@11pts you were right, the icon was a bit showy Lets see the new one
    @BlackBerry4LifeVince should work now. Also Tuber Super will be updated soon

@Canada Panda
    As an update to this issue, I've narrowed it down somewhat to the app not liking it when it loses focus while downloading. When I switch to another active frame, upon switching back I often see that the transfer speed has dropped from 1.5 MB/s to 15 KB/s. When the screen locks, I will sometimes come back to a "connection closed" message.
    I tryed to dig your problem, but I didn't noticed a network speed drop. I should say that I tried only with home wi-fi and I have a good connection. Also the transfer speed is calculated with the last few seconds, so if you see 15 Kb/s is most likely the speed is 0 and when this happens (I set a timout of 10 seconds) you get "connection closed" message. I'll try to see this better
    11pts likes this.
    07-18-13 07:03 AM
    Thanks so much for updating the app! Do I have to re download and install a new bar file?

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q10
    07-18-13 10:18 AM
    Thanks so much for updating the app! Do I have to re download and install a new bar file?
    yes, you will find the latest vesion at the bottom of this page
    07-18-13 10:24 AM
    Thanks again for updating the app, DownloadsManager is brilliant! Love how quickly it works. Also nice job on the new icon, very well done.

lildeimos likes this.
    07-18-13 11:20 AM
    @11pts you were right, the icon was a bit showy Lets see the new one

@Canada Panda

I tryed to dig your problem, but I didn't noticed a network speed drop. I should say that I tried only with home wi-fi and I have a good connection. Also the transfer speed is calculated with the last few seconds, so if you see 15 Kb/s is most likely the speed is 0 and when this happens (I set a timout of 10 seconds) you get "connection closed" message. I'll try to see this better
    Are you saving to SD? It works perfectly when I save to device storage, but acts up when I select my SD card. It doesn't seem to be an SD card issue (outside of possibly slow speed from Class 4) because I can use TubeMate and have all 10 downloads running concurrently while playing video through HDMI.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    07-18-13 12:47 PM
    yes, I tried saving 8 files on sd card with 5 concurrent downloads and let Super play videos.
    I thought that "connection closed" was due to a time out, but seeing the code it is an error coming from network. About that error the docs say: "the remote server closed the connection prematurely, before the entire reply was received and processed".
    I will try to see what the problem could be.
    I don't think that's a sd problem too. I have a Sandisk Micro SDHC 16 Gb that could be a class 4 I think
    07-18-13 02:00 PM
    Not sure what happened but after working this morning, no Vevo videos are downloading again. I've tried multiple vevo videos and all are coming up with an error. Normal videos seem to be working fine.
    DownloadsManager, for now only for YouTube-img_00000015.png

Last edited by BlackBerry4LifeVince; 07-18-13 at 11:51 PM.
    07-18-13 11:38 PM
    yes, I tried saving 8 files on sd card with 5 concurrent downloads and let Super play videos.
    I thought that "connection closed" was due to a time out, but seeing the code it is an error coming from network. About that error the docs say: "the remote server closed the connection prematurely, before the entire reply was received and processed".
    I will try to see what the problem could be.
    I don't think that's a sd problem too. I have a Sandisk Micro SDHC 16 Gb that could be a class 4 I think
    I saved a screenshot of how far the download gets before failing. Maybe it has to do with how large the files are. This happened while watching a 720p video from the SD card through HDMI, with the CB app in focus and Downloads Manager in a background frame.

Link to the YouTube video: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4X4TWzQBBE0

DownloadsManager, for now only for YouTube-img_00000624.png

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    07-19-13 03:28 AM
    @BlackBerry4LifeVince I have updated with the fix
    @Canada Panda I tryed downloading and watching hd video over hdmi (with Video app) having CB focused. After some minutes go back to downloads manager and I seen a speed drop. No errors but this drop of speed may cause the problem. If I will try to find a solution and let you know. Thansk
    07-19-13 06:36 AM
    Thanks for looking into it.

This might be related to the issue - after the download failing a few times, I noticed that my SD card had filled up with "Other Data" again. I had cleared it just before so the likely cause was Downloads Manager. After running ScanDisk on the card in Windows, it picked up over 1000 lost file fragments adding up to 2 GB. Could it be a caching issue related to how the files are downloaded?

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    07-19-13 06:46 AM
    @BlackBerry4LifeVince I have updated with the fix
    Thanks again for the quick reply and update to the app! I'm really impressed by how much you're engaged with the CB community and answering our problems and questions. I wish every developer was like this! Thanks again

BravoZuluDelta and lildeimos like this.
    07-19-13 10:02 AM
    Thanks BlackBerry4LifeVnce, you have the "lucky" that downloadsdmanager is no more on App Worls and there is not the submit lag :-)

@Canada Panda I tryed a lot this time. I let the video you linked before to complete the download while looking at the log debug (in the SDK) the speed in real time, while watching hd videos stored on sd card with and withoud HDMI output and also while browsing with CB app or watching other 1080p videos with Super. Also tried with more concurrent downloads. I didn't see that kind of speed drop
    I use linux, but booted into windows and started the scandisk for the first time since I have my Z10 and it found about 12 Mb of 22 .chk. After that I started downloading again a bounch of videos letting them to finish, or cancel the download or let them receive download error disconnecting the network. I started again the scandisk but were all ok.
    In downloadsmanager I don't use cache, when a download packet is received it is suddenly written and when whatever error is received the file is removed.
    So now I do not know where to turn my head . The only thing coming into my mind is the sd card you are using, but sound odd... it should give some write error, can you try also to turn on "Access using Wi-Fi" option on the phone and copy large files into sd card and run scandisk before and after ?
    thanks
    07-19-13 12:11 PM
    I'll do that test once I get home. If no one else has reported similar issues, then it seems like the problem is on my end. It's weird that TubeMate and Bittorrent both save to the SD card without issue...perhaps the Android player has its own layer of error-checking.

Either way, thanks for looking into this. I echo Vince's sentiments, we need more developers like you.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    07-19-13 12:50 PM
    I just moved a 1.2 GB file back and forth three times and "Other Data" hasn't appeared on my card.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    07-19-13 08:16 PM
    downloadsmanager has been updated and Super is also been submitted to App World to fix vevo videos
    11pts and Stephen C. like this.
    07-27-13 10:48 AM
    "Video ID not found" is what I get every time I try to use Downloads manager to get a video from YouTube. What am I doing wrong? please help.
    08-02-13 03:40 PM
    from which app do you share the video ? If it is from the embedded youtube app, please try to share by chosing the bottom right menu.
    If this doesn't work, can you tell me the what is the exact text content if you try to share with BBM, twitter, sms or another app ?
    08-02-13 04:18 PM
    for those interested here you can find the bar of a new version and also a nice how-to
    BlackBerryOS.com - Friday Tip: Snatch YouTube Videos Straight Onto Your Z10
    I got it working now. The problem was my browser was in desktop mode. When i turned desktop mode off it started working. Thanks for the quick response.
    08-02-13 06:04 PM
    Where is the link

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 10:21 AM
    Where is the link
    you can find at the bottom of this page
    super: Super for BlackBerry 10
    08-04-13 02:36 PM
    My word, how did this get by me?
    Thanks a bunch!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 09:12 AM
    You should download the. bar on your pc then side load it into the phone

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 09:22 AM
    @lildeimos besides Super and DownloadsManager, are you intending on making any new apps?
    lildeimos likes this.
    08-08-13 09:44 AM
    I made also Imagery that let you search images over the net with google image, then can be rotated, scaled, downloaded or wallpaperized. But it has not the BB10 UI style and I didn't updated it since january . I plan to update Super in a few days with new features, after that I will reach my milestone for that app and hope BB guys after 7 months will take a look at it for BFBB revie. I am open for suggestions regarding new projects
    thanks for your interest
    11pts likes this.
    08-08-13 10:49 AM
    @lildeimos there is a thread for your app Super 2 formerly known as Super. Just thought you should know so you can respond to questions there.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...outube-845224/
    lildeimos likes this.
    09-03-13 12:52 PM
94 1234