App Name: Moka Reader

Like a simple, quick and native eBook reader? Moka Reader is cascades app for BlackBerry 10, just click and starting reading, no Internet access, no conversion, just enjoy it. Dedicated optimization for big eBook.

[Bug fix release v1.2.3 available now in BBW]
    1. Fix Pinch operation for font size zoom-in/zoom-out in 10.3.x
    2. Enable text selection and sharing when reading
    3. Extend 'Table of Contents' support (checking more sections in opf file, ...)
    4. Fix bug when handling some specific ePub files

[Update release v1.2.2 available now in BBW]
    According to the nice feedback on this app:
    1. Dark theme for reading is now available to save battery.
    2. Brightness adjustment with time schedule is supported to save battery and protect the eyes. (mostly used as night mode).
    3. Multiple eBooks importing possible, more convenient
    4. Add 'Zoom-in', 'Zoom-out' action menu for precise control (comparing with the PINCH operation)
    5. Bug fix when '#' existed in file name.

Main Features:
    1. Support ePub v2 (No DRM), Mobi (mobi/prc/azw/azw3, No DRM), Text, CHM, UMD (text/comic), Comic (cbr, cbz, cb7), FB2 (fbz), Html
    2. As invoke target, eBook can be open via file manager directly
    3. Shortcut in physical keyboard phone make operation more quick and easy
    4. Font zoom-in, zoom-out, go top, jump to any location, go bottom, auto restore to latest location in next time, etc
    5. Auto encoding detection, also manual charset definition available
    6. Option to save current reading block or picture as html or jpg file
    7. Links in eBook clickable, Internet link also accessible (dedicated navigation button for this)
    8. Dedicated TOC (table of contents) for most eBook, jump to one chapter at any time during reading
    9. Options to keep screen awake during reading

Price: 6.99$

If you like it, get it in BlackBerry World and also please leave a comment in BlackBerry world: Moka Reader

If you have suggestions or question feedback, please use in-app feedback function to send us Email.

Some screenshots:
    Attached Thumbnails eBook lover? Cascades Moka Reader for ePub/Mobi/CHM/Text/Comic/UMD/FB2/...-img_00001191.png   eBook lover? Cascades Moka Reader for ePub/Mobi/CHM/Text/Comic/UMD/FB2/...-img_00001193.png   eBook lover? Cascades Moka Reader for ePub/Mobi/CHM/Text/Comic/UMD/FB2/...-img_00001203.png   eBook lover? Cascades Moka Reader for ePub/Mobi/CHM/Text/Comic/UMD/FB2/...-img_00001202.png   eBook lover? Cascades Moka Reader for ePub/Mobi/CHM/Text/Comic/UMD/FB2/...-img_00001199.png  

eBook lover? Cascades Moka Reader for ePub/Mobi/CHM/Text/Comic/UMD/FB2/...-img_00001201.png   eBook lover? Cascades Moka Reader for ePub/Mobi/CHM/Text/Comic/UMD/FB2/...-img_00001206.png   eBook lover? Cascades Moka Reader for ePub/Mobi/CHM/Text/Comic/UMD/FB2/...-img_00001196.png   eBook lover? Cascades Moka Reader for ePub/Mobi/CHM/Text/Comic/UMD/FB2/...-img_00001195.png   eBook lover? Cascades Moka Reader for ePub/Mobi/CHM/Text/Comic/UMD/FB2/...-img_00001208.png  

eBook lover? Cascades Moka Reader for ePub/Mobi/CHM/Text/Comic/UMD/FB2/...-img_00001204.png  
    Last edited by visvic; 01-05-15 at 09:37 AM.
    10-22-14 07:12 AM
    Does it work on 10.3.1?

$7
    10-22-14 08:30 AM
    Good luck with the app. Seems like it has most of the various ebook formats covered.
    10-22-14 09:26 AM
    Does it work on 10.3.1?
    has tested with 10.3.1.632 simulator, everything works fine. thanks.
    10-22-14 01:04 PM
    Perhaps you should publish a trial version of some sort. 6.99$ is a lot to spend without knowing how it will work. I would gladly pay that if this satisfied my eReader needs but am hesitant to fork out that kind of money without trying it first.

Thank you for supporting BB10,
    Jason...
    10-23-14 12:23 PM
    You should apply for Built for BlackBerry status on this app. Also, some kind of trial period or Lite app would help.

Q10SQN100-2/10.2.1.3253
    10-29-14 05:39 AM
    Looks nice, but IMHO $6.99 for an ereader app (when there are many out there for free) is about 7 times more than most people would be willing to pay.
    10-29-14 05:47 AM
    Has anyone purchased this yet? I would love to hear if it is worth the price tag.

J...
    10-30-14 08:42 AM
    I went ahead and purchased this app as the ePub reader I was previously using isn't compatible with 10.3.1. I'm excited it can handle CBR and ePub as that eliminates the need for my CBR reader as well. It seems to work pretty well but could use some polishing.

It doesn't appear to display thumbnails currently for ePub files in the "shelf" view. Switching between chapters seems glitchy as doesn't always work for me. Some more options would be appreciated for changing font size and importing entire folders of eBooks automatically.

Still it's off to a good start. Thank you developer for supporting BB10!
    10-30-14 05:47 PM
    I'd like a trial version too please
    Tight budget, but really want to support such a feature filled appp

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 07:02 PM
    New update v1.2.2 available now in BBW. Thanks.
    11-18-14 07:05 AM
    We need a trial of some sort with that kind of price tag. I'd gladly pay the $7 for it, if I found it worth it.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 02:18 PM
    Yeah I agree, it looks like a great app but I'm not paying $7 for something I can't give a try first.
    If I was on the Play Store it'd do it because I can get a refund.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 02:34 PM
    The new update has resolved all of my issues with the app. Really can't recommend it enough.

Sent from my BlackBerry Z30 using Tapatalk
    11-19-14 01:00 PM
    I took the plunge. This is a simple app. Simple to use and navigate. My only problem right now is I can't seem to pinch to zoom. The font type is rather large and I would like to shrink it. Anyone else able to pinch to zoom?

J

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 09:25 PM
    I took the plunge. This is a simple app. Simple to use and navigate. My only problem right now is I can't seem to pinch to zoom. The font type is rather large and I would like to shrink it. Anyone else able to pinch to zoom?

J

Posted via CB10
    I believe if you click near the middle of the far right of the screen it will show you the bar at the bottom of the screen where you can click the three dots and then choose zoom in or zoom out. That's what I finally figured out to control text size.
    12-02-14 06:27 PM
    I believe if you click near the middle of the far right of the screen it will show you the bar at the bottom of the screen where you can click the three dots and then choose zoom in or zoom out. That's what I finally figured out to control text size.
    Sweet. Thank you. That worked. Odd though that the app description specifically states pinch to zoom which doesn't work. Still a decent reader which is my current goto eReader.

Thank you,
    Jason

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 09:38 PM
    It looks great but there needs to be a free trial just so I can see.
    How us battery life on the device when using this app for hours a day?
    I have an eReader with no DRM found on snap called FBReader and it takes practically no battery life.
    It's completely free and will use that until I can at least test Moka reader.
    I sometimes feel as if the battery life is better when I'm reading a book than when the phone is in sleep mode.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 02:09 AM
    From someone who already bought the app how is the battery life when reading books for hours each day?
    Does it have an impact or is it very minimal?

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 02:10 AM
    From someone who already bought the app how is the battery life when reading books for hours each day?
    Does it have an impact or is it very minimal?

Posted via CB10
    I haven't had much of an opportunity to read lately due to a large project at work. I will report back when I have a chance to play around with it more. I like the interface as it is simple but could do with out the animated scrolling with page flips. I much prefer instant turn of the pages. That is just me though.

J...
    12-04-14 10:49 AM
    Bug fix release 1.2.3 is available now in BBW. Welcome for further feedback and comments. thanks.
    01-05-15 09:39 AM
    Now that I've got my Passport I'm contemplating getting an eReader. So, I have a question: if I were to purchase a Kindle Book from Amazon, would I be able to read it with Moka Reader?

Posted via CB10 on my Passport
    01-05-15 04:41 PM
    It doesn't recognise chm files, what a waste of money.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 06:31 PM
    Bug fix release 1.2.3.2 for some specific CHM files is available now in BBW. Also adding 'find text' feature when reading. Please check it and give us the feedback, thanks.
    01-14-15 01:45 PM