Coming over from the Apple and Android OS platforms, I was very surprised to see that the Ebay and Craigslist apps where not available in the BB World?

These are two very popular apps that everyone uses and should be there. Do you think these apps are being developed for OS10 and the Z10?
    03-10-13 05:31 AM
    havent heard anyone ask for them. I haven't tried the craigslist sideload but the ebay one works just fine. Could always just use the browser version as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see ebay develop a native app.
    03-10-13 07:14 AM
    why not just save the website to homepage??? personally i never saw a need for apps like that when you can just do that...
    03-10-13 08:19 AM
    I'm missing the eBay app as well. The ios one was very good, still use the iPad one for now.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 08:38 AM
    I sell allot of stuff on Ebay and the mobile apps have allot of features that I have come to depend on. I see your point about bookmarking the homepage, but the mobile apps have allot of shortcuts and features that simplify things for me. As popular as both those auction sites are, it surprises me that the apps do not exist in the BB World.
    SEAWARRIOR and robitaille93 like this.
    03-10-13 08:42 AM
    eBay Mobile App is a must have, it is in no way comparable to the website. Sorry, this isn't one of the cases of just "using the browser".
    robitaille93 likes this.
    03-13-13 09:10 PM
    I struggle for find the need for all these apps people say they NEED to have.
    Most everything these Apps can do can be done on the Internet, and my Z10 is particularly good at doing anything I need to do on the Internet quickly and easily. Apps are generally time wasters.

Posted via CB10 with my Z10
    03-13-13 09:27 PM
    I sell allot of stuff on Ebay and the mobile apps have allot of features that I have come to depend on. I see your point about bookmarking the homepage, but the mobile apps have allot of shortcuts and features that simplify things for me. As popular as both those auction sites are, it surprises me that the apps do not exist in the BB World.
    EBay has native Blackberry app on older OS, so we should see it on BB10 also.
    Actually I recall seeing snapshots of Ebay app on Blackberry 10.
    03-13-13 09:28 PM
    ebay BB10 is already in the works by a Blackberry vendor. here are some news posted earlier

eBay app getting a makeover for BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    03-13-13 10:31 PM
    ebay BB10 is already in the works by a Blackberry vendor. here are some news posted earlier

eBay app getting a makeover for BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    Thanks for the update, I bought the Craigslist app from the OS10 BB World for 4.99 yesterday and it's garbage. Looks like the one that I had on my Blackberry five years ago. If it was free I would not say a word, but a 4.99, I have a right to complain, I did email them with some suggestions based on other simular apps I have used for searching Craigslist..

This is the exact reason I have been posting my concerns over the current apps in the OS10 BB World, we are trying to get NEW users to come over and back to the Blackberry world with the release of the Z10. The current apps in the OS10BB World are going to be judged against the "Big Three". Forget about going to the site using the browser or sideloading apps, thats not how folks using your competitors devices do things in 2013. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Ronald Bak; 03-14-13 at 09:37 AM.
    03-14-13 06:34 AM
    I sure was hoping to have this app by the time Verizon releases my z10 in a week or so. Anyone with creditable news?
    03-17-13 02:01 PM
    eBay Mobile App is a must have, it is in no way comparable to the website. Sorry, this isn't one of the cases of just "using the browser".
    I disagree. Currently on iphone and iPad and frequently use eBay, but never use the app. Nothing compares to the full featured site for me. Would like to see an app also though just for options.
    03-17-13 05:51 PM
    You are one of the "Few" who don't use the ebay app, I sell allot on ebay since 1999 and the app has built in features the website does not have i.e. scanning package labels for shipping and the app is scaled to the screen which saves time zooming in out on the website using the browser.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 05:58 PM
    I disagree. Currently on iphone and iPad and frequently use eBay, but never use the app. Nothing compares to the full featured site for me. Would like to see an app also though just for options.
    Out of genuine interest, what is it in the apps that doesn't come close?

Dispute resolution is only part I can think off, and that should be a rare thing. The browser based ones are so much slower as well with all the page redraws. As such I really like to understand what the normal http site gives extra?

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 06:17 PM
    Ya, the full website is nothing but clutter and ads and slows me down. With the app I can quickly place a new bid, track the order, etc. I don't know of anyone who would "rather use the website" anymore, heck, I can't even place a simple search anymore on the website without being bombarded with things "I might like" according to eBay. :-/

My notifications always come way before an email, and sometimes that's important.
    03-17-13 07:53 PM