Hi all, thought I would let you Endomondo have updated their BB10 Android port.

Firstly the update breaks the app, to get round this delete it and install again.

I have not ran with it on yet so can't comment there but I have noticed I can no longer share a workout on Facebook as I did before. Either it's hidden somewhere or they removed it.

A poor show from Endomondo here, get your finger out guys or I will move to a new tracker. Simple really. If only Strava didn't require Google play services...

Anyone else experience the same? BB World reviews seem to reflect these problems.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    07-01-14 05:05 PM
    Just checking, will let you know what I find.
    07-01-14 05:14 PM
    I was excited at first to see a Endomondo update, after looking at the change log... no thanks. I would rather stay on the old version of the app and have live map tracking than lose it in the update. If it doesn't get much better, I might just go ahead and load it up from the Amazon App Store. Wish it would get a full native version like the other 3 platforms instead of being an after thought.
    07-01-14 06:34 PM
    Yes, experienced the same. App crashed after update, deleted and reinstalled.
    Havent had a chance to see the issue noted below but on the upside training plans are now available in bb which saves time in writing up the workout manually
    07-01-14 06:35 PM
    Ya, perhaps I'll stick with the Amazon version. The new Update from BB World is garbage.
    07-01-14 07:29 PM
    Ya gotta wonder if they even tested the app before releasing it.

I deleted it and loaded it from Amazon. Just irritating to be a premium subscriber and have to jack with my phone for 20 minutes before bring able to start my work out.

Posted via CB10
    wolfee48 likes this.
    07-01-14 10:33 PM
    I would like to see CrackBerry pick this up as they have recently covered fitness apps.

I can only see the developer doing something if they get some negative press about it.

The reviews in BlackBerry World are quite a picture of users opinions about this "update"

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 01:50 AM
    Might also be worth sending Endomondo a message directly - I have, here's a link.

https://support.endomondo.com/hc/en-us

Posted via CB10
    niss63 likes this.
    07-02-14 02:57 AM
    I think I get why we lost posting to Facebook, after removing the BB10 port and replacing it with the version in the Amazon store it would seem it relies on the Facebook app.

I really don't want to have to go to a browser to share some of my runs, its just plain stupid!
    07-02-14 04:02 AM
    I think I get why we lost posting to Facebook, after removing the BB10 port and replacing it with the version in the Amazon store it would seem it relies on the Facebook app.

I really don't want to have to go to a browser to share some of my runs, its just plain stupid!
    How so? I logged in with my email account, since I don't have a Facebook account.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 06:16 AM
    How so? I logged in with my email account, since I don't have a Facebook account.

Posted via CB10
    I'm talking about the option to share workouts, its removed from the settings of the BB10 port but you can find it in the Amazon version. when you do it says you need the Facebook app installed.

I just don't get why Endomondo cant just use the BlackBerry sharing framework on their port, or bite the bullet and commit to a native app for us to use.

I would switch to Runtastic but again their BB10 app is a port and for some reason the audio coach wont work when your music is playing. Everything just seems untested and half-arsed when it comes to some android ports on BB10.

Ideally I want to use support and use an app on my platform of choice but it's becoming increasingly difficult.
    07-02-14 06:32 AM
    fyi
    I have been using the last android version (10.2.7) from snap (play store)
    Everything works but the map. I am fine with that, I check my workouts online afterwards.
    Tracking and all the pro features (if you're a subscriber) from android (like statistics and stuff) do work fine for me.

If you don't need routes and map during a workout session it's an option.

Gonna try the updated version from bb world now...
    07-02-14 09:06 AM
    Hi all, thought I would let you Endomondo have updated their BB10 Android port.

Firstly the update breaks the app, to get round this delete it and install again.

I have not ran with it on yet so can't comment there but I have noticed I can no longer share a workout on Facebook as I did before. Either it's hidden somewhere or they removed it.

A poor show from Endomondo here, get your finger out guys or I will move to a new tracker. Simple really. If only Strava didn't require Google play services...

Anyone else experience the same? BB World reviews seem to reflect these problems.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Concerning Facebook share, my workouts are shared fine on my fb wall (using the old bb version as well as the current version from snap/play storee) and it seems that everything is done by the connected facebook app and the endomondo backend... imo it's not connected to anything installed locally...

Might have been changed in the update from today.
    07-02-14 09:09 AM
    I just switched to Sportrate. App works great, nice UI and easy to use. I mostly use for bike riding.
    Endomondo BB10 updated - issues so far-img_20140627_155147.png

Can't Complain so far.

Making Wine kits C0015B221
    07-02-14 09:15 AM
    I just switched to Sportrate. App works great, nice UI and easy to use. I mostly use for bike riding.
    Can't Complain so far.
    Making Wine kits C0015B221
    Looks like a nice app. How is their backend? Do they have one?
    There are already some capable native fitness/tracking apps on BB10, the problem I have with most of them, there is no backend available,
    many of them are just offline (which can be completely satisfying, but I rely on workout comparison, training plans and routes.)

Alternatives I used were
    CascaRun Sports Tracker
    and
    Sports Tracker
    07-02-14 09:20 AM
    Concerning Facebook share, my workouts are shared fine on my fb wall (using the old bb version as well as the current version from snap/play storee) and it seems that everything is done by the connected facebook app and the endomondo backend... imo it's not connected to anything installed locally...

Might have been changed in the update from today.
    I don't have my options set to share everything automatically, I used to share what I chose to using the old BB10 port. It just used the Facebook webpage once to connect the app and that was job done.

I have official word back from Endomondo via a support ticket...

"Thanks for contacting Endomondo Support. We have removed Facebook sharing for BlackBerry.
    It is a ported Android app and therefore not all features will work.

Regards,

Brooke"

I don't know about you but I would rather have the slower old app than have a feature removed just because they cant be bothered with support my platform of choice fully. Its a joke!

I see Runkeeper is in the Amazon store so I might try that next.
    07-02-14 09:57 AM
    Unless anyone can kindly suggest a way to obtain a .bar file of the previous Endomondo version from BlackBerry World?
    07-02-14 10:05 AM
    Also updated and noticed that on my run this morning the GPS was not working. It only caught 100 m of my run today. I also use it to track my workouts and not having GPS functionality doesn't cut it. Deleted from BB World rebooted my phone, reinstalled from Snap. Same issue. Deleted again. Looking for an older apk now.
    07-02-14 04:24 PM
    Noticed the update- opted not to take it. Havnt tried it to see if live mapping still works yet though.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 04:53 PM
    As a premium subscriber, I'm less than thrilled with this update and the response from Endomondo.

If I could find a native app that was comparable in features I use, I'd be gone in a minute.

FWIW, the Android app available from Amazon seems to have all features working, including GPS and sharing. It is not a smooth app, though.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 10:04 PM
    I'm opting not to do this update on my Z10 based on all of the negative feedback, but I have faith in Endomondo for some reason. I think that they are working on a fix, they just seem better than this.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 10:33 PM
    Seriously? WTF is wrong with you people? There is a perfectly excellent Native BB fitness tracker in Casca Run. Drop the Endomondo crap and try CascaRun. In fact, just buy the damn app, it supports HRM and calories and audio feedback and sharing to FB. And if you want a backend, then go ahead and export to Endomondo. It's what I do and it works fine. I mean it, Endomondo does not give a rat's arse about you or your fitness. Leave them be and move on to something better. And one more thing; I've noticed that the more folks that buy and use CascaRun the more active the developer has been. So buy the app and help yourself and every other BB fitness enthusiast.
    eldogg88 likes this.
    07-02-14 10:45 PM
    Seriously? WTF is wrong with you people? There is a perfectly excellent Native BB fitness tracker in Casca Run. Drop the Endomondo crap and try CascaRun. In fact, just buy the damn app, it supports HRM and calories and audio feedback and sharing to FB. And if you want a backend, then go ahead and export to Endomondo. It's what I do and it works fine. I mean it, Endomondo does not give a rat's arse about you or your fitness. Leave them be and move on to something better. And one more thing; I've noticed that the more folks that buy and use CascaRun the more active the developer has been. So buy the app and help yourself and every other BB fitness enthusiast.
    Well this is the sort of reply I like, someone who tells me the features of a native app.

Tell me, does the audio coach still work when music plays?

I will give it a try on the fre version first. I have no objection to buying a decent app if it caters for my needs.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 01:17 AM
    Cascarun doesn't explain much about the optional social sharing. Can you screen shot an example?

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 02:44 AM
    I don't have my options set to share everything automatically, I used to share what I chose to using the old BB10 port. It just used the Facebook webpage once to connect the app and that was job done.

I have official word back from Endomondo via a support ticket...

"Thanks for contacting Endomondo Support. We have removed Facebook sharing for BlackBerry.
    It is a ported Android app and therefore not all features will work.

Regards,

Brooke"

I don't know about you but I would rather have the slower old app than have a feature removed just because they cant be bothered with support my platform of choice fully. Its a joke!

I see Runkeeper is in the Amazon store so I might try that next.
    Just a hint, go to endomondo.com and set up your sharing there! Works flawless for me. Is there a reason you need your device to share it per facebook app?
    07-03-14 03:04 AM
62 123