Seriously? WTF is wrong with you people? There is a perfectly excellent Native BB fitness tracker in Casca Run. Drop the Endomondo crap and try CascaRun. In fact, just buy the damn app, it supports HRM and calories and audio feedback and sharing to FB. And if you want a backend, then go ahead and export to Endomondo. It's what I do and it works fine. I mean it, Endomondo does not give a rat's arse about you or your fitness. Leave them be and move on to something better. And one more thing; I've noticed that the more folks that buy and use CascaRun the more active the developer has been. So buy the app and help yourself and every other BB fitness enthusiast.
    I already paid for that app, but I currently don't use it since there is no web frontend available. Already used it on my Playbook btw.
    and as hard as it sounds I need something cross platform for my team.
    Trust me on this, I have bought every single native fitness app on BlackBerry, being a developer myself I still try to support other devs.
    Lendo likes this.
    07-03-14 03:11 AM
    Just a hint, go to endomondo.com and set up your sharing there! Works flawless for me. Is there a reason you need your device to share it per facebook app?
    I only like to share some of my activity and I like an individual level of control per workout. Its not much to ask really, I had it previously and now I don't. I'm not one for boring people with every workout I do on my Facebook wall.

After testing RunKeeper from amazon its a maybe - it froze on me and had the "wait or close" prompt come up.

Looking at CascaRun I would rather spend my money supporting a native developer and it looks good. I just want to know what their social sharing looks like.

If I want a cloud to process my info further I can always export, in that case I might just switch to Strava, I supported Endomondo on BB10 then they broke it for me. Their response to my issue is just a joke really so I now know where I stand when it comes to dealing with them.
    07-03-14 03:51 AM
    While we are on the subject though, I thought I would share this website with you all. I have found it VERY useful for trying out the various other services wibsites with my data I downloaded from Endomondo.

Simply connect to your dropbox account and put the gpx or tcx files in a folder called running inside the app folder.

Then sign up and connect to say strava or runkeeper etc and sync your data

https://tapiriik.com/
    07-03-14 04:48 AM
    Well this is the sort of reply I like, someone who tells me the features of a native app.

Tell me, does the audio coach still work when music plays?

I will give it a try on the fre version first. I have no objection to buying a decent app if it caters for my needs.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. There are options here too. I use attenuate music.
    codiak likes this.
    07-03-14 07:00 AM
    Updated to v1.0.141.0 and GPS tracking is broken. App launches and the UI seems nicer but it's useless with out the tracking functionality. Hope they fix this soon. Unloading/re-loading does not fix it.
    07-03-14 10:53 AM
    I had some tracking success but it looks like you are not alone!

I wrote my thoughts on the matter here as a rant more than anything else!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/homepag...e-fall-943446/
    07-03-14 11:26 AM
    Well I will finish off by telling you that RunKeeper is my new app, tracked just fine and the audio coach is easier on the ears speaking much clearer and slower. It works just fine when music is playing.

I could choose to update facebook or not at the end of the run and that's covered all my needs.

I just hope they don't go on to break it with a newer version in the Amazon store at some point!

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 03:47 PM
    I used preach so many good things about Endo' I have tried all the apps you see here plus more on the iphone.
    But it's gotten to the point I just use my parks mile markers and time my runs by watch.

Endomondo BB10 updated - issues so far-img_20140703_175226.png

Casca Run is good but the gps is constantly lost with the slightes tree cover.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 04:54 PM
    Just received this from Endomondo support which worked for me:

Please try uninstalling the app, reboot the phone and reinstall the app. That will give you a fresh installation and often solve problems like this one.

Please note that we have had to disable the live map in the new version. You are most likely still able to get a GPS fix - you can check that by looking at the little indicator below the "play" button on the home screen.

If this icon never turns green please go to Endomondo app settings -> tap "Location Settings" -> this will bring up the phone GPS settings -> Hit "edit app permissions" and make sure Endomondo is allowed to use GPS. If you can't toggle that option, please check with your phone provider.
    07-04-14 09:15 AM
    Well I just deleted my Endomondo account - their loss not mine.
    07-04-14 11:06 AM
    Just received this from Endomondo support which worked for me:

Please try uninstalling the app, reboot the phone and reinstall the app. That will give you a fresh installation and often solve problems like this one.

Please note that we have had to disable the live map in the new version. You are most likely still able to get a GPS fix - you can check that by looking at the little indicator below the "play" button on the home screen.

If this icon never turns green please go to Endomondo app settings -> tap "Location Settings" -> this will bring up the phone GPS settings -> Hit "edit app permissions" and make sure Endomondo is allowed to use GPS. If you can't toggle that option, please check with your phone provider.
    This is a Windows XP solution, not valid on BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 11:57 AM
    I too had the same problems many of you are reporting. Jump to point 3 to see my solution, which works on my Q10.

1). Had to uninstall Endomondo, reboot & reinstall to get the new version to launch.

2). Once launched the GPS fix did not work. It is not my first day with my Q10: Permissions were not the problem and location services were active.

3). Finally fixed it by uninstalling again and loading up the latest version from Google play via Snap. It launches and the GPS works. I understand sharing to Facebook won't work with this version but I rarely do that anyway.

It is sad when apps on (GooglePlay+Snap) work better than the BB10 versions pushed out through AppWorld.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 02:24 PM
    Here's my conversation with Endomondo :

Original Message:
    Subject: [Endomondo] Re: BlackBerry 10 app

Jim B
    Jul 02 13:21

Updated yesterday and now the app won't open. Please fix this.

This email is a service from Endomondo. Delivered by Zendesk.

Endo Brooke (Endomondo)
    Jul 02 14:35

Hi Jim,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Please try these steps:
    Uninstall the app, reboot the phone, reinstall the app. This will give you a fresh installation, which will often fix issues like this.

Cheers,

Brooke

Jim B
    Jul 02 15:31

Brooke,

Thanks for the reply. I uninstalled the app, rebooted the phone, and reinstalled the app as suggested. That did help, as the app will now open.

However, it doesn't track information as it once did. Even though location services are on, it appears that the GPS function within the app does not work at all, so all calculations requiring GPS do not work.

Please advise.

Jim

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

Endo Brooke (Endomondo)
    Jul 03 09:26

Hi Jim,

There were many changes made with the latest release. The live map tracking is no longer available however, the GPS should still work.

Regards,
    Brooke

Jim B
    Jul 03 13:50

Hi Brooke,

I see. There are several features that are no longer functional or available since the update. I'm not sure why Endomondo has chosen to disable the app in such a way, but I am not pleased.

How do I apply to receive a refund on the unused portion of my subscription?

Thanks,

Jim

Endo Brooke (Endomondo)
    Jul 03 15:55

Hi Jim,

We cleaned up the app for BlackBerry and have removed features that were incompatible.

Unfortunately, as noted in our terms, we cannot offer to refund Premium payments.

Until your current term expires, we do hope you will enjoy the Premium features available to you.

Regards,

Brooke

Jim B
    Jul 03 16:06

Well, that's quite a "gotcha."

The features that have been removed worked fine on my BlackBerry 10 phone, which is why I went ahead and subscribed to the premium service. However, a month or so later, Endomondo removes the features after taking my money. Please explain how that is fair to me.

I subscribed for a year. I do not find it acceptable that I am now expected to use a service which I paid for, when what I paid for has been removed from the service.

Is there a supervisor that can address this?

Thanks,

Jim

972.###.####

Endo Mikkel (Endomondo)
    Jul 03 16:26

Hi Jim
    Thanks for getting back to us. I see your point about not having access to paid features. Unfortunately we do not have the option to refund purchases made in the BlackBerry World store. You can contact BlackBerry here https://consumersupport.webapps.blac...rce/main?ln=en
    Regards,
    Mikkel

Jim B
    Jul 03 18:11

Thanks for the reply.

Thinking about this, it would be easy to make customers, like myself, happier with the situation, by making the previous bar file available so that BlackBerry 10 users could side load that version. That would work for me, as the previous version worked fine.

Jim

Endo Brooke (Endomondo)
    Jul 04 16:05

Hi Jim,

We are in the midst of releasing a new app update, as many users have been facing issues with the latest update. The new update will be available to you within the next few days.

Regards,
    Brooke

So it appears, if I understand correctly, that another update is in the works and will be released in a few days. Let's hope that is the case.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by niss63; 07-05-14 at 05:36 PM.
    07-05-14 05:21 PM
    Seriously? WTF is wrong with you people? There is a perfectly excellent Native BB fitness tracker in Casca Run. Drop the Endomondo crap and try CascaRun. In fact, just buy the damn app, it supports HRM and calories and audio feedback and sharing to FB. And if you want a backend, then go ahead and export to Endomondo. It's what I do and it works fine. I mean it, Endomondo does not give a rat's arse about you or your fitness. Leave them be and move on to something better. And one more thing; I've noticed that the more folks that buy and use CascaRun the more active the developer has been. So buy the app and help yourself and every other BB fitness enthusiast.
    Speaking for myself, I want automatic integration with MyFitnessPal. Maybe CascaRun does this and maybe it doesn't - I can't tell from the description in BlackBerry World. I've sunk a ton of money into apps in the last two years, and frankly, I'm tired of spending money and then hearing, "Oh, we don't intend to support this any more." So I went with Endomondo, since it is the biggest name in sports tracking apps, and I have been using it for a couple of years on BBOS and BB10 with no problems.

Maybe I'll switch to CascaRun, but right now I will try to get Endomondo working, since I'm already invested in that program.

Posted via CB10
    Lendo likes this.
    07-05-14 06:01 PM
    Well you can go the route I have, get RunKeeper from Amazon and just hope you can bend their ears enough to get a refund from Endomondo.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    07-06-14 02:24 AM
    Speaking for myself, I want automatic integration with MyFitnessPal. Maybe CascaRun does this and maybe it doesn't - I can't tell from the description in BlackBerry World. I've sunk a ton of money into apps in the last two years, and frankly, I'm tired of spending money and then hearing, "Oh, we don't intend to support this any more." So I went with Endomondo, since it is the biggest name in sports tracking apps, and I have been using it for a couple of years on BBOS and BB10 with no problems.

Maybe I'll switch to CascaRun, but right now I will try to get Endomondo working, since I'm already invested in that program.

Posted via CB10
    I'm with you and I just can't bring myself to pay 4,99$ for an app with no web portal. I like to analyze what I've done via the website at the end of the week.
    niss63 and ealingmc like this.
    07-06-14 08:38 AM
    As I wrote in my earlier post, I got Endomondo working again by installing the Google Play version through Snap. But on my run today it crashed while I was fooling around with my music in my side-loaded Spotify.

Happened to be out shopping this afternoon and bought a Bluetooth 4.0 heart rate monitor. It doesn't work with Endomondo but does with Cascarun. I tested it out today and Cascarun makes it pretty easy to export data as a gpx file that can be imported to Endomondo's website. I think I'll stick with that solution for a while and go native!

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 10:52 AM
    I bought CascaRun Pro today because I was intrigued by a previous post. I must admit that I prefer the old Endomondo to it, but until they fix it I'll be running CascaRun from now on.
    07-06-14 07:39 PM
    Did anybody notice battery drain with the latest updates (not the latest fixing opening bug, but the main update from last week)? When I usually go play a golf course with full battery, I have no problem with that, but now after the update, my battery is empty in 2-3hours. How can I revert to previous version? Is it possible? Thanks for replies

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 06:00 AM
    I just got an email from Endomondo support that they will be pushing a new update out today... it should fixe the GPS lock issue and the problem that the app won't start.

Posted via CB10
    endevour likes this.
    07-07-14 06:26 AM
    Just got the notification... Endomondo updated to 10.2.7.1

Changelog:
    Solved bug that prevented users from opening the app after previous update.

Endomondo Sports Tracker for BlackBerry 10
    07-07-14 07:30 AM
    I've update to the new version. Even though my app always open even after the first update. My gps still doesn't lock, this really sucks. I need to track my distance and pace.
    Endomondo BB10 updated - issues so far-img_20140707_090417.png

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 08:06 AM
    I've update to the new version. Even though my app always open even after the first update. My gps still doesn't lock, this really sucks. I need to track my distance and pace.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140707_090417.png 
Views:	1150 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	283541

Posted via CB10
    Hi,

Yeah I tried and the GPS still doesn't lock. I will email them later today... however j have found a temporary work around that my work. It works for me each time.

After you open the app, make sure you are outside and there is no obstruction

With the app open, press the lock screen

Then swipe up to unlock

Wait a couple of seconds and the GPS should lock.

Looks like some GPS time out issue... should be an easy fix if they spend a bit of time on the app.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 09:17 AM
    Endomondo seems to work once it's got GPS lock.
    I still need to disable location services (in quick settings) first - wait for location icon to disappear - (re)start location services - start endomondo to get a proper GPS lock.
    Worked for 2 workouts yesterday - still not the way it's meant to be but at least it records like it did before.

Edit: tried now like 20 times with multiple restarts in between and moving between indoor and outdoor, this works like a charm.
    Edit#2: As soon as the notification in Hub "endomondo running blabla" appears I can minimize the app, still worked for the whole workout.

Looking forward to another update.

And just to be clear, the minute a native multi platform tracker with proper web/backend appears it'll be hard to justify staying with endomondo.
    Last edited by endevour; 07-08-14 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Updated, did some more tests,
    07-08-14 01:28 AM
    Is there the gpg problem only in BlackBerry or even on Android/iOS?

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 03:15 AM
62 123