I just wondered if anyone could explain Dropbox and BOX for me.

What are the pros and cons of using them?
    If I put a film in the drop box folder on my laptop will I be able to watch it on my Z10? Does it just save it to a cloud or does it save it to my Z10 when I open it?

Should I zip files before uploading them? Is there anyway to zip/unzip files on the Z10?

What's the best way to use Dropbox etc? Or what does everyone here tend to use them for?

I know these are all pretty basic questions, but i'm pretty oblivious to it all really. I've had them on my Z10 since I got it but just haven't used them yet and any information would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 03:17 PM
    I use both for different things. DB is my favorite. I have it on my PC, netbook and BB. I have folders I share with friends and colleagues.

When you open DB on your phone, it opens to the cloud. If it's something I want to have on my phone, i copy and paste onto my SD card.

If I'm working on a project from work and need to cimplete at home, I will drop it DB and it shall be waiting for me at home to continue. *shrug* saves me a whole bunch of time.

Box I use to keep files safe, especially now that they gave BlackBerry users 10 gb.

The pros of using these cloud storage : easy to find on whatever device you have, safe storage of documents and files

Cons: you must be careful when you sync from your phone, it can eat up data quickly. Best make sure you are on wifi.

Give it a try, you won't know how you did without it.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 04:58 PM