Bought the App and love it... but the main reason why I wanted it was to use the IPhone HTML 5 Financial Times app (app.ft.com). Unfortunately I can access the content but can't navigate the app and read article. When I click on a button, nothing happens... would love to have this fixed...

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 02:02 PM
    Bought the App and love it... but the main reason why I wanted it was to use the IPhone HTML 5 Financial Times app (app.ft.com). Unfortunately I can access the content but can't navigate the app and read article. When I click on a button, nothing happens... would love to have this fixed...

Did you try changing the "Browser Identity" in settings and reloading that page? That can be a huge help for sites which are designed as if the iPhone or Android are the only mobile browsers in the world.

The app would probably be worth the purchase price to me if that was the only additional feature it offered over native.
    08-02-13 06:37 PM
    Did you try changing the "Browser Identity" in settings and reloading that page? That can be a huge help for sites which are designed as if the iPhone or Android are the only mobile browsers in the world.

The app would probably be worth the purchase price to me if that was the only additional feature it offered over native.
    Yes I set the user agent as IPhone. I get the app to open but cannot really use it.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 08:32 AM
    I can't download from the browser. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 11:58 AM
    New version out but not sure what is fixed as it just said small bug fixes.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 03:12 AM
    Mine won't connect to BBM after update, so can't launch it

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 08:52 AM
    I would really like to see Shao respond to this thread as I think although this is a promising browser it has a lot of issues that have meant I am using the default browser again.

Maybe the desire to improve this isn't there as this is already very popular in BlackBerry world.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 06:35 AM
    Is there a way to open a link in a new tab? Holding down on a link only gives me the options: "copy", "share", or "open in browser".
    08-14-13 09:13 AM
    I would really like to see Shao respond to this thread as I think although this is a promising browser it has a lot of issues that have meant I am using the default browser again.

Maybe the desire to improve this isn't there as this is already very popular in BlackBerry world.

Given that he just released a new version with a bunch of new features (See Crackberry article from today), I would say your claim that he isn't improving it isn't true at all.

I agree that there are several things I would like to see improved too, but already some of the functionality on this app is already in a class by itself, one of the reasons it's one of the biggest selling apps in BBW already. But Shao is one of the most prolific BB10 app developers, so I assume he's got various other apps that he needs to give attention to as well.
    08-14-13 07:10 PM
    I agree that it is better than any other browser app available but it still has major issues. I would be very surprised if most people who download it use it as their main browser. Lots of the new features mentioned were already there in the previous version as well.

I agree that Shao is one of the most prolific developers but maybe that is why he doesn't have time to fix all the problems with all his apps, I still have a problem with the wallpaper changer app getting the battery percentage stuck.

I would just like to see him more active on the forums so he can respond to our queries and concerns as I do think this has the potential to replace the stock browser but not in its current form.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 01:30 AM
    I have noticed this problem: when i open google and view images for lets say Amanda Bynes, i get a group of images and they all look clear and precise. However, when i click on one of the images it loads blurry. In order to clear up the image, i have to then click on the " Full-size image" option in the upper right corner to get a clear image. I tested this in the native browser and the native browser always loads a clear image. I am using the Q10.
    08-15-13 07:51 AM
    I have noticed this problem: when i open google and view images for lets say Amanda Bynes, i get a group of images and they all look clear and precise. However, when i click on one of the images it loads blurry. In order to clear up the image, i have to then click on the " Full-size image" option in the upper right corner to get a clear image. I tested this in the native browser and the native browser always loads a clear image. I am using the Q10.
    Same on Z10 too

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 12:12 PM
    Thanks for the update Shao, appreciate adding startpage.com as a search engine. I would love to know what the other minor fixes are and what you have planned in the future as I am still using the stock browser more often due to the following issues:

Not being able to zoom in very far

Lag sometimes between pressing a link and the status bar coming up

Wrong links being selected when zoomed in sometimes

Phone getting very hot when this browser is being used.

I would love to see the following implemented as well if possible.

Single thumb zooming in the same way that Bemaps pro uses

No need to zoom out to use the forward or back gesture.

I feel this browser has soooo much potential but not quite there yet although it is the best browser in appworld still.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 01:42 AM
    I will ask again for the third time:

How do you open a link in a new tab?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 06:34 AM
    I will ask again for the third time:
    How do you open a link in a new tab?

Posted via CB10
    That feature isn't added yet.
    08-22-13 10:05 AM
    That feature isn't added yet.
    Ok, fair enough. Thank you for responding! Hopefully it will be added in the near future. That is the one missing feature that prevents Evolution from becoming my primary browser.
    08-22-13 10:32 AM
    Bought the browser after it was first posted here but have yet to make it my main browser; the lack of 'new tab' feature and the 'word wrap' issues mean i've stuck to the stock browser.
    08-24-13 02:11 AM
    Ok, fair enough. Thank you for responding! Hopefully it will be added in the near future. That is the one missing feature that prevents Evolution from becoming my primary browser.

The funny thing is he is not the app developer.

Bought the browser after it was first posted here but have yet to make it my main browser; the lack of 'new tab' feature and the 'word wrap' issues mean i've stuck to the stock browser.

In my case I also cannot use it as the "sole" browser for those reasons and others, but it is nonetheless a very useful addition to the stock browser that I am glad is available. There are sites like eBay and Yelp that are practically useless to me without it.
    08-25-13 05:49 PM
    The stick browser had word wrap?

Posted from my Zed 10
    08-25-13 06:19 PM
    The stick browser had word wrap?

Posted from my Zed 10
    I wish it did. I miss that from my 9810.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 06:58 PM
    I wish it did. I miss that from my 9810.

Posted via CB10
    There's a script available, I posted it a few pages back.
    08-26-13 04:13 PM
    There's a script available, I posted it a few pages back.
    Tried that, nothing happened. Stayed the same.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 05:22 PM
    Is this happening to anyone? Happens to me all the time when set to Android/iPhone.
    08-28-13 01:08 AM
    Is this happening to anyone? Happens to me all the time when set to Android/iPhone.
    Is what happening?
    08-28-13 08:19 AM
    Looks as if CB10 failed to attach the image where only half the screen is being used...
    Attached Thumbnails Evolution Web Browser with Ad Blocker - The ultra fast browser-img_00000058.png  
    08-28-13 03:06 PM
239 ... 45678 ...