Extremely Intelligence Email and Sms Backup Archiver, and Organizer application - 10.2.1+ only.

Link: Email and Sms Automatic Backup Archiver and Organizer - BlackBerry World

Never lose an email or SMS message with this application. Easily organize into folder, write note, etc...

Added: separate setting options to disable automatic backup incoming Email and incoming Sms. You can use the normal backup system for SMS.

This application automatically backs up all your incoming email and SMS messages to incoming storage space. You can then quickly check and move the items to permanent storage space, if needed.

This application is headless and extremely light weight - very fast and save battery.

Support 3 backup modes:

1. Automatic backup incoming message to incoming database.
    2. Quickly backup to your primary storage space by simply clicking on the check box
    3. Permanently archive items automatically if emails or SMS are denoted at the end of the subject line with @a or @t tag:
    e.g. the subject of the email is: Test Item to be archived @a. This email and all subsequent emails with this subject, or SMS message will be automatically permanently archived.

4. Back up to file system or dropbox using file back up option in settings.

Amazing E-mail and SMS organizer for your Primary Storage Space:

1. Automatic organize permanent items to separate Email and separate SMS category.
    2. Let you create unlimited categories per entry.
    3. Edit any items and write note on them
    4. Support secondary Archive
    5. Many more features to explore

Back-up the entire archive to Dropbox (built in BlackBerry� function) or your own file system.

Write Note on any email and SMS. Create check-able to do list for each item.

Future version will bring ability to create email task to Checked! Task - To-do - Note and Calendar Master application

Limitation: currently we do not automatically back up attachments. Future version will bring that capability.
    Last edited by hxcellent; 03-20-14 at 10:09 PM.
    03-20-14 04:21 PM
    Supported Headless?
    03-20-14 04:28 PM
    As per usual, I would really appreciate it if you could give me improvement suggestions. Thanks!
    03-20-14 04:28 PM
    Yeap - lightweight and headless all the way - 10.2.1+ only though.

Supported Headless?
    03-20-14 04:29 PM
    Just bought it.
    03-20-14 04:31 PM
    Just bought it.
    Please let me know how it goes... I'm standing by to make changes as per request. Thanks!
    petertinh likes this.
    03-20-14 04:32 PM
    Please let me know how it goes... I'm standing by to make changes as per request. Thanks!
    Actually, as a long running app, there are potentials to add other capabilities such as hooking up to contacts, blocking, etc... If you guys put in requests, I will make changes.
    03-20-14 04:34 PM
    Yes, i will review later. I want to know the location back up.
    03-20-14 04:36 PM
    It backs up to internal database. You can use the backup function in settings to back up the storage space to a file.

Yes, i will review later. I want to know the location back up.
    03-20-14 04:38 PM
    This definitely looks interesting.

Without installing it, first things off the top of my head:

• How does one check the integrity of the data backed up - is this internal database proprietary format?
    • Need to have versioning. Last thing a person wants to discover is that their backup contains corrupted data.
    • Scheduler?
    • What happens when the data is being modified while being backed-up? IE incoming messages when "inbox" is being backed-up?
    • Does this use standard BB10 APIs to access/copy data?

Thanks..
    03-20-14 06:59 PM
    It's actually a very interesting design that is not seen anywhere. It was quite a bit of work but it will ensure data accuracy.

There are 3 separate storage spaces. The incoming emails and SMS are actually stored on 2 separate storage space (hence you see Delete All option). The 3rd storage space are for superb important items. This storage space does not have delete all option. It has archive, edit and multiple other functionality.

This system ensures the problems you asked above doesn't occur. There's no chance data corruption happens.

The secondary backup system will let you back up to easily accessible file system. You can have multiple back ups whenever you wish.
    03-20-14 09:56 PM
    Hi,
    Im using this app for backup and restore, but it has no background backup possibility.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=801268
    Does your app has the same data format? So can I use my old backup with your app and vice versa?

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 12:59 AM
    There are 3 separate storage spaces. The incoming emails and SMS are actually stored on 2 separate storage space (hence you see Delete All option). The 3rd storage space are for superb important items. This storage space does not have delete all option. It has archive, edit and multiple other functionality.
    I am not familiar with this term "storage space". You mean "file", or "folder", or "database", or "host", or ???

Also, still didn't answer my question about whether you use standard OS APIs to access the data or whether you are doing it in a proprietary way.

There's no chance data corruption happens.
    That's a very bold claim.

So you are saying that there is never a case where the OS/filesystem places an "exclusive lock" on data in ie the Hub database while it is being updated, ie with an incoming SMS/email/etc? And neither does your app?

I can envision a scenario where you might lock a file or database record that you are backing-up, and then an email reception daemon tries to update that locked record or file while it is backing-up via your app. What does this architecture do specifically that would prevent that? I'm technically oriented, you can tell me the technical details.

Also - this app probably has the most extensive list of permissions requested of any BB10 app I have ever seen.

Why does it ask for permission to the camera and microphone? And calendar?

And what is your privacy policy?

And I see no data in the "Help" page. All I see is an entry for "Process flow", and if I press that, I get a dialogue box that has a single period character in it.

Thanks.
    03-21-14 01:14 AM
    Those permissions will be removed. It bases on my Checked! application so there were a whole bunch of codes carried over. This is how this app is unique also, there are so many option in the Primary maindatabase which I will described below.

By storage spaces, I meant database. It uses OS event system to back up to the incoming databases first. Then you have the option to move the incoming database to the Primary main database system. This way it prevents corruption.

After that, you have optional option to back up to your own file system. This file is readable by normal eye and restorable to the application.

I am not familiar with this term "storage space". You mean "file", or "folder", or "database", or "host", or ???

Also, still didn't answer my question about whether you use standard OS APIs to access the data or whether you are doing it in a proprietary way.

That's a very bold claim.

So you are saying that there is never a case where the OS/filesystem places an "exclusive lock" on data in ie the Hub database while it is being updated, ie with an incoming SMS/email/etc? And neither does your app?

I can envision a scenario where you might lock a file or database record that you are backing-up, and then an email reception daemon tries to update that locked record or file while it is backing-up via your app. What does this architecture do specifically that would prevent that? I'm technically oriented, you can tell me the technical details.

Also - this app probably has the most extensive list of permissions requested of any BB10 app I have ever seen.

Why does it ask for permission to the camera and microphone? And calendar?

And what is your privacy policy?

And I see no data in the "Help" page. All I see is an entry for "Process flow", and if I press that, I get a dialogue box that has a single period character in it.

Thanks.
    03-21-14 06:01 AM
    No sorry Tingeltangelbob, my app doesn't know about that application

Hi,
    Im using this app for backup and restore, but it has no background backup possibility.
    SMS Backup - Backup and Restore Text Messages - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Does your app has the same data format? So can I use my old backup with your app and vice versa?

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 06:01 AM
    I have a suggestion - I used to use a product by Xobni on OS7 that would scrub through emails and capture phone numbers emails etc for anything you received and it made a database - you could then search this database and add an item to the native contact manager. It was very useful and may work well with this product.
    03-21-14 09:17 AM
    Looks nice.
    gonna try this out
    03-21-14 10:25 AM