I purchased this app and love it but is there a faster way to Access the tabs? ...I was thinking maybe a 2 finger swipe down from the top to get the tabs would be a nice feature

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 10:19 PM
    Shao, great app, thanks for the ad block, I was waiting for this for a long time. But is it possible, when you stream a video on some pages with heavy ads, when you click play, the ad opens on same tab, so it's a blank page because the ad block is doing his job. My request is it should open on new tab, so I still can click play on the main page of the video, because the "ad" already open in new tab.

Posted via CB10
    RafiqK likes this.
    07-19-13 11:56 PM
    Shao, great app, thanks for the ad block, I was waiting for this for a long time. But is it possible, when you stream a video on some pages with heavy ads, when you click play, the ad opens on same tab, so it's a blank page because the ad block is doing his job. My request is it should open on new tab, so I still can click play on the main page of the video, because the "ad" already open in new tab.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly!! Hope it's fixed soon

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Q10
    07-20-13 01:14 AM
    Here's my suggestion; when we start a universal search would it be possible to have your browser as an option for the application with which to open? Once it is selected I'm envisioning the browser searches using the default search provider we've set in the app itself.

For example Playepub reader can be listed as an option and then selected when you start searching.

Evolution Web Browser with Ad Blocker - The ultra fast browser-img_00000377.png

Evolution Web Browser with Ad Blocker - The ultra fast browser-img_00000378.png

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 10:30 PM
    Google keeps asking me to access my location every time I open the app, will this be fixed in the next update.

Also the sidebar menu should close normally, not through a button within the menu.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 10:54 PM
    Hi, one question: in addition to the add blocking do you also block tracking bugs and cookies, similar to easy privacy list or Ghostery?

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 05:17 AM
    I've been reading about one thing that is holding me back from purchase of this app. Is it true that you must first open the native browser and then open Evolution in order to use it? Is there any way to go directly to the browser without the extra step(s)?
    Thanks.
    07-22-13 07:30 AM
    I've been reading about one thing that is holding me back from purchase of this app. Is it true that you must first open the native browser and then open Evolution in order to use it? Is there any way to go directly to the browser without the extra step(s)?
    Thanks.
    Not sure where you read that, It's not true.

The Evolution Browser has its own homescreen icon so can be launched directly, it's separate to the default browser, it doesn't need to be open or started first.

URL links can be opened directly in the Evolution Browser by holding down on the link, then selecting the 'Open in' option then choosing the evolution browser. Shao is looking into making it open links by default.

I'm going to try to set it up as the default browser when you click a link.
    The only thing that is not possible at the moment is opening homescreen web shortcuts directly in the Evolution Browser, but this might be made possible with 10.2

You would need to register Evolution as the default content handler for http://. System limitation, nothing apps can do about it until 10.2
    Its a fantastic browser and it will only get better as Shao is improving it with swift updates, update 1.0.8 should be available very soon which is a very good update... very much looking forward to it!

Version 1.0.8 has been submitted to BB World for approval.

Includes:
    - Fix for text zooming (blurry text)
    - Privacy mode
    - Disable cookies
    - Disable page title popup
    - Custom font sizes
    - New tab interface
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Dealz417; 07-22-13 at 08:53 AM.
    07-22-13 08:28 AM
    Great browser, got it and i'm very happy with it. Loving that the dev is totally kicking *** in improving it fast and listening to the users. Thanks!

Sent from the Dark Side
    07-22-13 08:38 AM
    Anybody received the update yet? I'm still having blurry text on lots of web pages

Posted via CB10 with my great Q10
    07-22-13 12:42 PM
    Anybody received the update yet? I'm still having blurry text on lots of web pages

Posted via CB10 with my great Q10
    Just manually checked again, not yet available for me either.

Sent from the Dark Side
    07-22-13 05:03 PM
    I hope they fix the don't problem being all blurry and the flash problem.

Once fixed I'll be the perfect browser. Currently I am going back and forth from the default BlackBerry browser and then one until it's fixed.

07-22-13 05:48 PM
    Version 1.0.8 has been submitted to BB World for approval.

Includes:
    - Fix for text zooming (blurry text)
    - Privacy mode
    - Disable cookies
    - Disable page title popup
    - Custom font sizes
    - New tab interface
    As a developer, we all face the issue with text zooming being blurry in WebViews.. You mentioned that you reached out to BlackBerry to help you fix this problem? Would you be willing to share with us how it's fixed, because it's definitely something that's wrong on BlackBerry's end..

Great job on the App BTW. Love watching it slowly grow (:

Thanks!
    07-22-13 08:17 PM
    Hey guys, bought this app. Only one problem, I can't view any videos. I can only hear the audio and the screen is black. Doesn't matter what site I'm on. It's even happening on YouTube. Shao, please fix! I bought this browser to get a better video experience and I have 0 video capability.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 10:31 PM
    Update is liveeeeeee. Thanks MK3 Shao Kahn.

Evolution Web Browser with Ad Blocker - The ultra fast browser-img_00006443.png

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 02:02 AM
    I have downloaded the update, these are my thoughts.

Tapping anywhere off the overflow menu closes the menu

Privacy mode added

Tabs display better

More choices of search engine

Less blurry text

Still needs improvement
    Some pages still are blurry,see below

Not able to clear cookies on exit

It would be nice to be able to view cookies before choosing which to delete

Can't reorder bookmarks

Doesn't have startpage.com as a search engine

Address bar colours don't seem to change if you change the option

Font size doesn't seem to change even if you change the default

Still seems to lag before the status bar comes up before it loads a page.

The reader option sometimes brings up old pages rather than the one you are on.

Wish you didn't have to zoom all the way out before being able to swipe to go back

I am sure Shao is aware of some of these and will address them but it is definitely progressing along the right lines.

Evolution Web Browser with Ad Blocker - The ultra fast browser-img_00000222.png

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 02:09 AM
    Update is liveeeeeee. Thanks MK3 Shao Kahn.

Ahh... installed.

Fuzzy text zooming does seem to be fixed.

I still have something that happens where when it hits the limit of its zoom range it forces a re-position of the page. But the zoom fix makes a big improvement, no doubt about it.

Also, the tab interface is greatly improved. The old one was driving me crazy.

Some functions seem a little sluggish, take a while to recognize a finger press for example, but overall this is awfully impressive for a brand-new release.
    RafiqK likes this.
    07-23-13 02:32 AM
    Thanks for the update- others have noted quite a few outstanding issues, and I've found at least one related to zooming when the UA string has been changed: when I had the UA set to a desktop mode, google.com loaded up with a huge font that was off the screen, and I could not scroll/pan over, nor could I pinch to resize..

In terms of usability, the new tab interface is far better and much less cumbersome to access than the old one, but to make tabs usable, you *MUST* put in an "open link in new tab" feature (and also allow to open tabs in background vs. automatically switching to new tab). Another usability tweak is to fix the text entry to be consistent with the native browser (and just about every other browser on every other platform) so that when you touch the address field, it highlights the entire field so you can just type over what was there (ie, to enter a new URL) vs. the current behaviour of just placing the cursor in the middle of the existing URL, and you have to go and select and delete before typing a new URL.. These two fixes I would consider high priority due to the usability aspect- I can wait on fixes for just about everything else, but if I can't easily open links in tabs and I can't easily type in new URLs, the browser is too cumbersome to use and even though I highly value the ad blocking capability and ability to change UA, I'm still using the native browser because the user interface is faster to use (ie, I don't care that it loads or renders a page faster; the user interface must be as fast or faster as well: if it takes me twice as long to enter a URL or if there's no feature to open links in new tabs other than manually switching to a tab and selecting and deleting the default URL and then manually typing a new one).. Please, please, please, fix these, then if you raise the price to $5.99, I'd still pay for it..
    07-23-13 11:37 AM
    Hey guys. After the update my homepage is like this now. Shao, is this a setting option to change to dark text? How can I fix this.

Evolution Web Browser with Ad Blocker - The ultra fast browser-img_00006445.png

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 12:41 PM
    Just installed the update and found another problem - this time with Gmail. I have the browser identify as Android (maybe this is my mistake?), and I logged into Gmail because I needed to find an old email. I entered the search criteria, and a list of old emails came up.

My problem - I couldn't scroll down the list and select an email that was below the first screen. It kept bouncing me back to the first screen. Unfortunately, I had to use the BB browser to find the email I was looking for, which was far down the list.

I didn't try repeating this exercise using iOS ID.

Is there a simple solution?

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 12:58 PM
    Hey guys. After the update my homepage is like this now. Shao, is this a setting option to change to dark text? How can I fix this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00006445.png 
Views:	1093 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	185368

Posted via CB10
    Me problem and another recent update was released and fixed this issue

nikgilbe likes this.
    07-23-13 01:18 PM
    Wow. Another update in less than 24 hours.
    Evolution Web Browser with Ad Blocker - The ultra fast browser-img_00006446.png

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 01:37 PM
    Hey Shao,

I have a feature request. Can you add on a setting where we can turn page load animations off? Meaning when I go to a new page, the new page fades onto the screen. I like it but it gets annoying when u do heavy browsing. Or Os this already a feature?

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 04:12 PM
    Ignore. Found it.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 04:15 PM
    Hey guys, sorry I've been absent from this thread for a few days. I've quite literally spent all my free time working on all the new features in the app.

I've made note of all the suggestions in the thread and I will work on adding them as quickly as possible as long as there are no technical barriers.

Also just to note 1.0.11 was approved last night, but had a bug in it so 1.0.12 was pushed through during the day today, so if you have .11 check for updates on BB World.

I submitted .11 last night so it would get approved overnight while I was working on the new "night" mode option. The night mode wasn't ready for .11 and I thought I had it all disabled but some code snuck in there. So I finished it up (still more improvements to come) and thats what's in .12.
    07-23-13 04:26 PM
239 12345 ...