Hey all,

Forgive me if there is a thread on this already that I did not spot, but does there exist an app for the Z10 that can create an encrypted container? More specifically, users that have used the program TrueCrypt know what I am talking about; creating an encrypted container where I can put a bunch of files into, avoiding having to individually encrypt each file on their own.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    08-12-13 12:33 AM
    Each file would still have to be individually encrypted. A program could be made that encrypted all the files automatically in a directory though.
    08-12-13 01:19 AM
    Each file would still have to be individually encrypted. A program could be made that encrypted all the files automatically in a directory though.
    Perhaps I should have worded that differently; by individually encrypting, I meant doing what current solutions dictate I do and select each file one by one. I was wishing for an app that would be more of a select and drop into container feature, a bulk transfer of sorts. Thus far, it looks like this isn't available anywhere yet which is unfortunate.

I am primarily wanting this for uploads I would make to online cloud storage solutions (e.g. Box.net). I wanted to have an encrypted container that I could simply upload. I have come across some great cloud storage solutions that encrypt end-to-end transfer but either a.) do not encrypt files at rest or, b.) if they do encrypt at rest, they do not have an app for BB10 and the online interface leaves much to be desired.

Oh well, here's to hoping a solution pops up someday soon!
    08-12-13 02:03 PM