better yet, have a setting where you just throw all the new cookies away on browser close.

I don't really care if a site temporarily sets cookies to save my interactive state with their site while I'm there - what I don't want is long-term cookies and other persistent storage like HTML5 persistent storage and "Flash Cookies" to hang around, allowing all the tracking/data-mining idiots to build detailed transactional histories on me.
    07-17-13 11:39 PM
    FABULOUS re: the fast text zooming fix, and other additions. This is shaping up to be a real standout app.

My $0.02: re: cookies: Since many websites either fail hard or fail in various abstract ways if cookies are not enabled, my personal preference is to enable them either for session cookies only, or better yet, have a setting where you just throw all the new cookies away on browser close.

I don't really care if a site temporarily sets cookies to save my interactive state with their site while I'm there - what I don't want is long-term cookies and other persistent storage like HTML5 persistent storage and "Flash Cookies" to hang around, allowing all the tracking/data-mining idiots to build detailed transactional histories on me.
    I completely agree about the tracking cookies.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 12:35 AM
    I'm curious what technology did you use to write the application? The app setting behaves like it's built in cascades but your tab to the right does not and the browser behaves differently than a webview in cascades (i think)
    07-18-13 02:57 AM
    Hello,

on some website the text is rendered very unfocused.

Example with Evolution web browser:

Same page with default Q10 browser:

The link to the website is: DiePresse.com
    Attached Thumbnails Evolution Web Browser with Ad Blocker - The ultra fast browser-img_00000063.png  
    07-18-13 04:47 AM
    @reneSc: This bug is already fixed, just wait for the update (see Shao's post #30 )

@Shao: First of all thanks very much for another killer app, I've been a fan of your software since the Bold times and now on BB10 you keep the goods coming, kudos to you!!

A few bugs I found - user f_d pretty much named most of them and I can see that you already fixed some.

- Another one is that video doesn't work on 10.2.0.483 (only sound and black screen), I guess you know that once you have "video support (10.1)" in the app description, but still I hope that you will find a way to fix this, now I still have to launch the native browser to watch YouTube.

- After opening menu in BB10 I got used to close it by tapping anywhere outside the menu, it would be great if it was possible in your browser too, instead of tapping Close Menu.

- I miss the tabs icon in the bottom left corner, opening and closing tabs via menu isn't very handy.

- CUSTOM SEARCH - I know it's been mentioned, but I would absolutely pay even more if your browser was capable of custom search like the one in Chrome (keyword "search content", e.g. youtube blackberry Z10 review). And if you manage to get this working, please don't forget about an option to add new search engines, not just use some default. That would be awesome!

- I would change the app icon to just the black and blue globe. The globe looks great, but personally I don't like the frame around it. On the other hand the Active Frame image is very nice.

- A minor one: The back-button (arrow) is not as sharp as in the native browser, looks like it has a lower resolution or is a bit blurred
    Last edited by Ruslan Botsyurko; 07-18-13 at 07:18 AM.
    reneSc likes this.
    07-18-13 07:07 AM
    @reneSc: This bug is already fixed, just wait for the update (see Shao's post #30 )
    Sorry, I slipped this post
    07-18-13 07:19 AM
    Ok I must be missing something obvious but how do you open a link in a new tab? When I press and hold on a link I only get options to copy, share or open in the native browser.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 07:35 AM
    Shao, just an idea that I suggested elsewhere, would it be possible to implement a single thumb zoom so the longer you held your thumb down the more it zooms as I find the double tap zoom never zooms enough and if I then need to pinch and zoom it slows down the 'flow',not sure if this would even be possible though?

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 08:39 AM
    Bought. Looks very promising. Main reason that made me want to try it is that i browse a lot and one of the sites I visit the most, redcafe.net, doesn't render well on the stock browser on my Q10. I am having the same problem on this one, am hoping the updates will fix it.

Also a way to import bookmarks from the stock browser?

And finally, a way to make the menu disappear when the screen on the left is touched rather than select 'close menu' everytime?

I really like the adblock, the speed and the restore tabs function.
    07-18-13 09:41 AM
    I'm not sure how to react on this browser : either 1. If BB10 OS 10.2 has Default Apps, it might outclass the stock browser (unless if the app heavily borrows some elements of the stock browser) or 2. Blackberry might just buy these guys O_o XD

Either way, I'm buying the app after I get past my Credit Card cutoff ;-)
    07-18-13 09:47 AM
    Bought. Looks very promising. Main reason that made me want to try it is that i browse a lot and one of the sites I visit the most, redcafe.net, doesn't render well on the stock browser on my Q10. I am having the same problem on this one, am hoping the updates will fix it.

Also a way to import bookmarks from the stock browser?

And finally, a way to make the menu disappear when the screen on the left is touched rather than select 'close menu' everytime?

I really like the adblock, the speed and the restore tabs function.
    I also visit redcafe.net and this is where I first noticed the blurry text.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 09:58 AM
    Still debating on whether to buy this. The native browser works fine for me but reading reviews it seems like this is good. I think I'll wait for Evolution 2.0.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 10:44 AM
    I just got the app and I really like it but I have a few questions.

1. How do I close a tab?

2. How do I disable the animation that shows the name of the website on the top center when I initially open a particular website?

Thanks.

Also I found a problem that's needs to be fixed..

If you open a browser that does not have a mobile version, if that website has a "flash" video..it won't open..it says that you don't have flash.

But when I open the same "flash" video from the default BlackBerry 10 browser..it will open.

Please fix this!! Thanks

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Q10
    07-19-13 02:13 PM
    Tried it few hours ago. I'm also having issues closing the tabs. o_O
    Perhaps the bigger problem is that there are still showing ads on some web pages.
    And clicking the "Play" button on a video stream on some sites seems to do nothing as well.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 02:46 PM
    Silly question but how you select open in new tab in links and how do you close open tabs?
    07-19-13 10:18 PM
239 1234 ...