App Name: Evolution Web Browser with Ad Block

Summary: Evolution Browser brings next generation browsing to BlackBerry� 10.

Evolution Browser brings features not seen in other browser such as ad blocking and lightning mode for faster browsing. Not only does the ad blocker remove ads from pages, but they are never loaded in the first place saving you data. Other features included being able to change your user agent, you can quickly make websites think you are browsing from a different device or even desktop. When scrolling the address bar at the bottom hides itself (can be turned off) giving you full screen browsing. Gestures allow you to swipe to navigate back and forth. You can even scroll on a web page using your volume keys. On top of all that Evolution Browser is FAST, using lightning mode page loading times are decreased.

The intuitive and beautiful interface makes it easy to get things done quicker. Coupled with smooth animations and transitions there is simply no other browser like it.

Here are just some of the features included with Evolution Browser, features that can be turned on and off are listed as option:

• Ad blocking (option)
    • Lightning mode (speeds up loading times) (option)
    • Tabbed browsing
    • Hide address bar when scrolling (option)
    • Gestures (option)
    • Scroll with volume keys, short press for 1 page, long press for top/bottom (option)
    • History
    • Bookmarks
    • Reader mode
    • Page transitions (option)
    • Change user agent
    • Disable Javascript
    • Backup/Restore settings
    • Multiple tabs
    • Restore tabs on start up from previous session
    • Share (share page via BBM, Twitter, Facebook etc)
    • System integrated, when long pressing on a url in email, BBM etc Evo Browser will show as an option to open in
    • Find on page (search for text on page)
    • Address bar doubles as Google search bar
    • Auto-fill forms (OS 10.1)
    • Video support (OS 10.1)

The built in help will walk you through all the settings and configuration options available in Evolution Browser. So what are you waiting for? Get Evolution Browser today! Did we mention how fast it is?

More features and additions are planned and coming soon and will be a free upgrade to existing customers.

Link to BB World Listing: BlackBerry World - Evolution Web Browser with Ad Blocker

Price: $1.99

Last edited by Shao128; 07-15-13 at 07:55 PM.
    07-15-13 04:13 PM
    This looks sweeeet! BlackBerry should take some notes!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-15-13 04:27 PM
    Nice!
    You can masquerade as a desktop in the regular BlackBerry Browser, but the ad blocker is what really sets this apart.
    Does Lightening Mode work by caching webpages? If so, can you clear that cache?
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-15-13 04:29 PM
    requested cobtent not found
    07-15-13 04:35 PM
    Does Lightening Mode work by caching webpages? If so, can you clear that cache?
    Nope, it doesn't preload anything if that is what you are asking. I'll bbm you
    07-15-13 04:39 PM
    requested cobtent not found

Hmm, might not have propagated to all the BB World servers yet then. It's showing up for me in Canada.
    07-15-13 04:40 PM
    ok, will check later and see what happens
    07-15-13 04:41 PM
    Hmm, might not have propagated to all the BB World servers yet then. It's showing up for me in Canada.
    Not showing up for me either USA
    Evolution Web Browser with Ad Blocker - The ultra fast browser-img_00000017.png

Posted from my lovely BlackBerry Z10
    07-15-13 06:26 PM
    It's not unusual for an app to take 12 hours or more to filly propagate across the BlackBerry World servers. It'll be available soon. I'll definitely be picking this one up, excited for ad blocking (that was you CrackBerry )
    07-15-13 06:36 PM
    Wow, looks great! I'll give it a try.
    07-15-13 07:14 PM
    Just a quick heads up to people who get the message "Requested Content Not Found" (I got this same message clicking the link above) you should try going into BlackBerry World directly then the tab 'Applications' > then scroll down to 'New Arrivals' and you should see/find it there... I saw it there 1st row 3rd icon.

Attachment 182985

You could also try this link...

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/32179888

As for the browser it look awesome, can't wait to try it. Thanks Shao!

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 07:36 PM
    How are you blocking the ads? Curious from a tech point of view

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 07:41 PM
    The only app I ever bought on BBOS was Shao's Leave It On. Now his browser is the only app I've purchased on BB10.

Keep the hits coming!

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-15-13 07:58 PM
    @Shao I have left a post in this thread...

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=783183

I think maybe your input is needed to the developer to help make my request in that thread possible.

I'd like home screen web shortcuts to use your browser to launch websites rather than the default browser.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 09:45 PM
    You would need to register Evolution as the default content handler for http://. System limitation, nothing apps can do about it until 10.2
    Dealz417 likes this.
    07-15-13 09:56 PM
    Just downloaded it and it's noticeably faster than the built in browser. However, I found a minor bug:

I was on my banking website (desktop version, this bank doesn't seem to have a mobile site), and I had to zoom in on the text. The transaction involved selecting from drop-down lists. As soon as I touched a selection, the zoomed screen moved to the top left corner of the Web page. I had to manually move back to the next drop-down list, and the same thing happened as soon as I touched the list. Annoying.

Shao, if you want more details, please PM me and we can exchange PINs, email addresses or phone numbers.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 10:30 PM
    Very interested in this browser just to save me data when ads are blocked

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 10:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm also interested in the answer if this too.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 05:21 PM
    I've bought this and do like it (apart from the blurry text while zoomed in). One major omission from the stock browser is the Next button while in forms. Any chance of adding this in a future update?

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 05:28 PM
    Does this browser work with My Homepage as well? They should just be all in one, since you develop both.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-16-13 07:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's a combination of host blocking so that the ads are never loaded. As well as some page manipulation to attempt to remove any white space where the ad would have been.
    VR6 likes this.
    07-16-13 08:31 PM
    Ok. I'll try to answer all the other questions here

I'll see about adding the buttons for forms.
    It integrates into the update of the My Homepage app (check for updates in BlackBerry World to get it).

I'm going to try to set it up as the default browser when you click a link.

I've been busy coding all day and posted a small update v1.0.6 (awaiting approval) which includes some small bug fixes and the option to disable the page title update. After i submitted that I've completed:
    Private browsing option
    Font size selector
    And some behind the scenes changes

I'm working on the text zooming, I've reached out to BlackBerry developer relations for assistance and they are looking to see what's possible.

On my immediate list to do is:
    Redesign tab interface
    Add more options for search
    Improve bookmarks

there are a lot more things I have plans for but this is what I hope to accomplish by the weekend.
    Dealz417 and jaydee5799 like this.
    07-16-13 08:33 PM
    That list should keep you out of trouble for a while...
    07-16-13 08:53 PM
    Instead of more search options, would it be possible to simply allow custom search URLs? We would type in the full URL and insert %q or something as a placeholder for the search string.

So for example, Google.ca would be http://www.google.ca/search?q=%q

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    NinjaBread likes this.
    07-16-13 09:52 PM
    Instead of more search options, would it be possible to simply allow custom search URLs? We would type in the full URL and insert %q or something as a placeholder for the search string.

So for example, Google.ca would be http://www.google.ca/search?q=%q

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Was going to suggest this for your homepage app Shao.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 12:23 AM
239 123 ...