Hey everyone, I am one of the users like many folks out there who have had severe battery depletion problems when the eBay application has been installed on my z10. I recently uninstalled the eBay app and I am now running Pocket Auctions by Bonfire Media, it may not have all the features the eBay app has, but it has worked well enough for me and it's a free app,. Just thought I would pass it along.
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    03-31-13 08:37 AM
    One can always use the browser and log into eBay itself too.
    03-31-13 09:07 AM
    One can always use the browser and log into eBay itself too.
    Thats true but, certain functions like package tracking and support functions for sellers cannot be done from the browser and these are functions folks who use this and other apps in our competitors platforms already have available.

As I said a thousand times before, the smart phone requirement bar here in the USA is already been established and apps are how folks here perform their daily task with on their smart phones, period.
    Last edited by Ronald Bak; 03-31-13 at 10:00 AM.
    03-31-13 09:15 AM
    Apps are nothing but mobile web pages repackaged they are faux apps.The mobile website is pretty good its the same thing You can always go through the browser than hit the 3 dot than tap add to home screen that makes it a shortcut/icon and adds it to app grid.
    03-31-13 09:32 AM
    Apps are nothing but mobile web pages repackaged they are faux apps.The mobile website is pretty good its the same thing You can always go through the browser than hit the 3 dot than tap add to home screen that makes it a shortcut/icon and adds it to app grid.

Tell you what, you come over here and explain that theory to someone who is wanting to come over and try your new product (z10) and who have been used to using smart phone apps, both in their business and personal task to start using a web browser instead?

Their response will be, does Blackberry currently have some apps that are close or simular to what my current platform has until I get used to the new OS and it's features? NO!!! Ok, thanks, but no thanks, I will stick to the Apple and/or Android platforms that I am used to using and that all my friends and co-workers have been using for years until they have them, thank you.

My alternative eBay app suggestion is for the users out there like me who are adapting to the new Blackberry platform. As for you hard core faithful, you just don't get it and I am tired of trying to explain it to you.
    Camelhmpz and kevinnugent like this.
    03-31-13 09:56 AM
    I'm growing tired of the whole "Apps are Websites" so let's not progress this platform crud. My iOS app for ebay was great. It's not a website, it's a application that keeps me logged in, sends me instant alerts (often way before an email) of outbids, etc in a notification area. Let's me quickly track a package, leave feedback, and cleans up the clutter of all their website (including the mobile site) and I can focus.

If you don't like apps, then just avoid app threads. Whether anyone likes it or not, apps are the norm for smartphones. Heck for that matter they are almost just expected.

For now I have removed their app and placed a bookmark on the home screen for their mobile app. I'll try your suggestion, thanks op.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 10:10 AM
    I appreciate it, I just want everyone to feel comfortable adapting to the new z10. I am not going any further on the apps issue, your post explained it perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 10:15 AM
    Couldn't figure out what was killing my battery, so I deleted all apps (reset), including instagram.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 10:27 AM
    Some people have the browser locked by parental controls to avoid access to inappropriate sites.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 12:39 PM
    ItemAuctions - Online Auction House - best way to sell your stuff!
    11-04-13 09:41 AM