I personally think it's a great browser, although it does lack done features (my understanding is there's no way to increase implement those missing features).

Calling someone a crook over a $2 app seems s little steep IMO.
    02-26-14 02:46 PM
    It's not only my 2$, he's cheating and many others have also payed the 2$ because of wrong information!
    If someone likes an app or not is everyone's own opinion but I don't want to be cheated on in any way.
    So, calling him a crook is even pretty mild in this case!
    02-27-14 02:35 AM
    Wow, I love this browser, mostly for the adblocker, which is a godsend. My only wish is that I wish the adblocker were customizable like the Firefox plugin is.

I can watch youtube videos on it, so it must have some Flash support. I haven't had a problem with it.

I also like its use of Readermode - great for websites which don't automatically render well on mobile devices.

Since I had been told earlier that the developer seemed to have stopped work on it, I was thrilled to see this was not the case when the recent update became available.

Keep your fingers off this browser! It's slow, sluggish, doesn't support flash and has all other kinds of bugs and annoyances!
    If you report this or make other constructive comments in BBW, your comments will be deleted by the dev! I wasted my money on this browser because there were almost only 5* ratings (few 4*). The I figured that everything else is deleted by the dev. himself! ShaoSoft is screwing the whole community and nobody does anything to prevent this fraud! I hope we can get this guy out of business somehow!

My Q10, SQN100-2, running 10.2.1.2141 :-)
    02-27-14 04:39 AM
    Keep your fingers off this browser!

Always a pleasure to see people try to order others to do something, especially when it's a questionable personal crusade of theirs.

It's slow, sluggish, doesn't support flash and has all other kinds of bugs and annoyances!

Whereas I think it is snappier than the native browser in many ways, especially since it blocks garbage ads that are even MORE important to block on a mobile device, yet mobile web browsers are generally in the stone age in that respect so far.

If you report this or make other constructive comments in BBW, your comments will be deleted by the dev!

This is really an issue with BlackBerry World - they allow developers to remove comments for really questionable reasons. It's rampant, and it sux. But it is not Shao's fault individually. There are many discussions about this on CB forums.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-stop-804096/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...bscene-818195/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-will-799521/

The only thing good about this browser is the ad-block feature, everything else is way worse then the built-in browser.

I disagree, as stated above.

If you want to waste your money, it's up to you, be warned again, this dev. is a crook!

You might want to calm down there pardner, before you burst a blood vessel or something.
    tryfe and Ragbert like this.
    02-27-14 06:00 AM
    I can watch youtube videos on it, so it must have some Flash support.

It's been at least a couple of years since YouTube required Flash to view videos.

Nowadays the default format is HTML5 video, or Flash if your browser supports it but doesn't support HTML5.
    Ragbert likes this.
    02-27-14 06:06 AM
    Omnitech, you just don't seem to understand or maybe you're just among the same paid writers...
    02-27-14 01:07 PM
    Of course it's Shaos fault, he is cheating! Too hard to get this? Duuuuhhhh
    02-27-14 01:09 PM
    You do realize you can request a refund from BlackBerry right?
    Some people like Evolution browser. I like it, even though I think the stock browser is better. If you don't like it, get a refund an call it a day.
    02-27-14 02:11 PM
    Evolution could be better (flash support, open-in-new-tab support, etc..) but someone seems to have a personal beef with the developer.
    02-27-14 02:13 PM
    I like the Evolution browser. Use it mainly with the Chrome desktop browser identity string while I use BlackBerry's browser for my usual mobile sites.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 02:33 PM
    Ah ok, good to know, thank you. I don't spend huge amounts of time on youtube but I'm glad to know Flash is no longer the default. One more reason to be happy with the Evolution browser, if it supports video sans Flash.

It's been at least a couple of years since YouTube required Flash to view videos.

Nowadays the default format is HTML5 video, or Flash if your browser supports it but doesn't support HTML5.

02-27-14 02:41 PM
    Ah ok, good to know, thank you. I don't spend huge amounts of time on youtube but I'm glad to know Flash is no longer the default.

It's a good thing since Steve Jobs was dead-set against Flash in Apple products. If it did require Flash, most Apple users wouldn't be able to use the site.
    02-27-14 04:46 PM
    Omnitech, you just don't seem to understand or maybe you're just among the same paid writers...

I understand perfectly well. You think Shao is morally bankrupt because he deleted some negative reviews of yours, and you didn't like the product that you spent all of $2 on.

I got it.

It's annoying that developers can remove reviews in BlackBerry World for stupid reasons, but Shao is hardly unique in that respect, as the threads I posted links to demonstrate.

I sure hope your reviews were composed in a respectful way and provided good foundation for their claims. Otherwise I wouldn't blame him for removing them.

Evolution, to me, is a fabulous addition to a BB10 device, for 2 things: the ability to change the user-agent string, and the ad-blocker.

The user-agent feature allows a ton of lousy-designed websites that would NEVER WORK PROPERLY on the native browser - because they use poorly-implemented browser sniffing - to work fine. Case in point: Yelp. Almost useless on the native browser, works perfect with Evolution when you set the user-agent to emulate iPhone or Android.

This is especially important because Yelp has so far refused to write a native app for BB10.

So you just keep waving your hands around telling people to do what you want them to. I will just sit here and make my device more productive with a truly useful product.
    02-27-14 04:53 PM
    Oh yes, I remember the brouhaha when Apple browsers stopped using Flash. I always had PCs but I thought that was a pretty gutsy move.

It's a good thing since Steve Jobs was dead-set against Flash in Apple products. If it did require Flash, most Apple users wouldn't be able to use the site.

02-28-14 05:02 AM
239 ... 8910