Hello,

My second app was published in App World and it is called EasyGo !

App Name: EasyGo for GoPro Hero

Summary:
    EasyGo is a 3rd party app to control your GoPro Hero camera from your BlackBerry smartphone.
    It allows you to : start/stop the camera, change mode, start/stop recording and snap pics.

It also allows to get a smooth (but slightly delayed) preview of what your camera is seeing. The delay is added in the camera itself, so nothing I can do to improve, sorry.

Rotation is handled, to get a nice full screen preview on Z10 or Z30 for example.

Link to BlackBerry World Listing: EasyGo for GoPro Hero - BlackBerry World

Price: 2.69 or $2.99

Additional but important notes :
    - I am not affiliated with GoPro or Woodman Labs. GoPro is designed by Woodman Labs.
    - the app is OPEN SOURCE, under GPL. Source code is available on GitHub : https://github.com/gaeljaffrain/EasyGo
    - even better, the BAR file is available for side loading if you want : http://gaeljaffrain.com/playground/EasyGo-1_0_0_3.bar

=> So feel free to side load, fork, improve, or create your own app using my code. but you can also buy it to support the development effort to code and give back this code to the BB10 dev community.

Setup :
    - First you need to read the GoPro doc, to know how to turn Wifi ON, and set a custom password if you want.
    - Then, Connect your BB10 to the Wifi network created by your GoPro (like any other wifi hot spot)
    - Start the app
    - Then, setup the app, by going into the App settings (swipe down, then "Settings" while in EasyGo). Be sure to enter the GoPro NAME (or SSID) and PASSWORD. See the screen below to see a good connection.

Screenshots:
    EasyGo for GoPro Hero : control your camera from BB10-img_00000411.png
    EasyGo for GoPro Hero : control your camera from BB10-img_00000412.png
    EasyGo for GoPro Hero : control your camera from BB10-img_00000413.png
    EasyGo for GoPro Hero : control your camera from BB10-img_00000415.png

Thanks !!!
    01-03-14 04:23 PM
    I wish I had a GoPro to try this out.
    Elite1 likes this.
    01-03-14 04:27 PM
    I did spot it in BB World. Congrats on the release!

Obviously it's a niche app (and not one I need personally), but it's cool to see very "current" apps like this one coming out on BB10. Keep up the good work!
    FF22 likes this.
    01-03-14 04:29 PM
    If I had a go pro I would have tried it. Congrats on the app tho!

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    01-03-14 04:31 PM
    Also, I would like to add the sources I used to know how to control the camera through Wifi :

- this page helped me : tech answer guy: capturing a live stream from the GoPro Hero 2 to a PC
    - and also this thread on the GoProUser forum, with a nice list of commands : GoPro User Forum • View topic - Howto Livestream to PC and view files on PC/Smartphone!
    - this thread is also listing some open source projects or information : GCS Go Pro Wifi Widget - GCS Development - OpenPilot Forums

I also used some existing projects already containing the commands, and already on Github, like for example :
    https://github.com/scimusmn/gopro-fab

These existing projects helped me to know how to control the camera. And I used my BB10 knowledge to make an app with a decent UI and big nice buttons.

I hope you will like it !
    anon(2729369) likes this.
    01-03-14 04:33 PM
    Like others have said already, if I had a GoPro camera, I'd be downloading this app in an instant. Good job on the app! Wish you nothing but success with it!
    FF22 likes this.
    01-03-14 04:37 PM
    Hi,

FYI, the app was accepted and published since one week now. I got good feedbacks and downloads numbers.

But for several personal reasons, I just asked App World guys to remove the app from the store, but the source code of the final version is available on GitHub :
    https://github.com/gaeljaffrain/EasyGo

If anybody is interested to improve it, feel free to do so and to publish yourself the improved version.
    I would be happy to see somebody taking over this project !

Thank a lot for your support and warm feedback,
    Gael.
    01-05-14 02:17 PM
    Good apps

Posted Via my Q10
    01-05-14 02:41 PM
    Just got my GoPro and when I get my SD Card and this thing setup I will be looking into your app. THANK YOU!
    01-19-14 10:34 PM