it has been removed
    if you did have it dont delete it lol
    back up on BB link and it will or should always restore the app even after a device wipe.
    04-29-13 01:28 PM
    for those interested here you can find the bar of a new version and also a nice how-to
    BlackBerryOS.com - Friday Tip: Snatch YouTube Videos Straight Onto Your Z10
    What's the change log for the new version?

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 06:24 PM
    What's the change log for the new version?
    You have the choice to save on sdcard and 2 editable file names are displayed. One is the sequential number and the other is the video title
    05-01-13 03:50 AM
    You have the choice to save on sdcard and 2 editable file names are displayed. One is the sequential number and the other is the video title
    My suggestion got picked up lol nice. Man love this app. Think you'll be adding support for anymore sites?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 10:40 AM
    Is this app still getting worked in and updated although it's pulled from BlackBerry World?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 11:39 AM
    you can find it here.
    Whitin few days it will be replaced with a new version because the the sdcard folder has a new location and for now it gives you error when downloading on external memory.
    BravoZuluDelta likes this.
    06-18-13 03:05 PM
    Ok thanks il stick it out till u get the new one! Please keep this post up to date and post about updates cheers

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 06:35 PM
    I tried to write a blog post here. It's a description of Tuber app but at bottom there is the link for a new version of download manager.
    Save on sdcard has been fixed. Also fixed download for some kind of videos.
    Let me know if you find any problem and for issues about Tuber here the thread. A fix for sdcard and some video playback of Tuber should be available within few days on AppWorld.
    BravoZuluDelta likes this.
    06-24-13 12:34 PM
    Thanks for the update! As a future feature request, would it be possible to add the option for scheduled downloads? I get unlimited data from 2 am to 8 am, and currently schedule most of my downloads on the laptop. Having this option would eliminate having to keep another machine on through the night.
    06-24-13 08:27 PM
    Good work. Here are some suggestion so i can stop bring a second phone.

- options to choose a start page, like subscription, local video. Or a start page for us to choose which section of youtube.

- background video, that why we hav the hub on bb.

- save play position for local video, so ppl can use it as podcast player

- share menu on top, so ppl can share to download manager for less swipe

- keyboard shortcut for q10, espically for sharing, add to watch later

- intergate player action to media button

Most important. Remove the blackground, its sooo ugly. I perfer black black for q10.

Alot of podcast are now on youtube and i can see ur app can fill that space together with the download manager.

As for download manager, can we have the option for having default quality so we can have almost one click saving from tuber?

Thanks for listening.
    06-25-13 01:01 PM
    @Canada Panda & @mmmeep thanks to you for your suggestions I really appreciate. All are in the TODO list now with high priority for the background
    mmmeep what do you mean about "backgroud video" ? A behavior like the music player app when thumbnailed with the media buttons ?
    And about podcast, if I remeber well, I tried to play those kind of streams unsuccesfully. I will retry.
    thanks
    06-25-13 02:43 PM
    Backgroud video, like audio continue to play when the app is in active frame or when we r in the hub.

Alot of shows are on youtube, so we can subscribe on tuber and dl via downloader manager and watch them.
    06-26-13 01:22 AM
    I tried to write a blog post here. It's a description of Tuber app but at bottom there is the link for a new version of download manager.
    Save on sdcard has been fixed. Also fixed download for some kind of videos.
    Let me know if you find any problem and for issues about Tuber here the thread. A fix for sdcard and some video playback of Tuber should be available within few days on AppWorld.
    Thanks for the update! Is it possible to extend DownloadManager to capture also video links from other non YouTube sites? ie Vimeo, TED
    I'm thinking in something like FlashGot Media (FlashGot - Best Firefox Download Manager Integration - what is it? - InformAction) that usually picks the video links in any site with media on it.
    Thanks again for the update! Wolf
    06-27-13 08:55 AM
    I think that Flashgot uses a different kind of approach. While downloadsmanager directly receive an url, Flashgot monitor firefox cache to see if videos (and in which site) are present in the web page. I think that this "monitoring" action is not possible in BB OS, but maybe its possible to monitor network traffic. Maybe someone more expert then me can help ?
    06-27-13 10:46 AM
    So I have to sideload Downloadmanager?
    06-27-13 10:59 AM
    I think that Flashgot uses a different kind of approach. While downloadsmanager directly receive an url, Flashgot monitor firefox cache to see if videos (and in which site) are present in the web page. I think that this "monitoring" action is not possible in BB OS, but maybe its possible to monitor network traffic. Maybe someone more expert then me can help ?
    I really don't know, nothing clear on how the media detection works from the description at FlashGot Media ... they comment in how to get the source code and check for spyware absence, so analyzing the code may help to see how it works (FlashGot - Getting the sources)
    I'm sorry I can't be of additional help, Wolf.
    06-27-13 12:39 PM
    it has been removed
    if you did have it dont delete it lol
    back up on BB link and it will or should always restore the app even after a device wipe.
    06-28-13 07:50 AM
    I have added the suggestions given by Canada Panda and mmmeep (the settings screenshot is in the 1st post):
    • in the settings menu its possible to set automatic downloads with preferred resolution and naming method. If the preferred resolution is not available a lower one is downloaded.
    • also in settings there is the schedule function with the day time range to pick. This option override the automatic download and it will get preferred resolution and naming method from the automatic download section.

The schedule maybe needs some more tests. If you find some issues please let me know

Also I made some updates to Tuber. It had to change the app name (that became Super) and I added the features suggested by mmmeep except, for now, the save play position for local videos and the podcast viewer. I send you back to tuber post
    BravoZuluDelta and Stephen C. like this.
    07-09-13 10:27 AM
    Awesome!! Thank you. I'll sideload once I get home and post here if I run into any issues with the scheduler.

One thing that I've noticed, though - and it may be due to my slower Class 4 SD card - sometimes while watching a video and concurrently running a download, Downloads Manager will freeze completely. When this happens, I actually lose access to the entire SD card until a reboot, and sometimes the video I was watching will then be corrupted.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    07-09-13 11:01 AM
    Great. Thanks for the prompt responses.
    07-09-13 05:50 PM
    Awesome!! Thank you. I'll sideload once I get home and post here if I run into any issues with the scheduler.

One thing that I've noticed, though - and it may be due to my slower Class 4 SD card - sometimes while watching a video and concurrently running a download, Downloads Manager will freeze completely. When this happens, I actually lose access to the entire SD card until a reboot, and sometimes the video I was watching will then be corrupted.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    As an update to this issue, I've narrowed it down somewhat to the app not liking it when it loses focus while downloading. When I switch to another active frame, upon switching back I often see that the transfer speed has dropped from 1.5 MB/s to 15 KB/s. When the screen locks, I will sometimes come back to a "connection closed" message.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    lildeimos likes this.
    07-16-13 11:41 AM
    Love the app! I know there are other apps that can be ported over from android that do this but happy to support a native app/developer. I was wondering if the ability to download music videos from YouTube will be added in the future. I've noticed that any video on a vevo youtube account keeps receiving an error when trying to download. This feature would be greatly appreciated (And would help save my data plan lol)

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q10
    lildeimos likes this.
    07-17-13 12:04 PM
    @Canada Panda thank you for investigate the problem, I'll take a look in the week end.
    @BlackBerry4LifeVince that's a problem that sometimes occurs when youtube change something. I'll fix it asap.
    07-17-13 12:14 PM
    @Canada Panda thank you for investigate the problem, I'll take a look in the week end.
    @BlackBerry4LifeVince that's a problem that sometimes occurs when youtube change something. I'll fix it asap.
    Thanks so much! Looking forward to the update

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q10
    07-17-13 12:42 PM
    I have a suggestion and this is only cosmetic so no biggie, but is there any chance of a new logo icon? Anyway, other than that the app works great! Thanks again

Posted via CB10
    lildeimos likes this.
    07-17-13 06:20 PM
94 1234