Tried that, nothing happened. Stayed the same.

Posted via CB10
    Did u try the script in the stock browser?

If u try a site like redcaafe.net, the script makes an obvious difference.
    08-29-13 05:28 AM
    Did u try the script in the stock browser?

If u try a site like redcaafe.net, the script makes an obvious difference.
    Yes, I did. Nothing changed, like I didn't do anything.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 07:40 AM
    I tried that redcafe.net and still no difference. I must be doing it wrong...

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 08:55 AM
    I tried that redcafe.net and still no difference. I must be doing it wrong...

Posted via CB10
    Do you have a q10 or z10 as it says it only works on the q10?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 09:18 AM
    I got the Z10, that's why...

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 10:28 AM
    Is this happening to anyone? Happens to me all the time when set to Android/iPhone.
    Here is my guess:

Looks like you are using a Q10.

I have never seen an Android device or iPhone with a square screen.

Ergo: most likely web designers who look for a browser user-agent string that looks like an Android or iPhone device, just format it in vertical/rectangular format because that works for most of those devices.

I don't know what they would do for an iPad, presumably the browser user-agent string is slightly different between iPhone and iPad.

It's also possible that Evolution is reporting an incorrect screen resolution when using an alternate Browser Identity setting.

I don't see this on my Z10 on the Yelp site. In fact, Yelp is one of the key reasons why Evolution is so helpful to me - on the stock browser, it's almost completely unusable because it serves a desktop page.
    08-29-13 04:33 PM
    Is it possible to sync bookmarks with desktop Firefox? That would be awesome

Sent from Tapatalk using BlackBerry Z10
    09-10-13 11:17 PM
    Add feature to launch without splash screen.
    09-13-13 03:27 PM
    Improper screen sizing issue also exists with Evolution set to identify as BB10:

Evolution Web Browser with Ad Blocker - The ultra fast browser-img_00000105.png

Attachment 202235

Evolution Web Browser with Ad Blocker - The ultra fast browser-img_00000104.png
    Last edited by adamlau; 09-16-13 at 11:30 AM.
    09-16-13 09:57 AM
    I bought this browser today. The reviews were so good that I could not resist it. Night mode is great. IE user agent is great. I can fully access torontomls.net

Now if i could only import dozens of bookmarks i have in tge stock browser

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 07:12 PM
    Still debating on whether to buy this. The native browser works fine for me but reading reviews it seems like this is good. I think I'll wait for Evolution 2.0.

Posted via CB10
    This browser has many cool features.

Sent from Tapatalk using BlackBerry Z10
    09-16-13 07:52 PM
    Does that app have a Flash player in?
    09-20-13 07:37 AM
    Does that app have a Flash player in?

Not yet. The developer has hinted that it may appear later.
    09-20-13 07:38 PM
    I was able to set EB to launch as the universal search option for Bing/Google/Yahoo. Set it as the default when opening links within Neatly. Done. Reset it back to the stock browser the same way.
    09-22-13 05:02 AM
    Not yet. The developer has hinted that it may appear later.
    Thanks for the reply.

Sadly I had to buy it to discover that

Really hope that the apps's dev will implement Flash Player...even more sadly, I'm sticking to the original browser waiting for the app to get better.
    09-23-13 03:38 AM
    Thanks for the reply.

Sadly I had to buy it to discover that

Really hope that the apps's dev will implement Flash Player...even more sadly, I'm sticking to the original browser waiting for the app to get better.

Personally I think the app, while I have a mental list of things I'd like to see improved, still has a lot of value and my device is far more usable right now with that (in addition to the native browser) than without it.

Also remember that Flash is going away: OS-X and iOS never supported it natively and support has already been essentially dropped for all mobile platforms outside of BlackBerry 10 and less popular platforms like Linux. The last 2 platforms still supporting it much at all are Windows and BlackBerry 10. (the latter basically an older branch that is just on security maintenance status now)

So before long, Flash is not going to be a significant differentiator for most of the web, since any site that wants to be popular will be forced to use something other than Flash for animated, graphical or video content or else forgo a significant chunk of their potential userbase.
    09-23-13 10:52 AM
    Personally I think the app, while I have a mental list of things I'd like to see improved, still has a lot of value and my device is far more usable right now with that (in addition to the native browser) than without it.

Also remember that Flash is going away: OS-X and iOS never supported it natively and support has already been essentially dropped for all mobile platforms outside of BlackBerry 10 and less popular platforms like Linux. The last 2 platforms still supporting it much at all are Windows and BlackBerry 10. (the latter basically an older branch that is just on security maintenance status now)

So before long, Flash is not going to be a significant differentiator for most of the web, since any site that wants to be popular will be forced to use something other than Flash for animated, graphical or video content or else forgo a significant chunk of their potential userbase.
    Thanks for your answer. Yeah I know Flash isn't mobile friendly, but since BB finally get it with BB10 why not take good of it?
    I use flash based sites for Sport streaming content...

But sure that browser get some potentiel and few adds indeed, let's see it the next updates....things can just get better
    09-24-13 04:31 AM
    So, the browser in 10.2 is so good, n makes such a good job of word wrapping, that I have no need for EB.
    Redcafe.net renders really well. Looking forward to further enhancements.
    09-25-13 08:10 AM
    Any news on another update? I was excited when this first came out and was getting regular updates but now they seem to have stopped.

Does anyone know of a better alternative other than the stock browser while waiting for this to be improved?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 01:17 PM
    Have any users found a fix for EB loading half the page on the Q10 ?

I keep having to "L" refresh until it decides to load to the full screen.

I did message the dev on Twitter yesterday but no reply so thought I'd ask the people...

Posted via my CB Q10
    09-28-13 02:32 PM
    I think shao has taken his ball and gone home over headless apps. Which sucks cause of all the people who supported his apps

Posted via CB10
    Ben1232 likes this.
    09-28-13 05:24 PM
    I think shao has taken his ball and gone home over headless apps. Which sucks cause of all the people who supported his apps

Since it would be pretty hard to use a browser as a headless app, not sure what relevance that has here.

Are you suggesting that Shao is completely abandoning BlackBerry software development?
    09-29-13 01:57 AM

Are you suggesting that Shao is completely abandoning BlackBerry software development?
    Yes.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 11:37 AM
    Yes.

Wow.

On the other hand, and not to beat a dead animal or anything, but given recent BlackBerry developments, if that is true he certainly won't be the only one...
    09-30-13 04:01 PM
    Wow.

On the other hand, and not to beat a dead animal or anything, but given recent BlackBerry developments, if that is true he certainly won't be the only one...
    Hey I could be wrong....but blaze basically in a roundabout way said that on a recent podcast. Unless I read between the lines wrong.....but no one has come here to say I was......so ya.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 12:18 AM
239 ... 56789 ...