07-27-14 05:44 AM
62 123
tools
    I messaged them the workaround I wrote earlier and they emailed me they are working on a solution and the workaround might help them locate the error

Posted via CB10
    endevour likes this.
    07-08-14 04:46 AM
    The work around is to start the app if you get not GPS, hit the lock screen button and then unlock it. The GPS should activate. Works for my Z10. This has been confirmed by people commenting on BlackBerry World reviews.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 01:07 PM
    Is there the gpg problem only in BlackBerry or even on Android/iOS?

Posted via CB10
    Android version works fine, for me. It is clunky and slow.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 05:24 PM
    I just installed endomondo using snap and it seems that the app recognised that I am using a BlackBerry and the removed features (live maps and social network sharing) are disabled.

Seems from now on they are just going to develop one version for android... good news since we'll get new features faster. bad news if you are hoping for a native app

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 03:16 PM
    I just installed endomondo using snap and it seems that the app recognised that I am using a BlackBerry and the removed features (live maps and social network sharing) are disabled.

Seems from now on they are just going to develop one version for android... good news since we'll get new features faster. bad news if you are hoping for a native app

Posted via CB10
    The Snap version is almost the same as the BBW version. Delete it and install the Amazon version - it's android, but it does work and has the features that recent releases took away.

Endomondo needs to restore functionality or I won't renew my premium subscription.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 06:02 PM
    Yah, it's really too bad. Loved this app.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 05:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think they check for Google Play Services, without them the app is crippled. It's the same with one of my bare android phones (those not containing play store/services).
    It might be a move in the right direction since Amazon store has it's own implementation for e.g. push, maps and stuff Source can be found here.
    I really hope they're going to implement the fallbacks for non-google android phones aehm... BlackBerry phones. Actually it's not that hard!
    07-16-14 01:47 AM
    I think they fixed the GPS issue finally. Haven't tested it yet but an update is available

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 02:23 PM
    They did fix the GPS issue!! Just installed and tested. Wonder if the audio is also fixed so I can here my interval times again .
    07-24-14 03:11 PM
    Just got out of the office and tested GPS. Locks almost instantly. The rest of the app is snappy.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 04:04 PM
    Soooo glad I never updated this app in the first place. I usually love updating apps but this was a lesson in reading the feedback before hitting that update button. Would hate to lose the mapping features.

Posted via CB10
    niss63 and Lendo like this.
    07-25-14 10:53 PM
    Soooo glad I never updated this app in the first place. I usually love updating apps but this was a lesson in reading the feedback before hitting that update button. Would hate to lose the mapping features.

Posted via CB10
    It was a huge disappointment for sure.
    07-27-14 05:44 AM
62 123