Same with me. Love the app otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    I would make sense to have the ability to go to blue tooth.

As well, is there any plans to be able to read BBM and messages from other apps like whatsapp? I mean if that's possible reading messages from the hub would be be the best feature ever.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 10:58 PM
    I don't have the bluetooth issue others are mentioning. I started using it with 10.0 and (finally) shortly afterwards, Verizon released 10.1. I have yet to have an issue with bluetooth. One issue I had was, text messages would not send while I had this app open. As soon as I closed it, I could send messages. Didn't understand why that was and it only happened once.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 08:48 AM
    I think the problem with my bluetooth is with the bluetooth and not the app. My bluetooth headset does not play multimedia, but only works with the phone portion of the phone, unlike the Drivesafe.ly that I used on my Torch. I will likely have to update my bluetooth device to get one that handles multimedia. Any suggestions?
    08-04-13 05:53 PM
    A new update has been approved on BBWorld
    New in this release
    ● Support more voices for short messages, including: Male/Female voice in US English and UK English, Spanish Female, French Female, German Female, Italian Female
    ● Option to choose which part of the email to be read. (i.e Entire message, Subject only, Sender Name only and Subject and Sender Name)
    ● Option to limit the number of words of the email body
    ● Bugs fixed

Drive safely with SafeDrive-img_00000730.jpg Drive safely with SafeDrive-img_00000731.jpg
    08-05-13 09:09 PM
    I got the update. There's a serious delay between receiving sms and Safe Drive reading it. I'm talking minutes between the two events. This is while I am on the mobile network (Verizon). I haven't tried from WiFi yet to see if there is a difference, nor have I tried it on any of email accounts yet. I'll post again if there is a difference in performance with those.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 07:22 AM
    Do you think you will be adding the ability to reply by voice? Will that come with your plans to integrate this app with Say It?

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 09:59 AM
    I got the update. There's a serious delay between receiving sms and Safe Drive reading it. I'm talking minutes between the two events. This is while I am on the mobile network (Verizon). I haven't tried from WiFi yet to see if there is a difference, nor have I tried it on any of email accounts yet. I'll post again if there is a difference in performance with those.

Posted via CB10
    Whenever the email is available on the Hub, SafeDrive will read it. The delay might due to internet connection
    08-06-13 10:43 AM
    Do you think you will be adding the ability to reply by voice? Will that come with your plans to integrate this app with Say It?

Posted via CB10
    We're working on it
    08-06-13 10:55 AM
    I will add this to SayIt soon

Posted via CB10
    that's great news
    08-06-13 11:40 AM
    I installed this app and it was working great for me until I installed version 10.2 on my Z10. Now it does not read new text messages it only says one word "new". Is that a know problem, is there a fix?

Hi CB,
    I would like to introduce my new app: SafeDrive

Download link: BlackBerry World - SafeDrive Attachment 177785

SafeDrive� speaks text messages (SMS) and emails aloud so you can concentrate on driving. SafeDrive� eliminates distracted driving by reading incoming SMS and emails in realtime.

Features
    ● Read incoming text messages and emails automatically in realtime
    ● Replay latest email or text message manually
    ● Ability to read incoming text message or email separately
    ● Female voice and male voice
    ● Built natively in Cascades/C++

How to use
    ● Select your account in the dropdown menu, SafeDrive will read latest email or text message according to your selected account
    ● You can leave the app open or minimize it in order to monitor incoming messages/ SMS

Attention
    ● SafeDrive must be opened or run in thumbnail mode to function correctly
    ● We will make SafeDrive run in background whenever BlackBerry releases headless API for 3rd applications

Contact and support
    ● New features will come in future releases, don't hesitate to leave recommendations by leaving reviews for SafeDrive� on BlackBerry World or sending emails to [email protected]
    ● For more information of using SafeDrive, make sure to take a look at the built in User guide inside the app

Screenshots:

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/...ps318c867b.png

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/...psf97def04.png

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/...psefce7d89.png

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/...psb43c94f7.png

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/...ps34b3d151.png

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/...ps66950cd5.png
    08-10-13 01:48 AM
    There are some issues with the leaked OS 10.2 that prevent streaming audio remotely. Hope BlackBerry will fix these issues on the official OS

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 06:49 AM
    There are some issues with the leaked OS 10.2 that prevent streaming audio remotely. Hope BlackBerry will fix these issues on the official OS

Posted via CB10
    I see that you put out an update for SayIt to fix an audio issue in 10.2 and appears to work. With 10.2 Gold SDK out now, do you think you can update SafeDrive to be 10.2 audio compatible? Thanks!
    08-15-13 02:01 PM
    +1 to that.
    I love OS 10.2, but I miss Safe drive.
    Add the ability to monitor multiple accounts at once and I'll be in heaven!
    08-15-13 05:38 PM
    I see that you put out an update for SayIt to fix an audio issue in 10.2 and appears to work. With 10.2 Gold SDK out now, do you think you can update SafeDrive to be 10.2 audio compatible? Thanks!
    I'm gonna update it soon
    08-16-13 03:17 AM
    I'm gonna update it soon
    My preference would be to work on this update before updating SayIt. You are making feature updates to SayIt and SayIt works for 10.1 and 10.2, but safeDrive is not functional in 10.2 at all. So more critical fix needed there so people can use it again.

Thanks
    Ecm likes this.
    08-20-13 03:55 PM
    I would make sense to have the ability to go to blue tooth.

As well, is there any plans to be able to read BBM and messages from other apps like whatsapp? I mean if that's possible reading messages from the hub would be be the best feature ever.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 11:25 PM
    Just bought the app after some consideration only to find out its got issues with 10.2 I'm hoping the update is out soon so the money spent is put to good use! Any ETA on this?

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 02:39 PM
    Now that I have SayIt working on my ST 100-1, think I will pick up this app. Anyone have info on battery drain?

Posted from my Zed 10
    09-04-13 01:21 AM
    A new update for SafeDrive has been submitted on BBWorld and waiting for approval. This update will fix the audio output issues for 10.2 users
    AxKxB and Ecm like this.
    09-10-13 11:58 PM
    Excellent. Thanks.
    09-11-13 12:02 AM
    Got the update, it works now!

Couple questions since I'm a new user...
    Will it only read out the account I have selected in the drop down? Eg only texts if text is selected or only email if email is selected, or that's just for the replay?

I'm using hub++ too, does that get in the way of Safedrive recepting or reading?

It takes a long time for anything to be read out after receiving, play immediately if I go to the app select a different item from the drop down and select ams again. Anything I'm missing?

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 03:20 PM
    I bought this app,,not liking it. Each time you get a new email,it Re reads every other one you had,each time,,quite annoying. And it show its monitoring ,but doesn't read the email automatically, you have to click on the email first. Maybe a glitch. And can only read 1acct ,no texts or secondary emails.one or none. Drivesafe.ly was a good app for this on the 9900. Would have thought they could do the same thing.
    Anyone esle have issues with this one?
    09-14-13 08:18 AM
    That's not my experience with it. Granted, it only monitors one account at a time, but I believe multiple accounts are in the works.

As for your other comments...
    When opened, it reads the last message received. You can tap stop if you wish. From that point, it reads my new incoming messages just fine. Perhaps you should uninstall, reboot and reinstall. Then try it again.
    09-14-13 08:26 AM
    I bought this app,,not liking it. Each time you get a new email,it Re reads every other one you had,each time,,quite annoying. And it show its monitoring ,but doesn't read the email automatically, you have to click on the email first. Maybe a glitch. And can only read 1acct ,no texts or secondary emails.one or none. Drivesafe.ly was a good app for this on the 9900. Would have thought they could do the same thing.
    Anyone esle have issues with this one?
    I see that you also posted these comments in a new thread. Poor form.

Why don't you PM the developer from post #1? Asking for assistance is far more likely to help your situation than posting multiple complaints.
    09-14-13 09:28 AM
    I see that you also posted these comments in a new thread. Poor form.

Why don't you PM the developer from post #1? Asking for assistance is far more likely to help your situation than posting multiple complaints.
    Poor form? Maybe I didn't know about this thread? I tell ya ,some folks on this CB are worse than some women. Man,god forbid you post something that twists their panties*
    09-14-13 09:44 AM
142 ... 23456