I'm an avid cyclist, and occasional runner. I've been using Endo for 4 years now and this is the most dissatisfied I've been. Since they've updated this past month I've had to export my workouts from my Garmin watch to the Endomondo website. I'm about ready to use a new app.

Here are my problems:

After updating, the app wouldn't open. No problem, delete and re-download. Success.

Next, I do a couple 50km rides, my kids and wife like to track me on the website while I'm out. For the first 30-35 minutes GPS does not lock on. Pain in the *** really.

Thirdly, and most importantly, when I do my 100+km rides, the first half hour is not logged, then, after 2 hours of riding, my battery goes flat.
    I do my larger rides in the mornings because it's cooler, and traffic is lower. However, my wife worries on the best of days, so when she's watching my progress online and it says I've stopped (because my battery's dead) she doesn't know the state of me or my battery. She gives it 5 minutes, 10 tops thinking maybe I've stopped for a rest. So she calls. No answer. Straight to voice-mail. Now she begins to panic.
    This scenario is all hypothetical, but has a very real chance of happening.

Hence, for the first 30 minutes of my rides and the last, say 30 or so kilometers, to her, I'm neither dead nor alive.

What is the best alternative for tracking my rides with the capability of online tracking?

Posted via CB10
    chgaida likes this.
    07-20-14 10:28 PM
    Did you get it from BlackBerry World? If so, try grabbing the latest APK and see how it goes.
    07-20-14 10:53 PM
    Great thread title!
    anon(4282485) likes this.
    07-21-14 03:38 PM
    Did you get it from BlackBerry World? If so, try grabbing the latest APK and see how it goes.
    Ya, I got it from BlackBerry World. I'm not sure what you mean by getting the latest APK, I've done their most recent update and it's no better. They just need to re-release their old app without the changes.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 11:09 AM
    I too hate the new update. Been an Endomondo user since I had my old Torch and I run 6 days a week and have relied on the app to keep track of my distances and times. This new update is horrible and I've since deleted it.

I tried using CascaRun, but I believe the GPS may be off because for a certain route that has been 3 miles on Endomondo for the last few years, is now 2.8 on CascaRun. No sense at all.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 01:01 PM
    Ya, I got it from BlackBerry World. I'm not sure what you mean by getting the latest APK, I've done their most recent update and it's no better. They just need to re-release their old app without the changes.

Posted via CB10
    Endomondo is an Android app ported. So the port may have broken some functionality.

Delete it, sideload Snap and then log into your google play account from Snap. Get the latest version of Endomondo form there.

Or try the Amazon AppStore
    07-22-14 03:31 PM